Stupid to sell Morelos in the summer

Would anyone be surprised if he got sent again in a few weeks when we play celtic,his discipline is appalling, how many more times must it happen before people wake up.

Why don’t you wake up and read what I said previously. Some of his cards have been farcical. Maybe if you’d been awake you wouldn’t have made an arse of yourself mate.

It's catch 22, he is the best player in the league and the team should be built around him.

However where does the money come from to build the team around him.

So keep him and not be able to improve the squad, or sell him and weaken it before you start.

if he did move to La Liga/PL and become a success, the Scottish media would be the first on the bandwagon to piggyback on it

"he started in the SPL, we knew he'd be a good player" etc. If he does get asked down the line, hopefully he tells them where to go

He's replaceable. The loss would be keenly felt at first but I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job.

We've won fck all with him as our striker, remember.

He's replaceable. The loss would be keenly felt at first but I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job.

We've won fck all with him as our striker, remember.

I have to say that part in bold is a pretty strong statement.

How much would someone like that cost, bearing in mind the valuation most people put on Morelos.

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
Morelos can do the same, Suarez has not bitten anyone at Barcelona, has he.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.
In an ideal world he stays and we get the quality players we need in and around him.

I'd say we just about have to hang on to him,until his on field behaviour improves.
I can't see any sane club splashing out big bucks for him the way things are right now.
Sad but true.:(

I have to say that part in bold is a pretty strong statement.

How much would someone like that cost, bearing in mind the valuation most people put on Morelos.

If we're replacing him with someone who'd scored a similar number of goals as him in the league, we're looking for a player who was manage the same amount as Martyn Waghorn (900K) or Josh Windass (a pittance, even if he was a wanker).

I reckon he'll still be here, though.

If we're replacing him with someone who'd scored a similar number of goals as him in the league, we're looking for a player who was manage the same amount as Martyn Waghorn (900K) or Josh Windass (a pittance, even if he was a wanker).

I reckon he'll still be here, though.

I'm afraid you have changed the remit there.

You originally said " I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job.

Not someone who scored a similar number of goals in the league.

So how much do you think the replacement would cost, based on what you actually said. Is it still £1m or thereabouts.

I'm afraid you have changed the remit there.

You originally said " I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job.

Not someone who scored a similar number of goals in the league.

So how much do you think the replacement would cost, based on what you actually said. Is it still £1m or thereabouts.

Since when did the words "as good" not mean the same as "similar", mate?

Since when did the words "as good" not mean the same as "similar", mate?

Are you suggesting scoring goals in the league is all he does. No hold up or creative play, does nothing in cups, no effect in European games.

That is the only thing that would make sense of your answer, that he could be replaced by someone who scores a similar number of goals in the league.

This is spot on. It’s really disappointing to see so many bears get in bed with the scum media off the back him letting us down at the piggery. I know many just don’t like him and have been desperate for an excuse to get at him for ages (we’ve already seen that with zoomers who, with a straight face, tried to tell us both of his Pittodrie red cards were merited), but I think others are just too easily brain washed/led and take far too much notice of what a lot of these media arseholes are saying.

But see when you’re putting the boot into Morelos and kidding yourselves on that Defoe and the rest of the team scoring goals in some dead rubber games means it’ll be fine and dandy without him, at least remind yourselves of what he’s subjected to - .i.e. scumbags like Brown and Broadfoot raking the studs down his achilles, with ZERO protection from officials, as well as a plethora of media attacks from fat pedo sympathisers like Crocker, to arseholes like Sutton who just want to court controversy. He’s been subjected to a massive amount of shite in a dire league that should just be grateful to have a player of his quality, so it might be worth having a recap and reminding yourselves of that before you join the anti-Morelos circle jerk with a bunch of tarriar sympathisers.

Alfie is no angel, he made a massive mistake and it’s not the first time. But he doesn’t deserve the shite he’s getting now. We’d have struggled badly without his presence this season.

