Stop funding anti-Rangers hatred - Cancel your TV license - 20/6/19 Update - Possible refunds to be had

SM™

Staff member
So I cancelled my TV license. We were paying for a Virgin box but everything we watched was on YouTube or Netflix. BBC Scotland are an awful shower so we had the Virgin TV service disabled, the TV had no aerial attached, so we set about doing our bit to stop funding the BBC's biased service which ignores Rangers where possible unless they can attack us.

First off if you have a license, you have to fill in this form to cancel it - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/contact-us/question.app

If you have a Direct Debit set up, cancel it with your bank immediately.

After that you have to declare that you don't need one - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

They have been known to perform the odd check but you can tell them to sod off. Obviously they accept it a lot better if they come in and it's just an XBox and a Firestick that are wired up to the telly.

*** IMPORTANT INFO IF YOU CANCEL LICENSE RE: IPLAYER ***
Watching iPlayer in your home without a TV license is illegal
Watching iPlayer at another property on your device is illegal UNLESS you use his power source
(I seriously can't think of any way that they could get you on this unless you're viewing it in front of them but you know it's illegal so you won't do it because you couldn't live with yourself if you thought you weren't paying for Sportsound or something with Janey f*cking Godley in it)

ITV/C4/C5 player shows on catch-p that have already aired - LEGAL
ITV/C4/C5 player live broadcasts - ILLEGAL

The BBC has been at war with us for years. Time to put up some sort of defence. Stop their funding for their Scotch channel that nobody wanted. End the bias of programmes like Panorama. No more Question Time panels consisting of 83% Remainers in a country that's 48% Remain.

And, most of all, no more funding the likes of that freak McLaughlin, that tabloid hack bastard Mark Daly and the rest of them who have replaced news with thinly-veiled activism..

UPDATE 20/6/19! POTENTIAL FOR £££!

Oi! You lot!

Just to add to this thread. I meant to do so earlier but it totally slipped my mind.

A lot of people who are paying for their TV license are actually paying towards next year's license at the same time. After we cancelled my wife realised this a couple of weeks later so I got her to call up and, yep, we'd paid £90 OVER what we should've paid and we're to fill in a form and send it away to have the money refunded to us.

They won't tell you that when you cancel so please ask. It's a handy wee bung from people who have been ripping us off for years to throw money at a bunch of Rangers-hating bastards.

Last edited:
I not been funding them for over 10 years.

Built my own linux box/server with like of plex, sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd+, nzbdrone now called sonarr etc to search leech file and sort for watching.

Had no need for live tv and now with Amazon prime video and Netflix etc its even easier to get off live tv.

First off if you have a license, you have to fill in this form to cancel it - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/contact-us/question.app

After that you have to declare that you don't need one - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

They have been known to perform the odd check but you can tell them to sod off. Obviously they accept it a lot better if they come in and it's just an XBox and a Firestick that are wired up to the telly.

Technically watching iPlayer online is illegal but they've no way of checking that so you're fine.

The BBC has been at war with us for years. Time to put up some sort of defence. Stop their funding for their Scotch channel that nobody wanted. End the bias of programmes like Panorama. No more Question Time panels consisting of 83% Remainers in a country that's 48% Remain.

And, most of all, no more funding the likes of that freak McLaughlin, that tabloid hack bastard Mark Daly and the rest of them who have replaced news with thinly-veiled activism..

I went one further and got rid of my two tellys.
I had two TV licence goons at my door.
You have no idea how satisfying it was to let them in the door to have a look and seeing the disappointment on their faces.

“We’ll not be in contact for another year.”

I look forward to it.

F uck the BBC.

P.S. I don’t miss TV one little bit.

I'm currently about 8 years without the license. In that time I have only had two visits from capita (who are sub contractors to do door stepping on behalf of the BBC). Refused entry both times and they just say we will report it. I sent a letter to them advising I would see them in court. I have studied the public charter and the discrimination we currently suffer as Rangers fans completely goes against the charter. Since I have written about the discrimination issue guess what. No correspondence and no door stepping, not even their pathetic mass mailed warning we are watching you. I told them I'd litigate against them regarding the discrimination and it's been radio silence since. So bears cancel that direct debit and tell them to do one. Tell the capita representative you will not be discriminated against and when they report to aunty beeb they completely shit the bed. They don't want this to go to court as they know their actions against us are dubious.

I'm currently about 8 years without the license. In that time I have only had two visits from capita (who are sub contractors to do door stepping on behalf of the BBC). Refused entry both times and they just say we will report it. I sent a letter to them advising I would see them in court. I have studied the public charter and the discrimination we currently suffer as Rangers fans completely goes against the charter. Since I have written about the discrimination issue guess what. No correspondence and no door stepping, not even their pathetic mass mailed warning we are watching you. I told them I'd litigate against them regarding the discrimination and it's been radio silence since. So bears cancel that direct debit and tell them to do one. Tell the capita representative you will not be discriminated against and when they report to aunty beeb they completely shit the bed. They don't want this to go to court as they know their actions against us are dubious.
Why don't we fund a test case then?
All it needs is them to take one of us to court.
Stop paying the licence, no explanation why just let it go to court.

