Stop the clock

Masonboyne

Not going to blame referee for result. I will critic his decisions on cards and added time. They score in 89 mins. Celebrate as you would expect. 4 mins added but close to 91 when we start and ref blows just a tad before 4 mins is up. Disgusting. Change the game, stop the clock at free kicks, injuries, and goals. As was floated a while back 2 full 30 min halves or leave at 45 but STOP THE CLOCK. Time wasting stopped and more time to play the game and score/win for any team. I was well pissed today (the result not withstanding)

Not against stopping the clock, would mean more fitbaw played. But until then, we need to get our players, management and staff, to start putting way more pressure on officials, get in their ear, be a pain the arse when opposition teams do what they do, cos we don’t remind the refs enough.

Don bhoy did his job as usual . Not the reason we dropped Points but an absolutely fcucking woeful display from that rat once again.
Persistent fouling from hearts players going unpunished for most of the game. First foul from one of our players he couldn't wait to get the card out. Also numerous clear cut fouls on our players not given.
4 minutes added and barisic is about to whip the ball into a packed box for what would have been one last chance for a goal and that fcucking bheast couldn't wait to blow his whistle. In fact I'm sure he called it with seven seconds still left to play.
Hilarious considering one of our previous matches six minutes were added on when we were one goal ahead and almost 8 was played to allow the opposition more time to score.

We wasted so many chances and made gordon look like an international keeper when he should be living in Shaggers shadow. Clinical finishing sees us skoosh today, so many chances wasted.

It's not unusual for less than an hour to be played in a 90 minute game. I would stop the clock and play 2 x 30 mins. We'll soon see an end to time-wasting and faking injury if there's no advantage to it.

Same just happened in the Chelsea game. 86 mins, Mendy goes down for close to 3 minutes. 90 mins hits, 4 mins added. 92 mins, James goes down for 2 mins. Ref blows at 95 mins.

It’s poor management from the referees, and if they can’t be trusted to stop the clock properly, then someone needs to be assigned the duty.

Don Robertson couldn’t wait to blow up for full time today either, which doesn’t help matters.

Not going to blame referee for result. I will critic his decisions on cards and added time. They score in 89 mins. Celebrate as you would expect. 4 mins added but close to 91 when we start and ref blows just a tad before 4 mins is up. Disgusting. Change the game, stop the clock at free kicks, injuries, and goals. As was floated a while back 2 full 30 min halves or leave at 45 but STOP THE CLOCK. Time wasting stopped and more time to play the game and score/win for any team. I was well pissed today (the result not withstanding)
If they were in an attacking position as we were he would have let the play go on until they lost possession and that is a fact.

We didn't look like scoring after they scored anyway, so hardly matters ffs.

Same just happened in the Chelsea game. 86 mins, Mendy goes down for close to 3 minutes. 90 mins hits, 4 mins added. 92 mins, James goes down for 2 mins. Ref blows at 95 mins.

It’s poor management from the referees, and if they can’t be trusted to stop the clock properly, then someone needs to be assigned the duty.

Don Robertson couldn’t wait to blow up for full time today either, which doesn’t help matters.
Had Chelsea, but ended up shouting for Brentford.

At the end of the day it's the punter that's being short changed. The paying punter and the betting punter. The fitter team is also being short changed.

Betting punters on both 1-1 and 2-0, anytime scorers, corners etc, etc. Some say football betting is bigger than racehorse betting.

When you have a ludicrous offside rule where the linesman puts his flag up after hitting the snooze button, and offside decisions based on body parts and ear hairs. You would think a simple stop the clock buttons for injuries, cramp and similar could be looked at.

We were casually passing it about anyway would never have scored even if he played 20 mins added on

Robertson will take any opportunity to stop us winning, dodgy fouls for and against, takes ages over stoppages, ignores blatant fouls and time wasting, has the cheek to hurry up our keeper after 80 mins of time wasting by Hearts. However, despite him, we lost 2 points by a spineless, negative and lazy 2nd half performance.

I know what the OP is saying, but we should have been AT LEAST 2 clear! The failing to achieve 3 points today is solely the fault of our strikers.

Was fucking raging when the lady's front bottom blew early. It's not like missing a foul, or a bad tackle, or even a discrepancy in the interpreting of the rules. It's a measurable fact, time, it's on his fucking watch and we were denied the advantage of a final attack that may or may not have amounted to anything.

Even if it had went to the full 94, with a ball about to be swung in like that it should be played.

Noticed that as well mate, game kicked back off about 91:00 and finished at 93:55 so we got less than 3 minutes instead of 4 while barasic was about to cross into a loaded box. I couldn’t believe it at the time.
Definately should’ve let that attack play out

I think he blew three seconds early, but still early as we were about to put the ball in, probably from our most dangerous crosser. He knew exactly what he was doing. Contrast that with Stuart Atwell at Everton today, playing an extra 45 seconds to let them finish their attack, then letting them take the corner too. I wonder how many other matches Don has stopped a few seconds early this season? Still not the reason why we spilled points.

Are we going to have a thread on this topic after every game??

maybe mods should just make it a sticky

Last edited:
If we'd been more clinical in front off goal.

Fcuk Dhon, who is useless!

Excellent post sir.

It should i think be timed like Rugby League where they have official timekeepers. The Referee only blows time on and off and they stop and start the clock.

I have noticed referees letting other teams finish their attacks against us and going over the time added on, and referees that can't wait to blow for full time when we are on the attack. Can't think back to the games this season, but it has happened a few times.
A simple change in the rules to assist and take some pressure off the referee here would be that each half ends only when the ball goes out of play after time up.
As in rugby.

Back