Stonefield Tavern Blantyre

ClubDeckBear

Moved to Blantyre a couple weeks ago and took a walk down today, cracking pub. Does anyone know anyone I can get in touch with about the RSC/bus that runs out of there?

I’ve moved away from the area but was in when Goram
used to be involved in running it. Great boozer. Use them
or lose them as the saying goes.

Two buses leave from the pub. Blantyre Rangers Supporters club run a 25 seater to all the games, the bus is full. Auld Da Loyal also run a 35 seater, but only to the home games. Not sure about availability on that one. There is also a bus leaves the Cornerstone in High Blantyre. Better to try the Stonefield Tavern first as it's a cracking wee Rangers shop.

Eddlewood RSC I trustB-)
I used to go on that when it was the Kerr Memorial RSC run by Big Willie Richmond RIP & Snatch Wilson. We actually had a boy who drove up from Ecclefechen (sp) down the M74. Went to the Borussia Munchegladbach on that bus with some boys from the Jaffa in Burnbank in the late 80's .

Last edited:
Great wee pub , it's not only a great Rangers pub , but Stan , his family and the staff do loads for the local community eg food parcels during the pandemic, free Xmas lunches for elderly regulars. I did my 1st book launch in it over 2 years ago ' 10 matches 10 players ' interviewing all the ex players in the pub. And recently Stan and I collaborated on my 2nd book ' Follow We Will' , holding the book launch 4 weeks ago in the pub.

There are rooms upstairs as well for travelling fans to stay in, I'm down in the south of England so stay regularly and I know loads stay from all over UK .

Some great memorabilia in it as well including the trophy from the Ray Wilkins Memorial game we organised at Sutton United and the Rangers Legends won

Give it a go ..

Auld was Archie And Snatch would be aged about 68 now an young is that young Archie stays in Blantyre?
Don't know fella.

I moved from Hamilton in 1996 and stopped going on the bus a couple of years later.

I think big Willie R passed away after I left. I remember being at Tinch's funeral but not Willie's.

Last time I saw Snatch (Peter) he had some business venture going away from Hamilton.

Don't know fella.

I moved from Hamilton in 1996 and stopped going on the bus a couple of years later.

I think big Willie R passed away after I left. I remember being at Tinch's funeral but not Willie's.

Last time I saw Snatch (Peter) he had some business venture going away from Hamilton.

Big Willie must be dead 10 years +

Don't know fella.

Aye he was running a pub can't remember where exactly the borders sound feasible but he back up early 2010's was working as a private hire driver and living in Blantyre too. Due to Covid haven't seen him for ages. Do you remember Spoon? Met him in Marmaris in 2011 in Rocky's Rangers pub.

I used to go on that when it was the Kerr Memorial RSC run by Big Willie Richmond RIP & Snatch Wilson. We actually had a boy who drove up from Ecclefechen (sp) down the M74. Went to the Borussia Munchegladbach on that bus with some boys from the Jaffa in Burnbank in the late 80's .
Forgot about the guy from Ecclefechan, was it Hammy,Nick,and Turpy,not 100% sure the Turpy name.That came from the Jaffa.

Aye he was running a pub can't remember where exactly the borders sound feasible but he back up early 2010's was working as a private hire driver and living in Blantyre too. Due to Covid haven't seen him for ages. Do you remember Spoon? Met him in Marmaris in 2011 in Rocky's Rangers pub.
Spoon, Willie Wallace by any chance.???

Christ, I do indeed.

Last time I saw him was at Dave Watson Testimonial at Goodison in B&W telly days.:))

Two buses leave from the pub. Blantyre Rangers Supporters club run a 25 seater to all the games, the bus is full. Auld Da Loyal also run a 35 seater, but only to the home games. Not sure about availability on that one. There is also a bus leaves the Cornerstone in High Blantyre. Better to try the Stonefield Tavern first as it's a cracking wee Rangers shop.
Never knew cornerstone was a Rangers boozer, handy to know that

Is the Cornerstone a Rangers boozer? It's high blantyre I moved to, up next to Crossbasket castle. I'm only a 5 min walk from the Cornerstone!

Is the Cornerstone a Rangers boozer? It's high blantyre I moved to, up next to Crossbasket castle. I'm only a 5 min walk from the Cornerstone!
It's just a normal pub mate. Not a Rangers pub in the sense of The Stonefield.

It's a pub which has a majority of Rangers fans, I live 200 yards from it. It's not like the Stonefield. A Rangers supporters bus has left from there for decades. Once we're allowed back into Ibrox I'll probably leave from the bus there.

Cornerstone bus is the bus I go on great pub and great bus

Live a 20 min walk from it, should really go to it more often
I was surprised there was even Rangers supporters from Blantyre. All of them that come from Blantyre/Hamilton/Uddingston etc that come to my work through the agency always seem to be tims.

It's a pub which has a majority of Rangers fans, I live 200 yards from it. It's not like the Stonefield. A Rangers supporters bus has left from there for decades. Once we're allowed back into Ibrox I'll probably leave from the bus there.
Cornerstone bus is the bus I go on great pub and great bus
Thanks guys. Will check the Stonefield out again and pop into Cornerstone, see what works best for a match day.

Back