Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

Pretty sure we’ve been lowered to the maximum because of the water table from the river. One day you’ll be at the front and the subway will be going past your seat.

I’ve taken my kids to a couple of games this season but trying to get three tickets together is nearly impossible. Logging on at 9 on a Monday morning with nothing available within 10 min.
The risk is if families can’t bring their kids then do they lose interest and fill their Saturday with other things?

I honestly don't think we will add more seats in within the next 5 years. There is a lot of planning involved and disruption to be worked out years in advance.

is there any idea of the cost of this extra seating ? obviously there'll be a high cost i.e shifting the screens and filling in the corners or the cheaper option of lowering the pitch .......

is there any idea of the cost of this extra seating ? obviously there'll be a high cost i.e shifting the screens and filling in the corners or the cheaper option of lowering the pitch .......

Check back earlier in the thread mate.

There are quite a few posts from engineers/designers giving their opinions + comparisons with other UK stadium capacity increases.

Absolutely no chance. Occupancy would be less than 10% whenever there wasn’t a game on.
You are right unless you include the proximity to Glasow Airport, approximately 8 miles, The Burrell Collection, the second most visited attraction in Glasgow. People visiting the QE Hospital, Concerts Venue at the Hydro, SECC, and Armadillo, less than a mile away along with the very easy accessible Subway and Bus Routes. The Bellahouston Park concerts,

You are right unless you include the proximity to Glasow Airport, approximately 8 miles, The Burrell Collection, the second most visited attraction in Glasgow. People visiting the QE Hospital, Concerts Venue at the Hydro, SECC, and Armadillo, less than a mile away along with the very easy accessible Subway and Bus Routes. The Bellahouston Park concerts,
Nobody want to base themselves in Ibrox regardless of the proximity to those places.

Filling the corners in looks the easy option. Toilets and concourse need a bit updated etc still.

Given the size of the season ticket waiting list I wonder if the club would consider installing restricted view seats in the Govan/Copland corner.
This would allow an increase in capacity whilst bringing the costs down to a far more realistic level. It could even be built as a safe standing area.

There would also be scope for coming up with an engineering solution to the roof supports at a later date when there was a bit more money kicking around.

Even though I love the idea of a bigger capacity at Ibrox I used to sit at very front of Copland front as a youngster and loved it then they added 2rows to the front left me gutted. Still loved my seat but felt cheated as a youngster

Possible that the corners could be turned into hospitality boxes as a way of getting round the restricted view? In a tiered structure?

Would allow the Argyle house boxes to be turned into another bar 72 type set up?

Would add maybe 1000 seats or so with a fairly simple construction

I always thought the corner above the Ibrox bar could be made into another bar72 section. The waiting list for bar 72 could fill it twice over I think, so demand would be there and the extra revenue from the tickets would pay for the development quicker!

Could we do with another 10k seats. Yes. Likely to happen in next 3-5 years. No IMHO but its good to dream. How amazing would it look completely filled in and upper levels

Back