Strict liability - will they bring it back on the agenda?

Der Berliner

With the season about to start and people getting back into the stadia, I was remembering the fake video posted last season when they accused some of our players of sectarian comments etc..

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that had there been spectators at the games, the usual suspects would have followed up on their attempt to punish football clus for the behaviour of their supporters. Not least when the Hooped Horrors fell away and we went on to 55.

While I know how absurd this sounds and is, just look back what was done to us over the last decade - not least with regards to the football authorities. And if the SNP creeps keep it up, how`s the chances that the SFA and SPFL high-ups (more or less the same gang that was in place in 2012, who wipped up the "impartial" Compliance Officer et al) will follow suit? As one-sided as ever?

Maybe our support should take that into account, not least during the away matches.

Be surprised if it wasn't raised again. Would still expect the club's to vote against it. Recent events tend to suggest we'd never be out of court trying to prove our innocence

With the season about to start and people getting back into the stadia, I was remembering the fake video posted last season when they accused some of our players of sectarian comments etc..

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that had there been spectators at the games, the usual suspects would have followed up on their attempt to punish football clus for the behaviour of their supporters. Not least when the Hooped Horrors fell away and we went on to 55.

While I know how absurd this sounds and is, just look back what was done to us over the last decade - not least with regards to the football authorities. And if the SNP creeps keep it up, how`s the chances that the SFA and SPFL high-ups (more or less the same gang that was in place in 2012, who wipped up the "impartial" Compliance Officer et al) will follow suit? As one-sided as ever?

Maybe our support should take that into account, not least during the away matches.
Not when there is likely to be Sharknados at their dump this season

Ive already posted a number of times that our songbook will be target No 1 for Dornan, Findlay, Haggerty etc.

The club should be pro active on this and start to open up dialogue with fan groups. Get AGREEMENT on what can and cant be sung and do it now. Dont wait till its too late.

I heard Super Rangers being sung against Real Madrid. An easy fix is to change the 'offending' word to "cheating". Its so easy to do but the club needs to show leadership.

Just like my predictions re our celebrations I suspect we'll do nothing and walk straight into the trap.

I'd rather not come on here and be told how to support the team (especially away). I feel like I can make adult decisions and apply common sense without someone telling me to on a forum.

To answer your question, I think the incident set SL back quite a way.

Ive already posted a number of times that our songbook will be target No 1 for Dornan, Findlay, Haggerty etc.

The club should be pro active on this and start to open up dialogue with fan groups. Get AGREEMENT on what can and cant be sung and do it now. Dont wait till its too late.

I heard Super Rangers being sung against Real Madrid. An easy fix is to change the 'offending' word to "cheating". Its so easy to do but the club needs to show leadership.

Just like my predictions re our celebrations I suspect we'll do nothing and walk straight into the trap.
Unfortunately some will still sing the illicit lyrics mate

They also accused someone on our bench of shouting *** when St Johnstone equalized in the cup game so i doubt it matters with the offended support and they would make up lies on a daily basis.
Most clubs wont support it and neither should they

Oh I agree but add in the accusations of the worst anti-catholic and anti-Irish singing and chanting ever witnessed in Glasgow on trophy day without any evidence and I think SL is a dead duck.
It is, but this thread is about policing/changing fan behaviour regardless (for better or worse re. the merits of that).

If a video of our fans in the away end were to be edited (better than the wulliewanker one) to make it sound like we were singing something banned etc, how would you disprove that. I'm sure pro audio guys would be able to merge the audio files so it wouldn't be obvious.

Problem we have is the minority who will cause us bother and thus reflect on the club as a whole. I would like to see Rangers ban these idiots from Ibrox but not sure what we can do about the away games. I know the SNP and Media like to have a go any chance they get but we do have some who give them the ammunition they need to tar the whole support and club.
All clubs have the undesirables but we come off worse thanks to those who hate us.
Clean our act and do not give any reason for those to have a go at us. They will anyway but at least they can prove nothing other than try with fake stuff.

Nope it won't.

Just scumbags politicians playing to their base and trying to get their own bad news off the front pages.

SL will be completely binned the second the tramps start attacking their team busses again this season.

