Stop funding anti-Rangers hatred - Cancel your TV license - 20/6/19 Update - Possible refunds to be had

If you lived in a bloody big house, with 1 kid it was?

Ours iirc ( my dad's3 bed council terrace) went from £162 old rates to £2700 poll tax for the seven of us.

Exactly. Seven people paying for the services that seven people use. That's the way it should be. The size of the house is irrelevant. Its the number of people using the services and voting for the services that count.

The problem is many people want lots of services but want someone else to pay. Using your example each of the seven in your household paid less than 50p per week. My curent 'rates' bill for a 2 bed flat costs me and my wife £20 per week each. We dont use more services but have to pay 40 times more than you did back then. Why?

Rather, they are expecting people to respect and obey the law.

The BBC is a big organisation and BBC Scotland sport is a tiny outpost. Instead of just telling the goons to 'piss off' it would be better if a Bear could co-operate with the process and take it all the way to court and air publicly their grievance against the Corporation.

The BBC is fearful of bad publicity.
You ruined a decent post with your first sentence though didn't you?
They expect people to obey the law by telling them they have the right to unlawfully enter your house?
Entry by deception is hardly lawful.

You ruined a decent post with your first sentence though didn't you?
They expect people to obey the law by telling them they have the right to unlawfully enter your house?
Entry by deception is hardly lawful.
I don't think they do say that.

The goons are employed by Capita and they have to caution you that you don't have to answer their questions and you don't have to co-operate with their request to enter your house. If they are deceiving people then that is unlawful but that's another matter.

I'm not a fan of the TV licence as it stands - I'd scrap it and make it a subscription service - but at the moment it's a legal requirement and I respect that, however unwillingly.

The goons are employed by Capita and they have to caution you that you don't have to answer their questions and you don't have to co-operate with their request to enter your house. If they are deceiving people then that is unlawful but that's another matter.

I'm not a fan of the TV licence as it stands - I'd scrap it and make it a subscription service - but at the moment it's a legal requirement and I respect that, however unwillingly.
I respect your right to do that.
It's why we'll always be fighting an uphill battle though. With the BBC, as we won't fight back.
With the SNP, because we won't fight back and indeed many bears will still vote for them.
You only need to look at the paper today to see what Celtic fans put Beaton through because they lost a game to see we will get absolutely nothing from refs again this year, because it's just easier for their life in general to give us nothing under 65-35..

I'm not suggesting we hound people in their private life. But if they are cheating then something has to be done.

If the BBC break their charter, and the legitimacy and legality of the fee is based around a charter of impartiality, its safe to say its not illegal to inform them you won't be paying until they fulfill their end of the contract, and invite them to take legal action.

I've no issue with anyone who wants to pay their license fee, as much as I think it's detrimental to me as a person and to my club, but I'm at a loss as to why anyone would come on here and encourage bears to think again and keep paying or return to paying.

You only need to pay for a TV license if you watch live any TV on any platform if you don't watch live TV then you don't need one.

That's what I said. I'm saying it's mental to think you're essentially forced by law to enter into a pseudo subscription with a service you might not even want. Sky don't show up at your door demanding money because you watch ITV4 do they.

Never once have I encountered a capita agent who has downplayed the power he has but rather overplayed it. I had one actually try to give me a police caution a few years back. "Anything you say can and will blah blah" The whole nine. Just laughed at him but you hate to think how an old dear would react to that shite.

I respect your right to do that.
It's why we'll always be fighting an uphill battle though. With the BBC, as we won't fight back.
With the SNP, because we won't fight back and indeed many bears will still vote for them.
You only need to look at the paper today to see what Celtic fans put Beaton through because they lost a game to see we will get absolutely nothing from refs again this year, because it's just easier for their life in general to give us nothing under 65-35..

I'm not suggesting we hound people in their private life. But if they are cheating then something has to be done.

If the BBC break their charter, and the legitimacy and legality of the fee is based around a charter of impartiality, its safe to say its not illegal to inform them you won't be paying until they fulfill their end of the contract, and invite them to take legal action.

I've no issue with anyone who wants to pay their license fee, as much as I think it's detrimental to me as a person and to my club, but I'm at a loss as to why anyone would come on here and encourage bears to think again and keep paying or return to paying.

Superb post. This thread isnt about saving money or encouraging people to break the law. Its about highlighting the bias at the BBC. If you're thinking of stopping paying, make sure they know why.

Exactly. Seven people paying for the services that seven people use. That's the way it should be. The size of the house is irrelevant. Its the number of people using the services and voting for the services that count.

The problem is many people want lots of services but want someone else to pay. Using your example each of the seven in your household paid less than 50p per week. My curent 'rates' bill for a 2 bed flat costs me and my wife £20 per week each. We dont use more services but have to pay 40 times more than you did back then. Why?

They didn't / don't empty our bins any more than once.
We didn't get x 7 Police services ,
1 fire engine would put out any fire at my dad's.
Many houses going into Bolton would need 4 engines such is the size of them

The Poll tax was a joke back then.

I'm worst off than you now - Near £30 :)

Anyhow brother let's get back to non-payment of the TV shite ;)

They didn't / don't empty our bins any more than once.
We didn't get x 7 Police services ,
1 fire engine would put out any fire at my dad's.
Many houses going into Bolton would need 4 engines such is the size of them

The Poll tax was a joke back then.