This is the best post in an absolutely shambolic thread.

Are we going to allow the mentally challengeds and their lapdog media to drive all our best players out the country? That will really see us win 55.

Interested to know where we’re getting a 30+ a year striker from on our budget to replace him. Because you can bet your bottom dollar he will be that come the end of this season.

Are you suggesting scoring goals in the league is all he does. No hold up or creative play, does nothing in cups, no effect in European games.

That is the only thing that would make sense of your answer, that he could be replaced by someone who scores a similar number of goals in the league.

I'm not suggesting that at all, no. I don't have his assists stats at hand but if we're treating this in terms of goals then there's a lot to take comfort from in the fact that the club have signed previous top-goalscorers from such footballing royalty as Dundee, Kilmarnock, Derby, Wigan and Accrington Stanley.

If Morelos does go, you need to take comfort in the fact that the signs usually indicate that we don't need to spend millions and millions for a top goalscorer.

I'm not suggesting that at all, no. I don't have his assists stats at hand but if we're treating this in terms of goals then there's a lot to take comfort from in the fact that the club have signed previous top-goalscorers from such footballing royalty as Dundee, Kilmarnock, Derby, Wigan and Accrington Stanley.

If Morelos does go, you need to take comfort in the fact that the signs usually indicate that we don't need to spend millions and millions for a top goalscorer.

It might not be what you intended to suggest but it is exactly what you suggested by what you put in consecutive posts.

"I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job."

"If we're replacing him with someone who'd scored a similar number of goals as him in the league, we're looking for a player who was manage the same amount as Martyn Waghorn (900K)..."

I'll ask again though, do you really think Morelos could be replaced for £1m or less. I'd prefer it if you didn't equivocate this time and actually answered the question, however I accept it's a matter entirely for you how you answer.

If you do it would be madness not to sell him for the amounts of money people are talking about.

It might not be what you intended to suggest but it is exactly what you suggested by what you put in consecutive posts.

"I've no doubt we'd get someone in who'd be able to do as good, if not a better, job."

"If we're replacing him with someone who'd scored a similar number of goals as him in the league, we're looking for a player who was manage the same amount as Martyn Waghorn (900K)..."

I'll ask again though, do you really think Morelos could be replaced for £1m or less. I'd prefer it if you didn't equivocate this time and actually answered the question, however I accept it's a matter entirely for you how you answer.

If you do it would be madness not to sell him for the amounts of money people are talking about.

So, you want me to answer a question I originally answered when I said, in my first contribution to this thread, "He's replaceable"? If it wasn't enough to be unequivocal then I will be now: yes.

And in reply to your second question, yes, I probably think that too.

So, you want me to answer a question I originally answered when I said, in my first contribution to this thread, "He's replaceable"? If it wasn't enough to be unequivocal then I will be now: yes.

And in reply to your second question, yes, I probably think that too.

No, I want you to answer the question I asked "... do you really think Morelos could be replaced for £1m or less"

We can only play the one system with Alfie in the team to suit his unique style. However the last few games have shown we can be a free flowing goal scoring team without him. So to evolve as a team I think selling him would suit both the player and our own ambitions.

No, I want you to answer the question I asked "... do you really think Morelos could be replaced for £1m or less"

Sorry if you're struggling here mate, but when I cited the cost of some of our previous signings I was clearly implying that I thought he could be replaced for that amount, yes. Anything else?

We can only play the one system with Alfie in the team to suit his unique style. However the last few games have shown we can be a free flowing goal scoring team without him. So to evolve as a team I think selling him would suit both the player and our own ambitions.

And what about the pathetic performances we churned in without him when the pressure was on and winning games was actually worth something?

And what about the pathetic performances we churned in without him when the pressure was on and winning games was actually worth something?
Because we have now changed the system to accommodate both Defoe and Arfield. Should have done this sooner but didn’t. It’s a learning game for SG.

