Kamara
Aribo

Jones
Ojo
Stewart

With Alfie out for games, keep defoe for the league

Strong team but give 2 or 3 squad players a chance. Edmundson, Jones & Stewart

The strongest team available.

They need to shake off the cobwebs and get sharper for the 2nd half of the season

Intae thum Rangers. Embarrass them so Scotland takes notice that the Gers are back
I wouldnt mind seeing a full strength team and beating them by 10 goals when you put it that way

I love a who should we start with thread, but it’s very difficult to guage given the winter break and the balance of getting players sharp while protecting some others possibly.

Times when the staff earn their wages and ours are doing unbelievably well up until now so I’m really not concerned- don’t know if that’s a good thing mind you.

Don’t think there will be too many changes. They’ll want the first team up to speed and ready for the first league game.

The only two who won’t play IMO is McGregor and Morelos as the gaffer will go strong to build momentum.

Fod
Tav Goldson Edmundson Barasic
Jack, Kamara Arfield
Kent Defoe Aribo

Use Subs: Stewart Paterson Jones

personally, I'd give minutes to a number of the 'bench' players - Jones, Edmundson, Stewart, Polster (or Patterson) and Defoe, all of which should prove too good for Stranraer. Then, if for whatever reason the game isn't going to plan, I'd bring on the starters.

Jones and Edmundson. We can only afford little tweaks. Imagine the uproar if Stranraer caused an upset due to being too complacent.

With us needing to win the league we don't get many chances to rotate and play squad players and youngsters, this is one of these chances and should be taken. At the very least Patterson should start and Tav on the bench.

All this nonsense about playing our best team and shaking the cobwebs off is amusing, not likely that guys who have played 30 odd games so far this season will have suddenly lost match fitness

I wouldnt play Morelos, Kent, Goldson,Davis or Barisic unless we absolutely had to. We have too many important games coming up to risk them against lower league hatchet men.

For Me
Foderingham
Tav Edmundson Katic Flannigan
Jack Arfield
Aribo Stewart Jones
Defoe

We would get kicked out of the cup if we did.

Same team that started at parkead. Not had a competitive game for a few weeks. Gain some match sharpness ahead of St Mirren. Bring on Jones, Patterson and Stewart for the last 25 or 30 mins

Strong as possible, possibly rest Defoe as Morelos is suspended for St. Mirren and Tynecastle.

No repeat of last season, thankfully - Cowdenbeath called off and straight back into a game at Rugby Park where we threw two players who were no where near match fit in from the start.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Kamara
Aribo Kent
Stewart
Jones to get a good bit of game time too.

The Atheltic reported yesterday that the team that started the Dubai friendly is understood to be the team that will start against Stranraer “give or take a change or two”

Match sharpness for St Mirren is key.

Strongest starting 11 as possible please.

Makes senses to ANYONE if you really really think about it, Shirley.

Give run-outs to the likes of Patterson when the game is all but won.

Strong as possible, possibly rest Defoe as Morelos is suspended for St. Mirren and Tynecastle.

No repeat of last season, thankfully - Cowdenbeath called off and straight back into a game at Rugby Park where we threw two players who were no where near match fit in from the start.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Kamara
Aribo Kent
Stewart
Jones to get a good bit of game time too.

The last thing Defoe needs is rested.

Back