Strict liability - will they bring it back on the agenda?

With the season about to start and people getting back into the stadia, I was remembering the fake video posted last season when they accused some of our players of sectarian comments etc..

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that had there been spectators at the games, the usual suspects would have followed up on their attempt to punish football clus for the behaviour of their supporters. Not least when the Hooped Horrors fell away and we went on to 55.

While I know how absurd this sounds and is, just look back what was done to us over the last decade - not least with regards to the football authorities. And if the SNP creeps keep it up, how`s the chances that the SFA and SPFL high-ups (more or less the same gang that was in place in 2012, who wipped up the "impartial" Compliance Officer et al) will follow suit? As one-sided as ever?

Maybe our support should take that into account, not least during the away matches.
It’s like the OBAF all over again, they think they are getting us when in actual fact it could be them that feels the brunt worst.

For a start our “folk” songs rarely mention the UVF so they would be fine whereas all of there’s mention the IRA which is illegal under the supporting terrorism law.

Definately not as cut and dry as they think

Reactions: SSR
It’s a ludicrous idea but you which set of fans will be pushing for it. The same fans who wanted *clubs punished and *fans jailed for discriminatory chants.
*By clubs and fans, I mean Rangers.

Let’s not forget that Celtc and their rancid support were the driving force behind this motion and got their wishes when a few Bears were jailed.
BUT!!! They then started crying and formed “FAC” (think it was called that) to fight against injustices against football **fans when said **fans were jailed for the same offence
**Celtc fans

Here is all the proof you need “FAC initially consisted of the 5 main Celtic supporters’ groups: The Green Brigade, The Celtic Trust, The Celtic Supporter’s Association, The Affiliation of Registered Celtic Supporters’ Clubs and The Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs. However, it was never intended that this be a Celtic supporters’ organisation...”

History will probably repeat itself and the instigators will be left on floods of tears again.

The more desperate they become the more this agenda will be pushed. George square reaction is no accident, this will become the agenda of the government. If they cant defeat is not he park they will use their influence if to do nothing else to discredit any achievement we make on the park.

Make no mistake they will try this to get points deducted. They have unchallenged political power at present, they will use that. We have no influence in the corridors of power at present. They wont be slack in exploiting that weakness, all they have left.

With the season about to start and people getting back into the stadia, I was remembering the fake video posted last season when they accused some of our players of sectarian comments etc..

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that had there been spectators at the games, the usual suspects would have followed up on their attempt to punish football clus for the behaviour of their supporters. Not least when the Hooped Horrors fell away and we went on to 55.

While I know how absurd this sounds and is, just look back what was done to us over the last decade - not least with regards to the football authorities. And if the SNP creeps keep it up, how`s the chances that the SFA and SPFL high-ups (more or less the same gang that was in place in 2012, who wipped up the "impartial" Compliance Officer et al) will follow suit? As one-sided as ever?

Maybe our support should take that into account, not least during the away matches.
They will need everything they can think of , not just referees & SL but it's a good start.

The offensive behaviour at football act bit the dust when they realised it worked both ways.
Could they really just apply strict liability to just one club.

I wish we had strict liability for politicians.

You know how they promise this, that, and the next thing. How they forget to bring important documents to committee hearings. How they just forget important information.

Say they'll apologise if proven wrong, but don't. Pre-judge investigations and prejudice their fellow citizens eg football players. Imply workers in bus companies are sectarian and racist.

Know of sexual abuse in their parliament and ignore it.

All of the above is within the responsibilty of politicians. They have control over these situations.

Yet some of them want to punish football clubs, for something largely outwith the control of the clubs.

Back