We have played quicker through the midfield using Davis rather than relying on wing play or playing long balls for Alfie to hold up. He is a terrific player but we have relied on him too much this season. If we want to sell him or he wants away then it won’t be the end of the world. Having said that,if he wants to stay I would be delighted.

If I was getting sent off for fouling broon I'd make sure he was stretchered off.
Agree with you give me a one match contract wait until the games won say 3-0 with five minutes left bring me on as a sub . I'll make sure he doesn't see the end of the game . Not matter to me if I get a 15 match ban .

I dunno about stupid, that would depend on the price. However I loathe the thought of rebuilding rather than strengthening during the off season. We are so close to the mentally challengeds it would be hellish to go back to square one again

Having said that id like to see us make better use of Defoe next season, and Alfie isn't the type of player who likes to share. If we can get a good price and find a set up man for Defoe, it might actually benefit us in the long run

One thing's for sure, his disciplinary record has to get better. He's no good to us in the stand

I'd say we just about have to hang on to him,until his on field behaviour improves.
I can't see any sane club splashing out big bucks for him the way things are right now.
Sad but true.:(

I hear what you say but it didn't stop Barca from signing Suarez ( a not dissimilar situation ) .

Given that he could turn up in a League which is not 'totally corrupt' like the SPFL, backed by the SFA, perhaps he could become good 'Big Stile'

So contrary to your view, I would be pleased to see him 'progress' and for Rangers to progress accordingly !

I hear what you say but it didn't stop Barca from signing Suarez ( a not dissimilar situation ) .

Given that he could turn up in a League which is not 'totally corrupt' like the SPFL, backed by the SFA, perhaps he could become good 'Big Stile'

So contrary to your view, I would be pleased to see him 'progress' and for Rangers to progress accordingly !

Most people think that Suarez's behaviour for Liverpool and Uruguay was planned in order to get a move to Barcelona. He did the same thing when Arsenal was linked for him and when Liverpool first came in for him at Ajax.

Coming from the EPL as opposed to the SPL makes an enormous difference though.
Right now Morelos 4-5 mil. Tops IMHO.:(

What happens if we keep him a season and he fails miserable upfront and gets booked and sent off and misses a lot of games.?
Better to sell when his value is at his highest I'd have thought.
erm, thats this season :) and yes that's next next season :)

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
Morelos can do the same, Suarez has not bitten anyone at Barcelona, has he.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.
With one bite Suarez did more physical damage than Morelos has done in two entire seasons.
He is not a dirty player.
But I see your point.

£15m+ I'll have some of what your drinking no one will bid for him more than 10m no old firm goals Europe 2 or 3 goals plus his discipline 10m will be the bid and I would accept it as with him we can only play one way where as the last few games we see what different styles we've got. This 15m-20m talk is literally laughable

£15m+ I'll have some of what your drinking no one will bid for him more than 10m no old firm goals Europe 2 or 3 goals plus his discipline 10m will be the bid and I would accept it as with him we can only play one way where as the last few games we see what different styles we've got. This 15m-20m talk is literally laughable

Your interpretation of Morelos and our team is almost as bad as your lack of punctuation.

The only thing that’s changed since the last time he was out of the team is that the pressure is off and there’s %^*& all silverware to play for. When there was, his team mates couldn’t take the heat and choked. As for his valuation, you should apply for a job at the Daily Rebel, you’d fit right in.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets next time he plays. Clearly quite a few have turned on him and interpreted us winning some dead rubber games as ‘playing better without him’ despite previous evidence contesting this.

It will totally depend on which clubs are in for him in the summer as to whether he stays or goes. A lower to mid premiership team is willing to pay £12-15m for him he goes, I think its best all round if he goes because we need to money to strengthen the starting 11

Stuart Robertson at the ORSA AGM - basically indicated his agent has been promised - this summer he will be allowed to leave .

Your interpretation of Morelos and our team is almost as bad as your lack of punctuation.

