Stop funding anti-Rangers hatred - Cancel your TV license - 20/6/19 Update - Possible refunds to be had

Good point OP
Not wanting to go off topic thread - but I'd also like to stop funding the state sponsored sectarianism that faith schools perpetuate

Got another "we're coming to visit you" letter today. They can visit me if they want, I answer the door to no cunts.
I don't remember the last time I watched The BBC. I have Virgin and occasionally watch that (only have virgin for the broadband tbh) I very rarely watch the telly. I'm genuinely unsure if I actually need a license.

Got another "we're coming to visit you" letter today. They can visit me if they want, I answer the door to no cunts.
I don't remember the last time I watched The BBC. I have Virgin and occasionally watch that (only have virgin for the broadband tbh) I very rarely watch the telly. I'm genuinely unsure if I actually need a license.
If you don't watch live TV or use iplayer then you don't need a license.

If you have VM tv box and is attatched to the feed then yes you need a license as your in receipt of the signal.

They're always quick to emphasise the reasons you need a license but never state the criteria for not requiring one.

It's the same when you phone them up to get peace for another 18 months/2 years...….right from the off the options take you through the payment methods with a little threat about breaking the law blah.

Eventually you get to where they don't want you to go...….to tell them you don't require a license which I absolutely love doing.One of them actually said to me I haven't had a license for an extended period of time and is that situation is likely to continue.

I gleefully told him I had no plans to buy a telly but if I did I would let them know.

The BBC in general is not fit for purpose and its days are numbered as it stands. Being an OAP I don’t pay but will be expect to next year.
A tsunami is heading its way as I and millions of others will refuse to pay.
I’m prepared to go to court and jail if
necessary. Bring it on. In the meantime
if a test case arises I would willingly contribute.

If you have VM tv box and is attatched to the feed then yes you need a license as your in receipt of the signal.

Is that true?

What if I have Sky connected to my TV but only use it to watch shows On Demand or via Box Sets?

As far as I’m aware, if they can’t prove I’m watching or recording live TV or using iPlayer, then they can’t prove I need a licence.

And I won’t be letting the cunts in!

Is that true?

What if I have Sky connected to my TV but only use it to watch shows On Demand or via Box Sets?

As far as I’m aware, if they can’t prove I’m watching or recording live TV or using iPlayer, then they can’t prove I need a licence.

Well done mate and don't worry about it. Never mention your name and never let them in just light a cigar with all the enforcement pish letters that appear through your letterbox.

Cancelled ours last month. Me and the wife bought a new Bluetooth CD player with cracking speakers to replace the telly. No more mind numbing shite and bad news on the box and it gets those paedo harbouring bastards off our backs with their weekly threats of court.

Is that true?

Good on you cancelling.

As to the best of my knowledge if your in receipt of a live signal your eligible to pay for a license.

So for an example and yes i know its an out dated one is

If you had an old black n white license but had a video. Then you had to pay for a colour license as the video recorded from the aerial and not your tv so your video received the signal which would be a colour signal.

Now in your case if you have a device hooked up which receives the live signal or capable of receiving it then i guess you would need to pay.

Now dont take my word m8. Call them up, they will advise you of the correct position here without having to give details and tbh they have always been very honest and straight when i have called to ask questions regarding a tv license.

Things have changed considerably with technology the Internet a d smart devices etc. So best advice to anyone is to call and ask. There is a lot of people have the wrong information a d pass it on as gospel and i could include myself here as i am no expert but only speak from my own dealings with them.

Good on you cancelling.

As to the best of my knowledge if your in receipt of a live signal your eligible to pay for a license.

If you had an old black n white license but had a video. Then you had to pay for a colour license as the video recorded from the aerial and not your tv so your video received the signal which would be a colour signal.

Now in your case if you have a device hooked up which receives the live signal or capable of receiving it then i guess you would need to pay.

Now dont take my word m8. Call them up, they will advise you of the correct position here without having to give details and tbh they have always been very honest and straight when i have called to ask questions regarding a tv license.

No point calling them up, just give them nothing, simple.

Good on you cancelling.

Things have changed considerably with technology the Internet a d smart devices etc. So best advice to anyone is to call and ask. There is a lot of people have the wrong information a d pass it on as gospel and i could include myself here as i am no expert but only speak from my own dealings with them.

I've got Sky and watch live tv, don't watch BBC nor the I player haven't paid my license for 2 years, the goons from the enforcement team can kiss my hairy ass.

I've got Sky and watch live tv, don't watch BBC nor the I player haven't paid my license for 2 years, the goons from the enforcement team can kiss my hairy ass.
Brilliant, i not had a license for over 10 or so years.

But people need to realise its not just the bbc here. Just because you dnt watch bbc you dnt need a license. This is for all public service broadcasters not just the horrible bbc.

If you watch any live tv even on your phone bbc or not they state you still need one.

Good on you cancelling.

Going by this I should be fine:
https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/easy-read/why-you-need-a-tv-licence-ea25

Brilliant, i not had a license for over 10 or so years.

