Stuart McCall interviewed for Hearts job

Bonnyloyal

Hearts have held talks with Stuart McCall and he will team up with Jambos legend Kenny Black if he lands the job.
The former Rangers and Motherwell boss has met with Tynecastle owner Ann Budge and her interview panel this week.
Jack Ross, who is set to become the next Hibs boss, and ex-Birmingham City boss Steve Cotterill have also been interviewed over the past 72 hours.
McCall worked wonders at Motherwell leading them into a second-placed finish and also into Champions League football.
Former Hearts midfielder Black is his long-term No. 2.
Since then, McCall has had a caretaker spell at Rangers and spells at Bradford City and Scunthorpe

read a hearts fan say he failed at Bradford. Why do fans not do their homework before talking shit. Quote bradford newspaper

"McCall's final tally of 35 wins from 77 league games – and a 45 per cent victory percentage that is the club's highest since Roy McFarland – suggests a team consistently punching above their weight".

Roy McFarland was the manager in 1982.

So he did alright, had the highest win percent, highest points per game since 1982 and took them to a play off final. Also did well at Motherwell. His time here seems to have damaged his reputation with scottish fans which is harsh considering what he inherited.

But agree, should stay away from such a vile club.

I have a lot of time for Stuart McCall, but he’s never been much of a manager if we’re brutally honest.

I think it’d be a poor choice by Hearts.
Was good at Motherwell and was decent at Bradford. Unfairly sacked at Bradford and Motherwell went through a downsizing period which probably caused him to leave.

I seen a headline saying ‘McCall interviewed for Hearts job’ and just assumed it was Ian McCall!

Never even batted an eyelid or thought twice about it - that’s how far those bastards have sunk in my eyes!

More than decent at Bradford. He got them into the playoffs twice. They went downhill after he left and got relegated last season
Absolutely, fell out with their hopeless owners that resulted in him leaving. Hopefully gets the Hearts job.

My local league football club is bradford city. Their chairman at the time has since departed. Seems he was an egomaniac that thought he could be a manager, He hired Grayson after mccall and he told him to shove it. Then they took on a youth coach for the managers job and he lasted about 5 games. Then they employed and sacked David Hopkin. He was chased out the city mind after truths came out about his ownership. Thankfully they are recovering now after going down to league two.

Was excellent for motherwell. Not so much for us but impossible circumstances. Think a lot will depend on how much the game has changed since he was last in the hotseat, football tactically is constantly changing/evolving moreso than ever these days.

Would be an excellent appointment for Hearts, at least we would see another team go out and try against all the other sides.

McCall would do ok there. I know the fans are not up to much but I think Budge is a decent person and would not have acted in the same manner as Mad Vlad towards us.

read a hearts fan say he failed at Bradford. Why do fans not do their homework before talking shit. Quote bradford newspaper

"McCall's final tally of 35 wins from 77 league games – and a 45 per cent victory percentage that is the club's highest since Roy McFarland – suggests a team consistently punching above their weight".

Roy McFarland was the manager in 1982.

So he did alright, had the highest win percent, highest points per game since 1982 and took them to a play off final. Also did well at Motherwell. His time here seems to have damaged his reputation with scottish fans which is harsh considering what he inherited.

But agree, should stay away from such a vile club.

Other clubs fans see his reputation damaged for one reason only and it has absolutely nothing to do with his management record.

Good luck to him. He's a good man and a good coach. The more bear-friendly managers in the league the better.

Given what he had to work with with us he done well. I reckon that if he had been brought in in January and allowed to make his own signings, he'd have got us out of the Championship that year.

He would be a good appointment.

I do feel we would have made steadier and quicker progress had we just stuck with him rather than getting stuck on the Warburton cycle.

I have alot of time and respect for Stuart McCall.

If he moves there it will be his choice and down to wages for him. He needs to pay the mortgage after all.

Good luck but not against us.

Hope he takes it, brings back Lafferty to hearts and manages a couple of victories against the scum again

McGhee would be a fantastic banter appointment.

And as unlikely as it seems, remember that this is the club that appointed Graham Rix.

Rix... don't even go there :oops:

I personally would welcome McCall with open arms to Tynecastle.

He did a very good job at Motherwell and understands the game up here. He doesn't have the best record overall as a manager but sometimes things can just be the right fit and I think he would command respect immediately in the dressing room. He would get us working hard and give us the bit of fight we have lacked for so long.

McCall would do ok, as would Colin Wanker

we need more Gers favourable manager back in the league anyway and those two would tick the box.

It hard to be objective when there is a palpable dislike for every team in Scotland now, bit I think that would be an ok appointment for Hearts.

Decent enough record and wouldn't have a team of surrender monkeys when playing against them.

Rix... don't even go there :oops:

I personally would welcome McCall with open arms to Tynecastle.

He did a very good job at Motherwell and understands the game up here. He doesn't have the best record overall as a manager but sometimes things can just be the right fit and I think he would command respect immediately in the dressing room. He would get us working hard and give us the bit of fight we have lacked for so long.

40% win record for the teams hes managed (461 games) is not bad.

Back