The only thing that’s changed since the last time he was out of the team is that the pressure is off and there’s %^*& all silverware to play for. When there was, his team mates couldn’t take the heat and choked. As for his valuation, you should apply for a job at the Daily Rebel, you’d fit right in.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets next time he plays. Clearly quite a few have turned on him and interpreted us winning some dead rubber games as ‘playing better without him’ despite previous evidence contesting this.
I see what you're saying about dead rubber and pressure off but his record in big games and being suspended especially for the Aberdeen semi final at Hampden wouldn't have gone unnoticed by suitors. He's a boy with serious talent but is still very much a rough diamond. Possibly 12m but I wouldn't expect more. 10-12m would get us 3 or 4 1st teamers plus I think we relied on him too much he can't do it all himself but also can only play by himself up front so 10-12m id take but certainly wish him well.

I see what you're saying about dead rubber and pressure off but his record in big games and being suspended especially for the Aberdeen semi final at Hampden wouldn't have gone unnoticed by suitors. He's a boy with serious talent but is still very much a rough diamond. Possibly 12m but I wouldn't expect more. 10-12m would get us 3 or 4 1st teamers plus I think we relied on him too much he can't do it all himself but also can only play by himself up front so 10-12m id take but certainly wish him well.

Suitors will look at his career though. They’ll watch highlights, they’ll know that he’s targeted unfairly. When they compare his disciplinary record in Finland against his record here that’ll be glaringly obvious, and given his age, teams will feel the best is yet to come and that he’s still at a stage where managers can mould him into the player they want.

Given the silly money on offer, I wouldn’t accept anything less than £15m, particularly if it’s from a premier league side.

Last edited:
He needs to go can’t be relying on him for another season because the refs clearly have it in for him.

This for me. Alfredo Morelos, He very nearly cost the money from Europe. Such a poor sending off. Then he was suspended for the League cup Semi Final, Then the Scottish Cup semi final. And now look at the league. If we had beating them at Parkhead then the table would be very interesting right now. Thats a Seven point swing in three weeks.
I get dogs abuse on Twitter from certain people for saying the kid has used all his chances for me. How the hell are we supposed to achieve anything next season with a guy worse than Ramos.
He cannot control himself and refs cannot wait to send him off for anything so he needs to go.

He’ll stay I think.

His value has decreased with his discipline, and we’re not going to sell him cut price. For around the same amount we rejected last year, surely?

Stay, improve his discipline, fire us to a title & then get his big move.

Two things for me, if he is to stay;

1) we need to find a system whereby he plays with a proven goalscorer i.e. Defoe. He simply cant be relied on to put teams away on his own. He isnt clinical enough. He is a good goalscorer, not a great one. Alot of his best attributes, ironically enough, are his hold up play and the rough and tumble stuff with defenders. He can create chances out of nothing but he needs to learn to be able to play alongside someone. Think Miller and Boyd. Miller done alot of the donkey work that allowed Boyd to stand there and bang in 20+ 30+ a season.

2) We need to be investing properly in his mental toughness and game management. Theres no doubting he is physically tough but he needs to be taught how to control his petulance. Wether thats bringing in a Spanish speaking psychologist to coach him not to react or if its our coaching staff drumming into him not to react, kick out, leave the boot in. He needs managed properly and he needs to show us that he can be trusted.

If neither of these things happen then he goes with our best wishes.

Suitors will look at his career though. They’ll watch highlights, they’ll know that he’s targeted unfairly. When they compare his disciplinary record in Finland against his record here that’ll be glaringly obvious, and given his age, teams will feel the best is yet to come and that he’s still at a stage where managers can mould him into the player they want.

Given the silly money on offer, I wouldn’t accept anything less than £15m, particularly if it’s from a premier league side.

If he goes to England, then he is know down there and his reputation will precede him. Defenders and midfielders will target him down there aswell, make no mistake. This season is defining for Morelos. He needs to cut out the petulance, stop reacting and show maturity. If he does, he is one helluva player for anyone to have in their team

Back