Stuart McCall is new Assistant Manager of Blackpool

dh1963

Stuart McCall has made his return to football, joining Blackpool as assistant head coach.

He replaced Colin Calderwood at the English League One side in Neil Critchley’s backroom team.

The former Rangers and Motherwell boss has been out of the game since leaving Bradford last year.

Proudly one of the good guys, I wish him well.

Best of luck to Stuart, a great guy, glad he is back in work, and as always humble enough to be an assistant despite having been the boss before.

As liked as McCall was/is, he’s still underrated.

The type of player all teams would love.

Reactions: TQ3
Remember meeting Stuart McCall when I was a youngster. It was a meet and great with the players at Xmas time. Big line up where they were signing autographs. Only player that took any time to talk was Stuart McCall which left a lasting impression.

Wish him all the best.

CandidAgonizingAgama-size_restricted.gif

Still of the view he would have done a better job with us than Warburton did.

Doesn’t really strike me as manager material, but would be a perfect assistant. Kind of in the same mould as McAllister

Doesn’t really strike me as manager material, but would be a perfect assistant. Kind of in the same mould as McAllister
His work at Motherwell was pretty excellent, up until it wasn't, which is the general story of most managers. They were a pretty established second force under him, taking them to 2nd back to back was a pretty good achievement.

I think he would have bridged the gap, in a more effective way than Warburton did without the turbulence baggage and shit that surrounded most of it.

Stuart McCall has made his return to football, joining Blackpool as assistant head coach.

He replaced Colin Calderwood at the English League One side in Neil Critchley’s backroom team.

The former Rangers and Motherwell boss has been out of the game since leaving Bradford last year.

Proudly one of the good guys, I wish him well.
Tim out Bear in . Quality .

He is a good manager and seems like a good bloke

I still compare all our midfields to him and Ferguson, never once did they let us down

Good luck to him, loved him as a player.
He covered every blade of grass in Scotland to protect the Rangers goal. What an engine he had, but he could thread a ball through a defence as well. He wasn’t underrated either, the Rangers fans adored/adore him.

Back