Strange marketing choice by JD Sports supporting celtc.

JD at silverburn has also removed their scum fear, no green and grey to be seen there, not that I’ll ever shop there in the foreseeable.

20201019-112009.jpg

Nah, not for me thank you.
Faker than a fake thing.

Sinclair and biscuit hips are in that.

First pair of trainers bought from Foot Locker.

Hopefully they don’t have an official opinion one way or the other on ‘Derby Day’

Who in their right mind at JD thought that would be a good idea? Same goes if they had linked with us.
Sporting equivalent of the Yes Bar.

Obviously one of the obsessed in the marketing dept. Getting the message across trancends everything even commercial suicide.

Wasn’t aware of this. Giving out Celtc bags! Fuxsake. They always had a good supply of our kits previously and were bitter rivals with Ashley. Will be going elsewhere. Don’t understand anyone who gives it the staunch pish, why would you engage with any retailer or brand that openly support them?

They gie the Tims money and sell their strips in their shops, magners gie the tims money and they sponsor them.

I drink strongbow and jd sports can take a long drop fae a high cliff.

Done with them as well now so that’s JD and SD on my no go list but does leave shopping for sportswear and trainers a pain as there is literally nowhere else to go for them anywhere in Fife.

I personally don’t see this as strange as they have signed a deal to partner Celtic same as we did with JJB or SD I’m sure it pissed them off

That's fair enough. It will put off a lot of Rangers fans from stepping through their door though.

I dunno if they will care, are we really talking about significant numbers here? This isn't 'news' after all mate, they were announced as the Beggars retail partner ages ago and most of the folk on this thread that give enough of a %^*& appear to have just found out now.

Fair enough, don't shop there if you feel that strongly about it (I don't anyway) but a few hundred people on the internet deciding to spend their £50-£100 a year elsewhere isnt going to make much of a dent in a company that has profits of over £200m a year is it? Let's be honest, when it comes to mass produced shite like that folk will go to the place where it's either available or cheapest. There are still Bears shopping in Sports Direct ffs.

JD in bed with a paedo harbouring club and terrorist supporting fans, silly silly JD Sports, now won't spend a penny in their shops or online, I used to do both. Not anymore and I'll be spreading the word far and wide.

I dunno if they will care, are we really talking about significant numbers here? This isn't 'news' after all mate, they were announced as the Beggars retail partner ages ago and most of the folk on this thread that give enough of a %^*& appear to have just found out now.

Fair enough, don't shop there if you feel that strongly about it (I don't anyway) but a few hundred people on the internet deciding to spend their £50-£100 a year elsewhere isnt going to make much of a dent in a company that has profits of over £200m a year is it? Let's be honest, when it comes to mass produced shite like that folk will go to the place where it's either available or cheapest. There are still Bears shopping in Sports Direct ffs.
At the end of the day it's down to choice. They've just made the choice easier.
However, probably won't mean anything to them. Having said that, every penny counts during this pandemic

At the end of the day it's down to choice. They've just made the choice easier.
However, probably won't mean anything to them. Having said that, every penny counts during this pandemic

Aye of course, I was more making a point at some of the daft posts on this thread. You'd think they were going to lose half their customers over this, the way some are going on.

Fair doos. Buy from a shop that tweets Derby day, COME ON CELTIC, or one that sells the same thing, at the same price, that doesn’t.

I’m not saying anything in support of JD all I’m saying is I’m sure our sponsors tweet similar and I’m sure it will piss off the Celtic fans in the same way as this JD tweet has pissed us off.

I’m sure folks were saying don’t buy Adidas after Celtic singed that deal and the same would have been true of Celtic fans back when we signed a deal with Adidas

Or folks stopped drinking mcewans lager fir being Rangers beer or magners for being Celtic cider

JD in bed with a paedo harbouring club and terrorist supporting fans, silly silly JD Sports, now won't spend a penny in their shops or online, I used to do both. Not anymore and I'll be spreading the word far and wide.

So are Adidas so have you thrown out your Adidas stuff?

What about if we ditch castore for Adidas will you be boycotting because they got into bed with Celtic

So are Adidas so have you thrown out your Adidas stuff?