Strict liability also wont be anywhere on any Celtic supporting politicians mind until their various court cases are finalised

Yes it’ll definitely be spoken about. They’re sitting patiently waiting for our first game with fans. We’ll be kicked from pillar to post all season and there’ll be a campaign to have us out of Europe. If some fans don’t get clever very quickly we’re going to suffer.

They will with people on the forums highlighting it. Ahem.

Hopefully not.

Every away game they’d just need to play Neil diamond and we’d jump in foot first wi the add ons.

Hopefully not.

Every away game they’d just need to play Neil diamond and we’d jump in foot first wi the add ons.

I agree. However, the club can nip this in the bud through discussions with fans.

The example you give above is easily dealt with. Change the add on to "fifty five" for example. It wont happen however unless the club starts talking to the fans.

Yes it’ll definitely be spoken about. They’re sitting patiently waiting for our first game with fans. We’ll be kicked from pillar to post all season and there’ll be a campaign to have us out of Europe. If some fans don’t get clever very quickly we’re going to suffer.

They wont "get clever" without direct intervention. It just wont happen and we'll all suffer.

They wont "get clever" without direct intervention. It just wont happen and we'll all suffer.
I said the other day the club should really have had something started by now. This is a huge season for us in Europe and this is the biggest concern I have. Fingers crossed but after the years we’ve spent arguing over this you’d like to think we’d be past crossing our fingers and hoping.

I'd rather not come on here and be told how to support the team (especially away). I feel like I can make adult decisions and apply common sense without someone telling me to on a forum.

To answer your question, I think the incident set SL back quite a way.

Ive had a similar discussion on here before with a poster who said he didnt need to be told what to sing. That was before we had part of a stand closed for racist/sectarian singing.

Its not about telling people what to do. I feel the club needs to start talking to fans to get AGREEMENT.

Be surprised if it wasn't raised again. Would still expect the club's to vote against it. Recent events tend to suggest we'd never be out of court trying to prove our innocence

kinda suggests seeing as we're on top its time to cut out anything inside the stadium that would see us penalized home or away

James Dornans inability to keep his stupid mouth shut has surely stopped his chances of being the leader of this.

Absolute cretin of a man.

100% they will push for it again as a way to punish Rangers.

If we build up a comfortable lead I've no doubt that strict liability will become top of the agenda.

Given where we are and where the other lot are, we need to tread extra carefully this year. We can complain all we want, but the fact is our enemies, the SNP, are in charge, and they have the top brass at Police Scotland, and the Courts, in their pocket. After the tiktok video and the ‘anti Catholic’ lies, they have made their position very clear, in that they will twist and invent narratives against us with no hesitation.

This also applies to Europe, with the likes of FARE watching and waiting for us to slip up. The next stage may well be full stadium closure, which would be a disaster both commercially and for our reputation. Could you imagine the shame of having a game against Bayern Munich, AC Milan, or Barcelona having to be played behind closed doors, and the fans missing out on something like that, after the last 10 years? Sorry, but the ‘I’ll sing what I want” types don’t have a leg to stand on with this. If you are in a stadium and you mention the Pope or 19th Century terrorists then it is only gonna do the club harm. It might not be fair and balanced in terms of what the other lot get away with, but we have no choice.

Totally agree with the other posters who have said likewise, the club need to enter frequent direct dialogue with the supporters groups on this.

Strict liability cannot be introduced while Rangers and Rangers fans are held accountable for things that others get away with.

Celtic would get away with sectarianism from their fans while Rangers would face sanctions if someone complained about a song, for example. Can't be allowed to happen.

Strict liability cannot be introduced while Rangers and Rangers fans are held accountable for things that others get away with.

Celtic would get away with sectarianism from their fans while Rangers would face sanctions if someone complained about a song, for example. Can't be allowed to happen.

Have you not read the script?

Celtic fans sing cultural and political songs to celebrate and defend the poor downtrodden Irish Catholics that were forced to leave their homeland due to starvation caused by the British colonial Protestants.

Rangers fans sing triumphalist, vile, anti catholic sectarian and anti Irish racist songs celebrating the deaths of the starving and dispossessed diaspora.

Jeanette Findlay can explain it better than me.

Back