Stuart McCall banned green bibs and cones from training

uneasydaz

ANDY DALES realised how big a Rangers man Stuart McCall still is when he banned green bibs at Scunthorpe training sessions.
Wide man Dales joined Dundee on loan last month from the English League One outfit, where McCall is boss.

Dales joked: “I’m well aware of what a big hero Stuart is at Rangers because we heard about it all day, every day!
“At training we were not allowed to have green cones out and not allowed to wear green bibs.

He would remind us of what he is to Rangers — and how much he hates Celtic, basically!”
McCall took charge at Scunthorpe in August, two months after Dales joined from non-league Mickleover Sports.

He’s already joked that Dales and fellow Dens loanee James Horsfield won’t be welcome back at Glanford Park if they score the winner when Dundee face Rangers at Ibrox on Wednesday night.
Dales said: “Stuart told us before we came up what Scottish football is all about and I’m definitely looking forward to Wednesday. He said it was a great opportunity for me to play against big clubs like Rangers and Celtic.

Not just that, he said it was a chance to come up here and play as many games as possible — but he warned me about scoring against Rangers.
“I suspect I may not be welcome back if I do score.
“But I am at Dundee now and if an opportunity comes my way, then it is not one that I am going to shy away from.
“Stuart is a big Rangers fan and was a big Rangers player but he will want his loan players to go out and do well.”

Playing in front of 50,000 fans will be a world away from some of the non-league grounds Dales graced in the Northern Premier League.

He said: “Ibrox and Celtic Park are different experiences to what I’m used to.
“Hopefully we can put on a performance and see what happens.
“Steven Gerrard was a great player, so to go to Ibrox and take on a team with him in the dugout is great. Last season I was playing in non-league football.
“This has been a good season for me. I’ve played coming up to 26 games now.
“My aim was to probably play about 20 games so I’ve already gone past that.

“Coming from non-league to the league then Scottish Premiership means it’s been a successful season so far.”
Dales was in the Dundee side which crashed 4-2 to Hibs on Friday night.
It was a blow to Jim McIntyre’s side after they’d eased out of the bottom two by beating Livingston.
Kenny Miller had two goals ruled out for offside while the Dens side felt Marc McNulty was lucky to stay on the pitch after he appeared to kick out at Ryan McGowan.
Dales added: “I don’t think the score reflected everything.
“As far as Kenny’s two goals go, I’ve heard one of them should have stood. We could have had a penalty as well, so I think we were unlucky.”

This is nothing.
At Rangers we’ve banned green jelly tots, green straws, pepperami sticks, eggs Benedict and we cut sash patterns into the grass.
All emphasising our bigoted and intolerant approach.

Cue Tom English next bbc article “ McCall in sectarian hate set up at Scunthorpe “ .....

He also put pictures of the pope, Gerry Adams, Paul McStay, Jock Stein and Louis Tomlinson on the training ground practice wall for free kicks and gave players a bonus of £16.90 every time they hit one of them on the face. Fact!!

Im sure most on here are the same but I've never owned a green toothbrush and will spend that extra minute in the supermarket finding a blue one.

Nothing weird about it at all :))

Actually I was thinking about asking how I change that but seemed a bit irrelevant - but now we're here, do you know?
Tap the 3 bars on the top left and click on your name in the list, then scroll down a little and you will see avatar, tap that and add your own avatar. That’s the best I can do for that bud, I’m not that savvy.

Back