I'm worst off than you now - Near £30 :)

Anyhow brother let's get back to non-payment of the TV shite ;)

The Council Tax/Poll Tax/Rates pays for many many services more than you've highlighted and the problem with a property tax is it doesn't take into account the number of people using the services. You end up with people voting to elect councillors who pledge to spend loads of money that they know they wont pay for. It leads to a lack of accountability.

Lets just agree to disagree on that. As you say this is about the BBC.

FB - Active Resistance to the TV license
Hi everyone!, hope your all having a great day, wherever you are in country/world.

Due to a huge, influx of new members. We are, at the moment, swamped with tons of messages. it is hard, for us, to answer, the most important inquiries.

PLEASE READ THE INFO BELOW BEFORE SENDING US A PM!!

TO CANCEL YOUR TV LICENCE

1. Contact Tvl, inform them, that you no longer require a licence. (they will push you for a reason but there is NO requirement to go further than this, Be persistent). You can also do this online see below for the link and phone numbers.

2. Wait for, the barrage of threat letters. Any letters you get sent from TV LICENSING, put these into the bin, as they are computer generated, you and millions of others receive these letters daily

IF THEY VISIT

1. Always ask any stranger at your door, who they are. If they do, or do not state, who they are, simply say, "NOT INTERESTED" and close your door. Do not sign any PAPERWORK. As this is your way forward to a court hearing and a fine if you do sign.There is NO legal or lawful obligation to speak to these people. Keep the interaction with any stranger as short as possible.

LETTERS WITH YOUR NAME ON IT

If you are, receiving threat letters, with your name on them, or the letters were addressed to to the legal occupier, but now have your name on them. Throw them in the bin. It does not matter if they have your name, as they can acquire your name through 3rd party services. What they solely rely on is a signature that they will try to get from you when they visit. That is why it is important that you do not sign any PAPERWORK!.

SEARCH WARRANTS

TVL, have been known, to apply for SEARCH WARRANTS. 90% of the time, they will get refused by a judge. To avoid being, on the butt end, of one, of these rare WARRANTS, it is important that you do not send, their letters back to them especially, with insulting messages written on them. Do not remove, their visit rights, just simply turn strangers away from your door. People, like to send TVL a removal of rights letter, Any letters you send to TVL, will be stored away for future evidence and this coupled with the visits will strengthen there case when they do apply for a warrant. This also includes insulting them if they visit, it is all recorded.

DO NOT WORRY about the POLICE. They do not enforce the licence fee. They only attend the execution of a VERY RARE search warrant to PREVENT A BREACH OF THE PEACE.

IF YOU HAVE SKY/VIRGIN ETC

Your contracts, are secure and TVL, cannot obtain info from them. This will breach your contract, with these providers. Not good on their behalf.

CAN THEY TAKE YOU TO COURT WITH YOUR NAME

No they cannot, what they need, is a signature, on a form to do this.

MYTH BUSTING

TV detector vans do not exist, these are a placebo, to keep you paying, for your license. BBC have no way of knowing what you watch on tv. If they knew then these goons would never need to visit your home. Food for thought!.

HANDHELD DEVICES!... These are not TV detecting equipment. They are PDA'S that tell the person who lives at the address and shows them, as having no license, that is it. Goons have been known to tell people that their PDA'S detect TV equipment, absolute lies.

Do they know, i am watching TV, when i switch it on. Simply NO!.

TVL detection equipment has NEVER EVER EVER been used as evidence in a court room. A common myth to intimidate people into paying.

TAKE NOTE********

Anyone on the payment scheme, MUST also cancel, this scheme. This is a contract,with tvl, Make sure you are in front with payments first, before you cancel, this also applies to DD. Never cancel your DD, as this does not cancel, your license and will only put you further into debt. It is important, that you cancel your, license first then the DD. If on the other hand you buy the license outright then let it run it's course and have no contact after.

Always remember we are hear to help you all and should you not want to speak up on the page message us anytime with any problems you have about capita or tvl we will get back to you usually within 24 hrs depending on current message times

IF YOU GET A SUMMONS CONTACT US STRAIGHT AWAY
Enjoy your day

Admin team

CONTACTS FOR TVL

Phone. 0300 790 6165

That's what I said. I'm saying it's mental to think you're essentially forced by law to enter into a pseudo subscription with a service you might not even want. Sky don't show up at your door demanding money because you watch ITV4 do they.

Sky aren’t a public service broadcaster, that’s why.

If someone doesn't want to pay their licence yet watch BBC that's up to them. Personally, I pay mine as BBC is much more than Scotland. In my view, coming on here and telling others how to avoid paying their licence fee, whilst using the service is no different from posting links to illegal streams. Just sayin'.

I listen to BBC radio most days and have recently watched the documentary on the origins of the BSE scandal...8 days to the moon and back...Serengeti...Simon Reeve travel docs and much more.

All for £154 a year and as far as I am concerned it’s a good deal.

As the above post says, the BBC is more than just Scotland and listening to Chris McLaughlin bumping his gums.

Back