Strachan & McGhee Sacked

Outwith Scotland what about Chris Coleman? Looks like he will chuck it with Wales.

Less than zero chance of that happening. He’s wanting back into club football, not necessarily in the UK. If nothing interesting crops up he’ll stay with Wales.

The thing about McInness is that he is still young and probably still has ambitions of a decent club pos. The chances are that if he is appointed and had any tiny success he'd likely be snapped up by a club . On the other hand Big Eck would probably at this stage be content to play out his managerial career with Scotland (oh, and he is out of work).

Moyes is most likely candidate, but on pure ability it should be Sam Allardyce and it's not as far-fetched as some might think.
McInnes - not a chance in hell as the SFA would have to pay compo to the sheep.
McKay - no cos he's only just back in the game, I certainly would have to think before I went to see Scotland managed by that guy.
Souness/Jordan etc - too old now. The game has changed since they were involved at the sharp end (particularly Souness).

My bet ? Dunno but it's odds on the new guy will have a strong connection to the beasts.

Wait until the new year to see who is available. If we can get Michael O'Neill he's a stick on. If not, Eck has our best record in recent memory and sounds like he would want the job

Strachan had 2 bites at the cherry, but he only has himself to blame, his team selections were bizarre at the start of the campaign. However the walking disaster that Regan is should also fall under the sword. could you imagine him still being in a job if he worked with the English FA.

Not fussed either way who gets the job, its a tough gig.

If Norn Iron fail in the play-offs, the SFA - if they have any sense - should go for Michael O'Neill.

He ticks ALL the boxes:
Maximising a limited pool of above average and largely unknown players; a winning mentality; solid defensively; knows how to reach big tournaments; an expert knowledge of Scottish football; lives in Scotland.

The only sticking point might be the £750,000 compensation.

Norn Iron will be left with an ageing squad if they don't make the WC. Therefore, it's not going to get much better for O'Neill, and his stock would still be high and attractive to Scotland who can pay a bigger salary than their IFA counterparts.

O'Neill, I'm certain, would take the job if it was offered. But it depends on the outcome of the playoffs.

He'd be, without doubt, the correct choice too.

H

He said he's only come back as an international manager.

He won't get England again. Or any big nation. Why not Scotland? Money aside
Think he would be worth a try. Not sure he would get the all important Lliewell sanction, bit would be totally impartial and might be a breath of fresh air in the stinking corridors of the SFA.

If Norn Iron fail in the play-offs, the SFA - if they have any sense - should go for Michael O'Neill.

He ticks ALL the boxes:
Maximising a limited pool of above average and largely unknown players; a winning mentality; solid defensively; knows how to reach big tournaments; an expert knowledge of Scottish football; lives in Scotland.

The only sticking point might be the £750,000 compensation.

Norn Iron will be left with an ageing squad if they don't make the WC. Therefore, it's not going to get much better for O'Neill, and his stock would still be high and attractive to Scotland who can pay a bigger salary than their IFA counterparts.

O'Neill, I'm certain, would take the job if it was offered. But it depends on the outcome of the playoffs.

He'd be, without doubt, the correct choice too.

Certain he’d take the job? Dream on mate. The Scotland job will be miles down on his list, probably not even on his list of desirable propositions, after Northern Ireland.

Any championship club in England will be preferable to a sideways (if that) move at international level. From Jonny Evans to Christophe Berra? Steve Davis to Broonaldo? Laughable.

You can only be solid defensively if you have some half decent centre backs!

Last edited:
If moyes gets it I wonder if Steven naismith
comes back to the frame

Personally I wouldn't want a manager picking favourites - we had enough of that with strapon

Moyes I actually wouldn't mind - big sam would be great , Mackay would be an absolute disaster

Knowing lawwells puppets I would not be surprised if it was Neil Lennon's side

That's who i genuinely think will end up very very close to the job. It won't be long until his name is thrown into the mix and the cheer leading begins.

I'm quite surprised this hasn't been posted yet... fud!

nintchdbpict000302148751.jpg

This Big Sam chat, do we really think a guy who fucked up by his own admission his dream job, because £3 mil quid a year didn't feel like quite enough money, is going to come up here with our hopeless squad for less than a third of that?

the s.f.a will move lock,stock and barrel to parkhead after they leave hampden. and saint Brendan will take on a dual role of manager of both the scum and Scotland. and lord peter will be the happiest man in the kingdom. a load of shit but nothing surprises me in is shithole of a country anymore at was once great.

Nex Manager?

David Moyes
Malky Mackay
Sam Allardyce
Paul Lambert
Alex McLeish
Ally Mccoist

I'd go for Sam Allardyce

Totally forgot about Paul Lambert - There's another Celtic connection

Who has he recently been managing?

Nex Manager?
Hy
David Moyes
Malky Mackay
Sam Allardyce
Paul Lambert
Alex McLeish
Ally Mccoist

I'd go for Sam Allardyce
. Why go for losers there has to be winners out there in Europe. Sick of Scotland employing losers

McKay would be a dreadful appointment, possibly worse than Strachan. Not sure Moyes would be any good either actually. McLeish for me would be good.

Only thing I can remember about Mackay is that hes a mad racist, was he a decent manager before outed as hating everybody?

Although I am glad these two clowns have gone, I really don't care who gets it as I won't be watching them in the short term. The only thing that would tempt me back was if quite a few of our players were in the side and even then it would only be if I had nothing better to do

Couple of fannies. Should have been sacked after the Euro Qualification disgrace.

My vote goes for Tommy Wright :rolleyes:

Does not matter who takes over, same old same old! The SFA and Scottish football as a whole have learned nothing since the late 70's hence the demise!

I hope it's McLeish.
He could maybe start getting more of our fanbase on side by calling up a few of our lads.

He wouldnt be as daft as chesney

Back