Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

Thought so.

I can imagine your conversation is riveting as well.

With all your gum bumping about engineering on every stadium thread, that drawing you’ve spent hours on is no more than a pretty picture. I’ll try to get my neice to draw one up in crayon for your expert comment. Pity, as you could save the club millions on design fees if you could get on the works computer at lunch again.

As I said on this thread Ill be happy if the club get the extra 6000 seats at low cost with minimum disruption (not your 25000 extreme?) You are the one who brought up a month old exchange from the Edmiston thread, before this stadium announcement from the club.

I look forward to your comment when the actual works are proposed.

It's you who keeps going on about Dortmund and 25k. I never mentioned it initially or even think it's viable. You're the one continually bringing it up.

Again, I'm not so sure why you have taken such offence at a sketch of possible plans or quite why you feel the need to criticise something you're clearly not capable of replicating or you'd have done so and better yourself.

They're not my pictures nor was the original 3D model on the site they came from. I never one said they were but they guy who did it has clearly spent a lot of time on them and done well with them. Going by the responses to the post, people seem to have been interested.

I deliberately didn't tag you in this thread where I mentioned the other post. A poster had asked about something which was covered before. It made sense for him to read it as he was interested. It was you who jumped all over it.

Be away with you.

I’ve taken no offence to the sketch. Was hoping for numbers behind it. I can’t see anywhere you credit anyone else drawing it so it must be your know it all attitude and wordplay and being called a prick that I’ve taken offence to.

See you on the next stadium thread. Need another last word? You can’t resist can you?

Last edited:
Yes, but Robertson has stated that it would be low 1000s. I'm only going on what he says. Anything is 'feasible' in terms of the possibilities. In terms of Finance - not so much. My opinion is that we'll get 5000k absolute max, probably with a lower of the pitch , seats at the back of the Govan and maybe a balcony where the tvs are.
Spot on, this is where we are headed I am sure. Affordable and feasible.

Long time lurker on FollowFollow.

Id like to add my views on the stadium expansion. Id personally like to keep the pitch the same level as it is, if necessary, drop it by 1 meter, this will give enough for 2 rows, and add 1,500 to the capacity. This can be done whilst the team still play in the stadium, like what Man City did in the Ethiad when they expanded it a few years back. It will take a season to do, and the cost is only £5m or so. BUT this depends on the water table and the Clyde.

As for the removal of the TV screens, this is the long term goal. This would give 5,000 per corner in my opinion. Id like to remove the roof off of the 3 sides of the stadium and make them all the same cantilever style as above, however make the roof with screens above them, large enough for VAR decisions on them. The removal of the roof can be done whilst the team play in the stadium, this whole project would take 2 years. Whilst i was at it, id look at a study for the expansion of The Argyle Suite to wrap around the whole stadium at the level it presently is at, if it cannot be done, leave The Argyle Suite the same, but try and include them in the corners only, but make them multi purpose where they can be made into a TV studio. Reason for the multi purpose element, we need to get the stadium into being used for a Europa League or Champions League Final.

The one other thing id look at is a remote entry for the away section, where there is a series of tunnels, leading to where they come in from their away bus parking. This would significantly make the policing easier and more simple. This would be a selling point to the planners. Id also like to demolish the Edmonton Suite at the rear of the Copland Road and replace that place with a new Rangers store and a ticket office. It would also be the start, or possibly end of the Ibrox Stadium Tour accessible via another tunnel.

As for finances, in todays market, id set aside £75m, maybe even £80m, it could even cost a eye watering £100m if someone was milking it somewhere. As for the business model, we need to look at a new business model, cap season tickets at 55,000, of a total capacity of maybe 62,000. If season ticket prices where an average of £450 per season for that figure, it would be just short £25m, and with the 7,000 tickets available for each league game, you would get another maybe £3m for that. Include a European campaign, that's a easy £10m in ticket sales. If we paid the debt of that off over 10 years, say £8m a year, it could be achievable to pay it off in that time. We wouldn't want naming rights, as Liverpool didn't take naming rights, they just got successful and paid their £85m main stand expansion off in 3 years in Premier League terms. And we wouldn't have to move out of Ibrox, if we could get a reversal of fixtures from the SPFL until the September international break on the completion of the stadium.

The problems would be egress to the stadium, as the Subway wouldn't cope, we would need a Ibrox Rail Station. This would be a hard sell to Network Rail, but id offer to pay towards this development, for a basic station this would cost £3.6m on 2016 figures. Today, this would be maybe another £6m cost, and if we went half on this, it may help. Also the purchase of 4-5 properties would stand in my plans, this would be a significant cost. Also the lack of a proper fan area wouldn't be great.

Ive always dreamt that if i had the money, and i mean Elon Musk levels of cash, id buy the bloody club and get our ship in order, and do a £550m expansion and modernisation of the stadium, whilst giving Steven a health wedge of cash to stay competitive on the park.

I have optimism that what ever way is chosen, getting even 54,000 into the stadium will help.

Have you been drinking mate?

Even if we can’t completely fill in the corners surely we can still get more seats in there than we do currently. They big grey panels look like they take up far more space than necessary.

We can't see the screens from the top of the Club Deck so they can go as far as I'm concerned. If I can't see a replay I don't see why anyone else should. Selfish Loyal.
I remember Murray saying he was going to hang TVs from the Club deck roof back in the day

With the waiting list we have, it’s a no brainer if it can be done.

With a proper squad, board and management team now in place, things like this will only benefit us in the long run, especially financially.

With the waiting list we have, it’s a no brained if it can be done.

With a proper squad, board and management team now in place, things like this will only benefit us in the long run, especially financially.
Yeah true although the club don’t treat it as a waiting the list if you don’t get offered any and it’s a free for all

Would certainly like to see the capacity increase through some means. Would like to see the corners filled in but I do think it’s good to have screens somewhere. Is it possible to have them attached to the ends of the roof, hanging down?

Be good if we could lower the pitch to the extent that the front row right round the stadium was raised 6 foot or so in order those down the front get a better view, most of the Russian stadia had this during the world cup last year. surprised Spurs never incorporated this in their ground

Heard it all before

I actually like the design of the stadium with the screens. I like the design as a whole and wouldn't really want the look of the ground changed. I don't like bowl stadiums, actually prefer separation between stands. If money was no object I would simply rebuild or refurbish the 3 stands to a more modern standard and improve their appearance. Adding seats where possible. How they actually go about it I'm not sure, hopefully it keeps the appearance which is iconic to me.

Back