Stuart James article on Ricksen

wonderful piece, I shared this earlier on twitter.
I don't want to take the clicks away but "As Ricksen’s eyes moved slowly across the screen, he selected “t” but there was a long pause before he got to “i”. De Vries knew his friend was more than tired. " Heartrendingly beautiful writing.

got the balance right by acknowledging his colourful and wild side but then leaving it at that and then concentrating on his battle and his family. There is a time and place for a full and frank bio, today or yesterday is not that time. Martin Grant and Graham Speirs et all, read and weep a what you could have written.

Supposedly even some of the most rhabid bloggers have been writing heartfelt articles on Ricksen. When our biggest haters can take a minute out to write something with some humanity, what does it say about our horrific Scottish media!

Sitting in my car waiting to pick up my mate for the game and can hardly see to type this message, a good but heart wrenching read, sleep well Fernando.

That's probably the best piece about Fernando that I've read. The Scottish press should take note of this instead of focussing on the negatives.

Back