Striking position under Beale

Course it is, the team is pish at the moment, saying he has pretty much the highest ball recovery rate in that team
Is nothing to be proud of. His work rate isn’t good enough, end of.

And it sounds like you would be happy to waste £4m on this guy

Aye OK.

Hes an exceptionally talented young player, playing his first season in senior football. He has a lot to learn.

He has a style that clearly doesn't endear him to the blood and spotters brigade, but he certainly works hard in games.

There’s no bigger fan of Alfie than me however he has let himself and the fans down this season massively.

He looks like he needs to shed two stone which in todays game is an unacceptable disgrace. A firm manager wouldn’t it have had him near the match day squad the size he is.

If Beale can motivate Alfie to shed the weight then we might be onto something however it’s a big if.
Best for all parties if Alfie is moved on in January imo. Too many chances. His time is up.

Aye OK.

Hes an exceptionally talented young player, playing his first season in senior football. He has a lot to learn.

He has a style that clearly doesn't endear him to the blood and spotters brigade, but he certainly works hard in games.
So you’re spending the £4m on him?

There’s no bigger fan of Alfie than me however he has let himself and the fans down this season massively.

He looks like he needs to shed two stone which in todays game is an unacceptable disgrace. A firm manager wouldn’t it have had him near the match day squad the size he is.

If Beale can motivate Alfie to shed the weight then we might be onto something however it’s a big if.
No player at this level would be anywhere near the squad let alone starting champions league games if they were 2 stone overweight.

Whoever starts upfront will have far better service under Beale than Gios dire setup.

I think there’s a really good chance we might end up with a Scottish international striker depending on his price Tag as he can play the position perfectly for the way Beale wants too.
Dykes? maybe as back up
Colak will score more if he gets better players around him and better service

Last edited:
On the body of evidence so far, yes I likely would.

I think we probably already have the deal agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to play here long term though, given the caveman mentality to football.
Well all I can say is I’m glad you’re not in charge of our finances. It’s nothing to do with ‘caveman mentality’. Tillman is a stereotypical academy product. Lovely on the ball, great skill but lacking that something. we can ill afford to be risking £4m - £5m on a player like this

Well all I can say is I’m glad you’re not in charge of our finances. It’s nothing to do with ‘caveman mentality’. Tillman is a stereotypical academy product. Lovely on the ball, great skill but lacking that something. we can ill afford to be risking £4m - £5m on a player like this
What profile of player do you want us signing for that outlay?

Somebody that runs more but has a much lower ceiling in terms of ability?

We won't be signing the finished articles and our higher outlay will be on younger players with high potential resale.

Let's see how Tillman does in a more compact system when players are close to each other and the requirement to cover huge distances changing the ball isn't so high.

You can hang onto 2019 Morelos all you want, but it’s not happening.

‘Not interested’ and ‘needs to get fit’ - how are we still thinking this guy is our best striker?

He’s an embarrassment.

Agreed. Sick of seeing posts saying a fit and motivated Morelos is our best striker. I mean they're not wrong but he hasn't been either of those for at least a year, and it's mostly his own fault.

The obvious answer is to get Morelos fit.

1) We know he can do it.
2) He’s already here.

Colak can’t perform that job, and who knows if we can recruit someone for it within budget.

Won’t be a popular suggestion though because most people seem to have made up their mind on Alf.

It can't be Morelos the guy is so unfit and struggling for form.
Feel exactly the same. Would be good for beale to lay down a marker early by giving colak that starting Jersey. Morelos needs to change his attitude an get fit

Agreed. Sick of seeing posts saying a fit and motivated Morelos is our best striker. I mean they're not wrong but he hasn't been either of those for at least a year, and it's mostly his own fault.
It’s massively embarrassing.

The idea that fans are sitting there hoping that Morelos getting fit, remaining fit and showing interest in playing for Rangers is somehow above and beyond. It’s almost like it’s an inconvenience to him.

I can’t wait for the Morelos circus to be out of town.

Like with every managerial change some players who were not fancied under the previous manager will be regulars. Some players will improve, some players who started May struggle to get in the team.

I’m interested to see what happens with Sands, Tillman, Ridvan even Matondo.

It’s easy to say these players aren’t good enough but if we play a certain system that suits the players some of them might surprise us.

I felt like this a little with Tillman. The guy is clearly a player but we need to find a way to support his strengths and compensate for his weaknesses.

This will be interesting to see. Roofe is never fit, Morelos hasn’t kicked his arse in months and doesn’t look remotely fit, Čolak is not a lone striker.

Beale has already complained about a lack of striking options at QPR and has tried a number of solutions - Dykes up on his own, a front three with the two wide men playing extremely narrow. He’s used Willock, Chair almost as a second striker. Played Roberts off the right and through the middle with Dykes.

Čolak
Kent Tillman
Barišić———————————-Tavernier
We’ll see a lot more of this. Full backs being asked to play higher up the park, wide men playing a bit further in and supporting the striker. Arfield in there behind Lundstram/Jack/Davis/Kamara. QPR get bodies into the box.

Yes, f*cking please!!

He's going to need money and a decent amount soon as Morelos will probably be away in January and we aren't paying £5m for Tilman either.

Probably looking at only having one first team striker and Roofe who's always injured after this season is finished which is dreadful planning.

He's going to need money and a decent amount soon as Morelos will probably be away in January and we aren't paying £5m for Tilman either.

Probably looking at only having one first team striker and Roofe who's always injured after this season is finished which is dreadful planning.
We are paying £4 million for Tillman.

I've watched him plenty.

He is a smart presser in the final third (see PSV away).

He might not look "busy" when played in midfield, but he wouldn't be asked to do that as the main striker. It's a different type of work rate.

