Stranraer's reaction to the attendance last night

Good luck to them . Any supporter who goes to watch teams like Stranraer it’s sheer loyalty and nothing else as they don’t get any actual football entertainment in that division . Hope the money helps them along the way . I still think the number of senior clubs in this country is far too many .

Could have maybe added a wee “thank you to the Rangers support” given its our money they are celebrating
It’s their money they are celebrating, they are celebrating what they’re entitled to. If they’ve to thank anything maybe they can thank the luck of the draw in that they drew us at Ibrox and we turn out in numbers regardless of day, time and opposition!

It does make you wonder what happened to all the cash that made its way through the teams on our way through the leagues.

I mean, that wasn’t an insignificant injection to almost every club yet you couldn’t say the standard has improved across the board or there’s been a boost in the youth numbers etc.

Perhaps it’s more expensive to run a lower league team than I thought.

It does make you wonder what happened to all the cash that made its way through the teams on our way through the leagues.

I mean, that wasn’t an insignificant injection to almost every club yet you couldn’t say the standard has improved across the board or there’s been a boost in the youth numbers etc.

We never shared the gate money in league games and their grounds are only small.

It was an incredible attendance given the opposition, not on the season ticket and live on TV.

I hate bringing them into this thread, but if it was the beasts v Stranraer last night, their attendance would be about half of the number we got.

Few of them in the Louden as well, randomly some old guy was voice recording with his phone down by his side a few times. Dunno what he was all about.

Interestingly, spoke to one of their fans in the Louden post match and he said that their local Celtic SC ran a bus to the game. Absolutely ridiculous

Last edited:
Keep them ticking over for a couple of season's..great turn out by the Bears ..they also brought a support that would put a lot of premier league clubs to shame

You take a look at the Hamilton away support, and you can actually count them lucky if it’s 50/70, shocking.

I did a brief analysis on it going throug the divisions. Obviously there were additional costs for staffing, policing that I wasn’t privy too but just on attendance numbers alone, Queens Park averaged about 550 a game or 18*550= 9,900 per season. Their two home games versus Rangers pulled in 41,609. That’s just over four seasons revenue in two games not counting food sales, etc.

I think they squirrelled any extra gate money etc away in the bank to have some security rather than bidding for better players.
I don’t think many of the lower clubs hate us, far from it, there were many who thanked us and were grateful for the blue pound.
Good on Stranraer, they made more effort on and off the pitch than 90% of the spfl crowd.

Brilliant attendance last night & it was great to see the away section full. Well done Stranraer.

To be fair I've rarely seen the rest of Scottish football take a day off when it comes to all things Rangers. The vast majority celebrated our demise but will now gladly milk the blue pound out of us.

I agree with you mate but personally I would exclude Stranraer from the list of scum.

On the occasions I travelled to Stranraer to see Rangers on the journey back to the top, the locals seem to go out of their way to be friendly.

Now I get what you are saying about the blue pound but there was a genuine feeling of warmth from the locals and even their fans - the few who I spoke to - agreed we had been treated disgracefully.

As an aside my youngest played against them at youth level, always welcoming and put on a lovely spread after the game. Nice people. :):)

I agree with you mate but personally I would exclude Stranraer from the list of scum.

On the occasions I travelled to Stranraer to see Rangers on the journey back to the top, the locals seem to go out of their way to be friendly.

Now I get what you are saying about the blue pound but there was a genuine feeling of warmth from the locals and even their fans - the few who I spoke to - agreed we had been treated disgracefully.

My post was more a general point regarding Scottish football. I didn't make any reference to Stranraer FC or their support, and if as others have said, they were supportive of our position back then, well good luck to them.

In the league you keep your own gate receipts I believe whereas in the cup they get 40% of a 38.000 Ibrox crowd.

I would imagine deep down all the chairmen of the smaller sides are secretly praying for us or the scum away in the cup

I’m hazarding a guess but could be as much as £200,000 heading into their bank account on Monday with gate receipts and tv money for the tie combined .

That will help them a lot , fair play .

A near 40k crowd is going to give them a huge chunk of cash that'll probably mean they don't have to worry about money for the next season and a half or so. You see players celebrate when they get drawn away against a big team, but you can bet that the chairmen will have exactly the same thoughts.

Fair play, and for a long drive on a Friday night, they still brought more than most of our closer Premiership opponents. That away corner has been a farce all season.

A near 40k crowd is going to give them a huge chunk of cash that'll probably mean they don't have to worry about money for the next season and a half or so. You see players celebrate when they get drawn away against a big team, but you can bet that the chairmen will have exactly the same thoughts.

Fair play, and for a long drive on a Friday night, they still brought more than most of our closer Premiership opponents. That away corner has been a farce all season.

The most annoying thing about the corner is the whole block of seats between us and the opposition when there is almost zero chance of any trouble and yet, at the piggery there was only about half a dozen seats between our boys and the beasts. It’s a stupid waste of money

Back