But people need to realise its not just the bbc here. Just because you dnt watch bbc you dnt need a license. This is for all public service broadcasters not just the horrible bbc.

If you watch any live tv even on your phone bbc or not they state you still need one.

I get that, until the goons gain entry and prove it they can do one. Not bothered nor concerned in the slightest. :))

:D

f8ZjZ3x.jpg

I agree m8 but people might want to be on the right side of the fence with this stuff.

The right side is; you don't need a licence. Call them up, they'll tell you what they want you to hear.
Go onto YouTube and select tv licencing. Their, you'll get the real story.

If sky can block any channel or turn off any channel why not have an option of deleting bbc?I watch very rarely anything on their channels to be honest.I could do without it easily.

I still have multiple TVs at home. There is absolutely no need for a licence for a TV itself. The licence is merely to view live content or watch iPlayer. My latest situation is that after not having a licence for nearly 8 years now initially bombarded every month with the laughable mailings. Since I wrote to them and advised I'd see them id see them in court re the discrimination I faced trying to access content about Rangers on the BBC i have not heard a peep. Not one letter or doorstepping because they are shit terrified of the consequences of losing that case. I've had it verified by my solicitor that I have a strong case that could be wrapped up in minutes and ultimately save all rangers fans hundreds of pounds because of the clear discrimination suffered.

Oi! You lot!

Just to add to this thread. I meant to do so earlier but it totally slipped my mind.

A lot of people who are paying for their TV license are actually paying towards next year's license at the same time. After we cancelled my wife realised this a couple of weeks later so I got her to call up and, yep, we'd paid £90 OVER what we should've paid and we're to fill in a form and send it away to have the money refunded to us.

They won't tell you that when you cancel so please ask. It's a handy wee bung from people who have been ripping us off for years to throw money at a bunch of Rangers-hating bastards.

Good thread, although a lot of confused messages on this subject, so i'll pipe in and clear it up.

If you are using a television or any other device to watch programs as they are broadcast from any platform or using the BBC iplayer service, you need a tv licence. Period.

It isn't restricted to just BBC content. So using the I don't watch BBC line isn't going to wash.

If you go licence free and are stupid enough to let the tv licence goons in your property and you have a sky/virgin box set up onto your tv, they are going to sting you. If they can get a live broadcast on your tv through these platforms that's a win for them.

You are under no legal requirement to inform them you do not need a licence. If you choose not to pay for a tv licence, do not engage with them in any way. Just ignore their letters and shut the door on them without saying a word. Their job is to gather evidence you are breaking the law, they can't do that if you do not engage.

Are they allowed to look through windows to gather evidence ?
My front doors next to my living room window and the tv easily seen

Are they allowed to look through windows to gather evidence ?
My front doors next to my living room window and the tv easily seen
Yes.

And I fully believe that they are twisted enough to take a photo, send it back to Capita and reference what is on the telly at the time.

They're snakes.

I've got a cable box sitting in a drawer that Virgin didn't want to pick up but it's not plugged in. Not got an aerial though.

Oi! You lot!

Just to add to this thread. I meant to do so earlier but it totally slipped my mind.

A lot of people who are paying for their TV license are actually paying towards next year's license at the same time. After we cancelled my wife realised this a couple of weeks later so I got her to call up and, yep, we'd paid £90 OVER what we should've paid and we're to fill in a form and send it away to have the money refunded to us.

They won't tell you that when you cancel so please ask. It's a handy wee bung from people who have been ripping us off for years to throw money at a bunch of Rangers-hating bastards.

Posted my refund form today as I was paid up until the end of the year.

Every little helps!

Just called them on 0300 790 6129 and informed them that I would not be watching any BBC programmes as they are boycotting Rangers FC and I am boycotting them.

I explained the situation regarding Chris McLaughlin reporting unfairly on our club and despite being warned not to he conti ued to report negatively.

I told them the BBC is in breach of its charter as they are.not being objective.

The outcome is my licence is cancelled and I will not be receiving any more letters.

Get calling bears.

Just don't pay it, ignore their letters and if anybody comes to your door tell them to piss off, they have absolutely no power of entry. They play on people's ignorance of the law!
Rather, they are expecting people to respect and obey the law.

The BBC is a big organisation and BBC Scotland sport is a tiny outpost. Instead of just telling the goons to 'piss off' it would be better if a Bear could co-operate with the process and take it all the way to court and air publicly their grievance against the Corporation.

The BBC is fearful of bad publicity.

If someone doesn't want to pay their licence yet watch BBC that's up to them. Personally, I pay mine as BBC is much more than Scotland. In my view, coming on here and telling others how to avoid paying their licence fee, whilst using the service is no different from posting links to illegal streams. Just sayin'.

Not had a tv licence in about 17 yrs never had anyone out to the door had plenty letters saying they are investigating and letters saying will you be in on such n such a date lol. Aye right and i think ive had about 200 final warning or they will come out letters all get ripped up and put in the bin f*** the BBC they will be getting heehaw from me

Back