Stoke City away games travel free.

Tommyhlrsc

Official Ticketer
Just caught a slot on that Victoria Derbyshire show.
Topic on cost of EPL football being too expensive, Stoke rep advises that under 21 can get in for £13 and for the last 5 years the Club has put on free travel to any ground in the country...
Fair play to them in doing that.

All the EPL clubs are given a set sum to spend on fan initiatives like this. Some lay on a free pint & pie at long-distance away games, others run cut price charter trains. Stoke have been doing these free coaches for about 5 years now

Jog my memory; did Murray pay for tickets for one of the games in the UEFA cup run?

Maybe I’ve lost the plot, but Sporting or Bremen rings a bell.

I know, I know, it’s unlikely. :)

Jog my memory; did Murray pay for tickets for one of the games in the UEFA cup run?

Maybe I’ve lost the plot, but Sporting or Bremen rings a bell.

I know, I know, it’s unlikely. :)

Yes for Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina I think certainly Sporting Lisbon

The club I doubt Murray personally did

As Marstonbear stated all EPL clubs get money for fans initiatives

Up each club to decide what to do with it

One bus every second week ain't going to skin a club making millions and millions.

Agreed, but the gesture isn’t a bad one.

Imagine, once things are sorted, if we did it once a season as a goodwill to those who follow all over the country?

First European game at Ibrox next season free on the season ticket would be a nice gesture.

(Appreciate our situation is massively different at present to Stoke)

Agreed, but the gesture isn’t a bad one.

Imagine, once things are sorted, if we did it once a season as a goodwill to those who follow all over the country?

First European game at Ibrox next season free on the season ticket would be a nice gesture.

(Appreciate our situation is massively different at present to Stoke)
See what you're saying but at say £20 a ticket, we'd be giving up £1m of revenue, quite significant when our annual turnover is below £30m

Good gesture, as it ultimately won’t scratch the surface, but will make a big difference to the supporters. Couple that with the £30 cap on away tickets and it’s a pretty cheap day out.

One bus every second week ain't going to skin a club making millions and millions.
Isn’t it all away fans? 3000 a week? 50-60 buses. Fair enough, they make enough cash but they could come up with another idea that would benefit fans less and Stoke is a poor area, while following an EPL side is expensive.

Good gesture, as it ultimately won’t scratch the surface, but will make a big difference to the supporters. Couple that with the £30 cap on away tickets and it’s a pretty cheap day out.
I’m confused?! £30 cap on away tickets? Surely it is up to the away side (unless Stoke also subsidise tickets?!).

I’m confused?! £30 cap on away tickets? Surely it is up to the away side (unless Stoke also subsidise tickets?!).

It’s a league rule mate.

I don’t mean Stoke have a cap. It was just a general comment, that following Stoke away from home is a pretty cheap day out. £30 gets you a ticket and bus, no matter where it is.

Unless I’m also confused? :D

It’s a league rule mate.

I don’t mean Stoke have a cap. It was just a general comment, that following Stoke away from home is a pretty cheap day out. £30 gets you a ticket and bus, no matter where it is.

Unless I’m also confused? :D

Is this new? Didn’t Man City fans protest at Arsenal a few years (2/3) ago as they had to pay £65?

Aye start of last season I think. The highest priced ticket is capped at 30 quid for at least three years.
Didn’t realise that. A really positive move. It does, however, smack of hypocrisy as the home fans can be charged far more.

The price of season tickets at Arsenal and Spurs in particular is mental. There are enough people in London who earn enough to justify it but it wouldn’t fly elsewhere.

It leads to fans sharing tickets though and people buying one ‘for the office,’ which dilutes the atmosphere.

I live in London and have seen loads of Arsenal St’s being offered around for individual games. It cannot help with supporting the team.

It came in last season the max price for away fans. It’s pretty good as I was at Chelsea earlier in season watching City and it cost me 30 quid. Two years ago I was 52 quid so a decent saving. 30 is the max and it can be less but I’ve not encountered a team charging less. Thought Man City and a few other teams used to subsidise their fans for journeys to London and beyond. Few years ago we went to Southampton and club took 30 off us but ticket wasn’t 48

The £30 cap for away fans in the EPL came about after pressure couple with the current TV deal that EPL secured

Virgin Media who are Southampton's main sponsor give back £10 making it just £20 to each away fan entering St Mary's well they did last season

Prior to the cap some clubs did subsidised ticket prices via the EPL money handed to the clubs for fan initiatives

Back