Stockport county - staunch

used to go down to my mates family in stockport in the 80s when we were going to the manc derby on the saturday, at that time county played home games on the friday night at Edgeley park so we would head along to see them

Great Club. They should be getting back to where they belong soon.

They have suffered like most of the Greater Manchester teams and towns in the last 20 years. I've enjoyed my trips to Edgeley and had a nice wee tour with Jim Gannon.

Been to a few games I’m sure asa Hartford was the manager back in the day lotsa great pubs near edgeley park mad hatters I think they were called

Noticed this thread on their message board. Interesting views..

Count de Stockport seems to have 1 too many 'O's in his name

Never knew this about them. Laughed when I read their fan forum and see some calling us scruffs. New one on me.

I “knew” a very attractive and friendly young lady from Stockport back in my younger and single days. Nothing to do with football but happy memories.

Me too. Stockport's a much nicer place than it sounds. And their ground used to be the closest league ground to the River Mersey, until they got relegated out the league...
Unfortunately it's not as nice as it used to be. Though that could be said about most places. Was a decent enough place to grow up in but I'm delighted to have left.

I “knew” a very attractive and friendly young lady from Stockport back in my younger and single days. Nothing to do with football but happy memories.
Utter lies! There aren't any attractive ladies in Stockport. She must've moved there from somewhere else. Haha.

Back