Is it really a good idea having a thread on a public forum which is promoting illegal activity?

It's not illegal. It's perfectly legal not to pay for TV license when you don't stream or record live television. I've not had one for the past 3 years because I only use online streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, ITV Player, 4OD and so on. I have a PS4, Nintendo Switch and Fire Stick hooked up to my television.

When you declare that you don't need one you can give them the reasons for owning a TV but not requiring a TV license - it's all perfectly legal.

What if you have Virgin tv? Can you argue that you only watch ITV Player, 4OD and Netflix etc through Virgin?

Or, does having Virgin set up mean that I would need a tv licence?

I like your style mate why other people don't do the same I can't understand it, there should be a concerted campaign and a class action by Rangers supporters against them that would make them change instantly from their bullying and discriminatory tactics.

I only have a PS4 and firestick connected to my tv. No sky/virgin and no aerial (Don't even have an aerial connection in living room)

On firestick I only use Netflix, but girlfriend has downloaded iplayer before but it isn't used.

If someone came yo door, can they request that you show them what is on the firestick to prove you don't watch live tv?

I only have a PS4 and firestick connected to my tv. No sky/virgin and no aerial (Don't even have an aerial connection in living room)

On firestick I only use Netflix, but girlfriend has downloaded iplayer before but it isn't used.

If someone came yo door, can they request that you show them what is on the firestick to prove you don't watch live tv?
They can, you can tell them to f*ck off, if they threaten you with further action just tell them you refuse to pay for a service which is discriminatory and shut the door.

Haven't paid for about 7 or 8 years. Had a few visits but it's like a sport for me now.
As long as you do not confirm or offer your name there is nothing they can do.
I've been Mr householder every time they come, so they cannot put a name on their bit of paper to start proceeding against you. You are not in camera with law.
They usually chap the door and say your name when you answer, just say no I'm Mr householder. Great fun

Is it really a good idea having a thread on a public forum which is promoting illegal activity?
Some laws are not just ones and no law was ever changed by people saying, "We support Rangers or Cowdenbeath or Frickley Athletic or whatever so we can't complain because that's what other people do."

Where did our inability to complain and our loyalty to that scum f*ck David Murray get us?

Protesting state-enforced funding of a group which actively persecutes Rangers FC and the Protestant community isn't just something we should think about, it's something we have a duty to take part in.

Some people seem to forget the word is PROTEST-antism.

If it's not for you, fair enough, but I'm not rolling over to have my belly tickled by some IRA-loving, Rangers-hating bastards in a broadcasting studio who think that cartoons of Rangers managers committing suicide and random attacks on children playing for Rangers is acceptable.

Dispensed with my TV more than ten years ago. I just got sick of funding propaganda aimed at demonising and marginalising Rangers supporters.

What was once a great national institution bringing people together now serves to diminish those who don’t tick the right boxes.

I went one further and got rid of my two tellys.
I had two TV licence goons at my door.
You have no idea how satisfying it was to let them in the door to have a look and seeing the disappointment on their faces.

“We’ll not be in contact for another year.”

I look forward to it.

F uck the BBC.

P.S. I don’t miss TV one little bit.
Hope you have a nice table lamp in place if your Tv .:p

Overseas people can watch uk tv from anywhere the biased,bigotted,crunts channel as well with a vpn set to somewhere in the UK. London, Manchester or whatever you can have it on your laptop and connect it to your screen with a hdmi connection, they can't track it to you or just watch it on the pc they don't pay the Rsoles a cent.

It's not a legal requirement to have one if you're not watching live tv.
It is if you are watching the iPlayer or any of the other on demand services which the OP states and say but how do they check.
If you don’t need one don’t pay, but I’m not sure we should be advocating on a public forum that we carry out illegal activity.

What if I said I just used my tv to listen to radio like talk sport or LBC. Not working and I would love to stop paying them and I do resent it,but don't want to be getting fined which will put me in more financial bother.

I stopped paying it years ago took 2 minutes to fill the online form in and you hear from them every 2 years asking if anything has changed.

It is if you are watching the iPlayer or any of the other on demand services which the OP states and say but how do they check.
If you don’t need one don’t pay, but I’m not sure we should be advocating on a public forum that we carry out illegal activity.

It's also illegal for the BBC to break their side of the contract. Ie the public charter says it will not discriminate. They are by discriminating against Rangers FC. By the their own choice.

Why do you need to pay a license fee to the BBC for watching live TV on any channel? Are they saying that even if you only watched STV, which is funded by advertising, and nothing else, the BBC still has to get their dues?

Stopped paying mine almost 18 months ago,they burst my arse with letters and even visited me at 7pm on a friday night ,contacted them and told them i no longer need a licence,havent heard a peep since

Technically watching iPlayer online is illegal but they've no way of checking that so you're fine.

Been ahead of the game for years on this one.

Back