Stokes assaulting Tav video?

Typical looks like we moved on to this new board in September 2017, the month after that game.

Referee threads should be stickies so folk don’t forget their previous.

Started a thread about this game months ago , angriest I have ever been leaving a game because of the ref - their poor wee misunderstood manager that day cupping his ears to the whole main stand didnt help my mood either.

Outcome of the above incidents was a Jack red card, a Morelos booking and a Tavernier booking.
I remember the frustration that day. Absolute scumbag.

Teams were booting us around the park for yonks.

Last laugh will be had when that trophy is held aloft! Is there a better feeling?

That game was basically the SFA and their referee setting a template for how Rangers were to be treated.
Beaton's display must be up there as the most one-sided ridiculously biased display from a referee in Scotland ever.
Clancy at New Year came close mind you.
I must admit though, Beaton takes the fckn biscuit.

That game was basically the SFA and their referee setting a template for how Rangers were to be treated.
Beaton's display must be up there as the most one-sided ridiculously biased display from a referee in Scotland ever.

Beaton vs Hibs in 2017, Clancy vs filth last season and Beaton vs Kimarnock last season are the worst I have ever seen.

The Kilmarnock game had a ridiculous amount of game changing decisions go wrongly against us. From them equalising with a handball to Morelos being denied a perfectly good late winner, and all sorts in between.

Beaton directly cost us 3 points in both of the above games. He also cost us a win at Pittodrie last season by denying us a late stonewall penalty.

Beaton vs Hibs in 2017, Clancy vs filth last season and Beaton vs Kimarnock last season are the worst I have ever seen.

The Kilmarnock game had a ridiculous amount of game changing decisions go wrongly against us. From them equalising with a handball to Morelos being denied a perfectly good late winner, and all sorts in between.

Beaton directly cost us 3 points in both of the above games. He also cost us a win at Pittodrie last season by denying us a late stonewall penalty.
Yes, he has managed to scupper a lot of our hopes at vital moments in a season.
I think Gerrard's response yesterday was of a man who had bitten his tongue for too long.

That Hibs game was the worst-reffed match I've ever seen watching Rangers in 40 years.

Outcome of the above incidents was a Jack red card, a Morelos booking and a Tavernier booking.
Couldnt believe what i was watching that day.

3 red cards for Hibs resulted in 2 yellows and a red for Rangers. McGeouch got away with half a dozen shocking tackles while on a booking as well. It might have been one of his on Dorrans that started the incident for the Jack red card.

I said in another thread but Beaton shouldve been banned from refereeing again after that.

The worst refereeing performance I can recall principally as there were numerous incidents that were missed.

And I'm old enough to remember Andrew Waddell and Bob Valentine.

Couldnt believe what i was watching that day.

3 red cards for Hibs resulted in 2 yellows and a red for Rangers. McGeouch got away with half a dozen shocking tackles while on a booking as well. It might have been one of his on Dorrans that started the incident for the Jack red card.

I said in another thread but Beaton shouldve been banned from refereeing again after that.
Pretty sure you're right - he came through the back of Dorrans which led to the players squaring up. Anyone else remember that foreign guy they had in midfield constantly shoving Dorrans when we were taking throw ins?

Stokes was an utter coward that day. Dragging Tav down knowing Tav couldnt fight back. The ultimate cowardly cnt. He is one ugly bastart.

Just watched the official SPFL highlights on YouTube. Not posting them because surprisingly none of the incidents mentioned above are shown other than the Jack red card which is edited from an angle behind Jack so not a great view of what Stokes did. Stokes assault on Tav, Mcgregor on Morelos, McGeough on Pena who was clean through with McGeough already booked, plus Stokes grabbing Jack by the neck, it was the angriest I have ever been at a referee. You could argue all 4 incidents should have been red cards for Hibs players (Stokes twice). Beaton does his job first incident, rest doesn't happen.

Was absolutely full of rage after this day. Seeing that brings back the memories. Disgusting refereeing performance that day, and exactly the reason why we should take the opportunity to get it up every single one of them while we're on top.

I'm not one to remember specific incidents all the time like many on here, but I will never forget Beaton that day and the Jack red card.

Back