What about if we ditch castore for Adidas will you be boycotting because they got into bed with Celtic
Dont wear Adidas only because I dont like their gear. Why would any Rangers fan buy anything from JD when they are pumping money into the filth and promoting them at every opportunity? You only need to go to another sports shop or online and still get what you want. You keep putting money their way if you wish. I dont. Simples

Have you seen how their shops look now?? Celtic front and centre right as you walk in the door and their window displays make it look more like an official scum outlet than a sports shop. Very offputting even to any neutral.

I would be very surprised if many bears shopped in there recently tbh.

BTW I am not knocking them for doing what they think is best but there's ways to go about retail partnerships and the path they have chosen here almost certainly wasn't going to see business booming. The tweet likely just highlighted what they have chosen to become.

Back in the 80's CR Smith sponsored both of us which was good business sense for a company who are based in the West of Scotland. They probably got good trade out of the mentally challengeds with the amount of windows they had to replace after a defeat.
Two Celtic supporting brothers who went to a Catholic school in Dunfermline. They were smart enough to know that the business could not take sides.

I’m pretty sure there was a similar thread a month or so back and most of the posts were ‘who cares I’ll still shop there’.

probably the same sheep that want to dress like their hero’s si and slaney

I think I’m very level headed so this is my take on the situation.
They are in partnership with the manks so they will promote their gear- no issue that’s business.
They are official partner of that club so no issue with them sending a good luck tweet.
( we have received similar from 32 red)
It’s our choice as consumers to spend money where we like but where I do have issue is giving out their bags within the shops I for one would never accept or walk about with a bag associated to them, that’s where JD have made huge marketing mistake and have pi$$ed so many people’s off.
I shop mostly on line very rarely instore but I’d be annoyed as f*ck if they tried to give me one of their branded bags.

Don't see how hard it was just to tweet good luck to BOTH teams. But as they now say go WOKE, go BROKE.

Good examples just now are how Disney chopped up their woke social media team when the noticed that their profits were taking a tanking. Also an Uber like company in America said our values are non political and non woke, anyone who doesn't want to be part of it can now leave with our best wishes, about 30 of their staff out of 300 left. The ones that chose to stay agreed to follow the new mission statement that woke is broke.

Last edited:
Not really too different from our tie in with JJB

In saying that, I was in JD yesterday and can confirm I won’t be going in again. Thankfully didn’t buy anything.

I have a long memory when it comes to brands and loyalty.

Lloyds bank and any part of it’s group will never, ever see a penny from me. Adidas will get nothing while they fund the paedophile harbourers.

Sports Direct or any Ashley business is sine die and JD Sports will receive nothing either.

The power rests with the consumer now. Companies are desperate for your money, in order to survive. There are so many avenues to market, that we do not need to provide custom to businesses that turn a blind eye or to those who will not support Rangers.

Last edited:
My mate's old Da (78) was down at JDs Silverburn the other week giving them abuse with his Rangers face mask on.

A strange financial decision to noise up more than half of a possible customer base.
Fu.ck them!!
How strange! I mean it is obviously the staff that work in the Silverburn shop who decided on that Twitter advert and not some bigwig in an office at their headquarters, good on the old guy.... deary me! What a stupid old git.

Was in the Greenock one last week and could t see ANY Rangers gear, but the scum gear was on display right at the front of the shop.

Another example of the ‘no one likes us but we really do care’ mentality of a lot of posters on this thread and the forum.

JD selling mentally challenged gear and marketing it to mentally challengeds because they’ve got a deal with them, not exactly sure what people would expect.

Can’t imagine living my life being so uber staunch yet so easily annoyed at the stupidest of things.

Last edited:
Dont wear Adidas only because I dont like their gear. Why would any Rangers fan buy anything from JD when they are pumping money into the filth and promoting them at every opportunity? You only need to go to another sports shop or online and still get what you want. You keep putting money their way if you wish. I dont. Simples

Did you buy Nike gear when Celtic were making money from them?

Rangers and Celtic have had the same people putting money in at differing times over the years . I think you are at it to be fair pretending to be Uber staunch for the sake of sounding good on a forum.

Back