Stupid to sell Morelos in the summer

Who is going to pay £15m plus for a player who can't be trusted not to let his teammates and fans down? Who continually misses big games through suspension? Who has yet to score against his main rivals in two seasons? Get real. No one pays £15m for scoring against the likes of St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

Morelos has scored against every Scottish club he's played against this season - except Celtic. That includes goals against Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc.

Is it going to take him scoring against that mob for you to rate him?

Yes I agree he should never have got himself suspended but we should still have enough quality to beat Aberdeen without relying on Morelos.

And I’m afraid that has been the problem and that is what’s cost us from winning anything. The fact we relied on one player the whole season is just not good enough.

I would sell him not because he can’t be trusted, purely because we need the money to strengthen other areas in the team so we ain’t just a one man band.
Yes you are totally correct that we relied too much on him. Not enough goals from others and the backups we signed weren't good enough.Perhaps I have been harsh but I think if he had screwed the nut we might have had some silverware - and a true £15m player.

Morelos has scored against every Scottish club he's played against this season - except Celtic. That includes goals against Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc.

Is it going to take him scoring against that mob for you to rate him?
I rate him. But I think for others to rate him to the tune of £15m then yes a goal or two against that mob would help.

He was our best chance of winning anything last season and ended up being the main reason we won nothing. Keeping him another year would be madness. Even if we only get 7 or 8m we need to sell. But make sure there is a decent sell on clause.
He’s the reason we won nothing!!!

You are fkn mental!

Taxi

I rate him. But I think for others to rate him to the tune of £15m then yes a goal or two against that mob would help.

So do you rate Louis Moult as a better striker than Alfredo Morelos?

After all he had a good scoring record against both them and us...

Would love to keep him but is it worth it? Fact is he’ll never get a fair ride from officials or the media. Both detest him and will carry on targeting him until he finally does leave. All part of what makes Scottish football one of the most pathetic leagues in the sport.

Can we afford to keep him on his improved contract and still add quality elsewhere?

I’d love for him to stay. He might be less frustrated and prone to reacting if there’s more quality in the side.

So Morelos’ 20 plus goals didn’t at least help in anyway to try and challenge.

Maybe if our midfield contributed more and defence didn’t fvck up as much we might of won something?

To try blame our player of the season for us not winning anything clearly shows you know sweet F.A about the game my friend
His discipline is appalling, why can't people understand this.

Who is going to pay £15m plus for a player who can't be trusted not to let his teammates and fans down? Who continually misses big games through suspension? Who has yet to score against his main rivals in two seasons? Get real. No one pays £15m for scoring against the likes of St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock.
Atlético Madrid paid 66 million euros for Diego Costa. Chelsea paid 38 million euros before that. Similar temperament to Alfie, similar style. It happens.

His discipline is appalling, why can't people understand this.

It’s hardly appalling. Keep in mind he’s been wrongly sent off on at least 2 occasions and gets little to no protection from referees.

Let’s be objective instead of getting in bed with the daily rebel and the rest of the agenda driven idiots. Fact is you raced into put the boot into the player and made an arse of yourself.

would love him to stay and play his part in us winning the league, Scot cup, League cup and europa, then he can go for 50M

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
Morelos can do the same, Suarez has not bitten anyone at Barcelona, has he.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.

Morelos may well change, and I really hope he does. However his card is already marked in Scotland NO MATTER what the lad does.

It doesn't appear he has had disciplinary issues in his career until he came to Scotland. Why is that?

I'm not saying that he is completely innocent, far from it and has done some stupid things. However he is refereed to a different standard than other players in the league.

Morelos may well change, and I really hope he does. However his card is already marked in Scotland NO MATTER what the lad does.

It doesn't appear he has had disciplinary issues in his career until he came to Scotland. Why is that?

I'm not saying that he is completely innocent, far from it and has done some stupid things. However he is refereed to a different standard than other players in the league.

This is spot on. It’s really disappointing to see so many bears get in bed with the scum media off the back him letting us down at the piggery. I know many just don’t like him and have been desperate for an excuse to get at him for ages (we’ve already seen that with zoomers who, with a straight face, tried to tell us both of his Pittodrie red cards were merited), but I think others are just too easily brain washed/led and take far too much notice of what a lot of these media arseholes are saying.