What he's saying is he needs to employ the Arfield method of being a grafter: kick Scott Brown then spend two years square on to every opponent and strafe like a crab pointing at players as they run past you. That's graft, that's hard work.

‘Not interested’ and ‘needs to get fit’ - how are we still thinking this guy is our best striker?

He’s an embarrassment.
He's also out of contract in 6 months' time.

Absolutely zero sense in persevering with Morelos and trying to get him firing again.

Get him out the door in Jan.

Reactions: nm1
Morelos is the obvious choice if Beale can get him fit and motivated. It’s up to Alfie really.

I’m hoping both Alfie and Kent see this as a fresh start, knuckle down and sign new deals.
Nah, clear out and fresh faces are needed, alfies been here too long and Kent has been poor for two years, neither are deserving of new contracts.

I honestly think he'll go with who he knows and Morelos, with Kent, will start upfront

Morelos's commitment to Rangers and his attitude this season have been diablolical.

His lack of professionalism and level of physical fitness have been embarrassing and he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near our first team.

Thank %^*& for Colak and I say that as a fan of Alfredo.

Love these threads, only one who has shown disrespect by being unfit and not trying for the manager…. Really, must be a different view from the Govan Front as there are a good few in this bracket that we don’t seem to chase out the door as quickly! Fresh start goes for everyone and I will forgive any of them as long as the work rate and effort is there. Difference with Morelos and the others are if he rediscovers we are a completely different team and it is cheaper to rejuvenate that replace him.

He’s an embarrassment.
2019? Was he not playing until he was ran into the ground and injured last season? Dortmund as an example? Get that the guy polarises opinion and has been awful this season but has not been this way since 2019!

Love these threads, only one who has shown disrespect by being unfit and not trying for the manager…. Really, must be a different view from the Govan Front as there are a good few in this bracket that we don’t seem to chase out the door as quickly! Fresh start goes for everyone and I will forgive any of them as long as the work rate and effort is there. Difference with Morelos and the others are if he rediscovers we are a completely different team and it is cheaper to rejuvenate that replace him.
Why would we bother trying to rejuvenate a player for the upteenth time when he's going to walk for nothing in 6 months?

Morelos should be considered in the same was as Ramsey last season - he's not our player come the end of the season so unless he can deliver right now, starting 15th Dec, he's absolutely no use to us.

And I think we all know what sort of condition he's going to return in.

He doesn’t look “busy” because he’s lazy . He’s not at Bayern probably because of this and his too causal approach. He can still make but only if he changes radically
I am not sure if labelling Tillman as lazy is correct, I only seen him from comfort of the armchair so do not see what he does (or lack off) when not on the ball but he isn’t at Munich as he ain’t good enough for them but let’s be honest when did we last have a player good enough to play for them?

there definitely a player in there and ok it has not shone anywhere near enough but a lot going on off the park for such a young lad and a new system and a failing team do not help the lad.

2019? Was he not playing until he was ran into the ground and injured last season? Dortmund as an example? Get that the guy polarises opinion and has been awful this season but has not been this way since 2019!
You're right, he's had multiple ups and downs since 2019.

Personally, I'm sick of it. He's burned through all the credit he had in the bank.

Morelos is the obvious choice if Beale can get him fit and motivated. It’s up to Alfie really.

I’m hoping both Alfie and Kent see this as a fresh start, knuckle down and sign new deals.
I think it's going to be a club decision if he doesn't sign a new deal then he doesn't pay which tbf I think is what has been happening

I think colak scoring has helped hide that choice but I do think it's how wilson/ gio decided to deal with him

Thing is he not the type to deal with like that he needs managed with kid gloves he needs feel wanted Gerrard had that with him but also had his issues with him

Very similar to how smith used to deal with gazza treated him like a son but had to do discipline him every so often being back into line

It’s massively embarrassing.

The idea that fans are sitting there hoping that Morelos getting fit, remaining fit and showing interest in playing for Rangers is somehow above and beyond. It’s almost like it’s an inconvenience to him.

I can’t wait for the Morelos circus to be out of town.

Let’s be honest, fans have been saying this almost every year about Morelos - yet he’s signed more contract extensions than anyone in the squad and has invested millions into charity. He’s actually a really top lad, but because he snarls a bit and acts petulant (likes most Hispanics) then he’s given way OTT treatment. Would love nothing more than to get the Morelos of old back (even just before his injury earlier this year he was on fire), but if it isn’t happening then it’s best for all that he moves on.

Let’s be honest, fans have been saying this almost every year about Morelos - yet he’s signed more contract extensions than anyone in the squad and has invested millions into charity. He’s actually a really top lad, but because he snarls a bit and acts petulant (likes most Hispanics) then he’s given way OTT treatment. Would love nothing more than to get the Morelos of old back (even just before his injury earlier this year he was on fire), but if it isn’t happening then it’s best for all that he moves on.
Millions? What source are you taking that from? Just asking.

We could make life so much easier for ourselves by simply playing 4-4-2 in a lot of spfl games, or at least changing to that system when struggling.

Most of the teams in the league know how to set up against the 1 isolated, 2 wide, i wonder sometimes if i could do it myself its so easy to counter just give us the ball in areas we can hurt them and make sure the single striker cant get near it around the box.

Its interesting the way folk are starting to turn on our one excellent signing... Colak... ofcourse for 2m quid we really have a right to expect a centre that can do everything like the WC and CL superstars.

Regardless of who the new manager is these players have been a disgrace. Unfit, Lazy and uninterested. As people have said regardless of your thoughts of the manger you still need to put the work in.

If Beale is the man to take us forward he has to look at the playing squad with fresh eyes. A lot of players have had their time at Ibrox and need to move on.

Back