But see when you’re putting the boot into Morelos and kidding yourselves on that Defoe and the rest of the team scoring goals in some dead rubber games means it’ll be fine and dandy without him, at least remind yourselves of what he’s subjected to - .i.e. scumbags like Brown and Broadfoot raking the studs down his achilles, with ZERO protection from officials, as well as a plethora of media attacks from fat pedo sympathisers like Crocker, to arseholes like Sutton who just want to court controversy. He’s been subjected to a massive amount of shite in a dire league that should just be grateful to have a player of his quality, so it might be worth having a recap and reminding yourselves of that before you join the anti-Morelos circle jerk with a bunch of tarriar sympathisers.

Alfie is no angel, he made a massive mistake and it’s not the first time. But he doesn’t deserve the shite he’s getting now. We’d have struggled badly without his presence this season.

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.
“Change his game”?

He could prance about in a pink tu tu handing out flowers and blowing kisses(we all know that last bit is an ordering off for Rangers players)and he’d still rack up the bans.
Most of his disciplinary record is down to him being a dangerous, free scoring Rangers centre forward.

Look at his
on field actions in comparison to the Lego lout and tell me he’s a dirtier player than the bald mongo and then compare respective disciplinary records.

The whole place is reeking

“Change his game”?

He could prance about in a pink tu tu handing out flowers and blowing kisses(we all know that last bit is an ordering off for Rangers players)and he’d still rack up the bans.
Most of his disciplinary record is down to him being a dangerous, free scoring Rangers centre forward.

Look at his
on field actions in comparison to the Lego lout and tell me he’s a dirtier player than the bald mongo and then compare respective disciplinary records.

The whole place is reeking
If you are saying that is why we should be selling him then we are well and truly fkd. We will never win another trophy in this country. The agenda will just move to someone else next season.

Stupid to keep him, WE need to move on !

Sell him for what we can - with an appropriate sell-on clause !
It would be stupid to sell him unless we get an offer we can,t refuse.who do you think we can get who will bang in 29 goals a season .We are where we are mainly because of him.

If you are saying that is why we should be selling him then we are well and truly fkd. We will never win another trophy in this country. The agenda will just move to someone else next season.
I don’t want him sold, I’m basically suggesting that the rest of Scottish football and it’s authorities are doing their utmost to devalue him.

Undoubtedly Alfie has a petulant streak in him, but the baldy mongo has a violent streak in him.
Which is worse and which gets punished most?

That won’t stop next season.
Like I said, the whole place is reeking.

Always wondered what happened to Ian Black

We should sell him when his stock is highest.

Before the Celtic game, sure.

Right now, probably not.

I would keep him but you don’t know what promises we have made the player.

if we keep Morelos, which I don't think we will, then the management or board have to come out with a statement about refs and integrity, especially certain ones

every presser before a game - "hopefully we see a strong ref" to keep up the pressure and when the inevitable happens because people like Clancy and Thomson can't help themselves, give them both barrels for it. Obviously Alfie will have to stop getting wound up but anyone who will come out with "all he has to do is fall" must know that any fall from him has to result in an injury or be a 100% foul

actually have no idea why we have ever questioned Thomson's integrity when he's been cheating for the scum for well over a decade, really surprised he's not been given a few SPL medals with the work he does for them

No one is paying £25m for a player from the Scottish league. That's just fairytale Stuff. The absolute ceiling is what Dembele went for imo.

As for his discipline issues, I don't see why that would change if he leaves, teams do research before their games, they'll know if you wind him up he'll react, that's suddenly not going to change.

All the red and yellow cards and he’s not put in a bad tackle that has injured an opponent

It’s a joke

His elbow to Browns chest was his most violent action yet the mhedia and pundits make him out to be a thug and dirty player

His petulance has got him into bother with officials but other players shout at refs and don’t get punished but Alfie gets carded every time

You can see he’s frustrated with the way referees officiate against us and it’s the same as the fans seeing the constant bad decisions refs make against us

If we don’t get £15-£20 m in the summer I’d keep him as he has a long term contract but he needs to wise up re his on field behaviour and attitude as that has let him and consequently us down

Needs to be sold.

He's got decent value which could provide funds to sign players who can be relied upon.

You can rely upon Alfie to play well, you can't rely on him keeping his head.

I would really like to keep him but not sure we can afford to.His goals will not be easily replaced if we sell him.
We need more quality for the first team and selling him may be the way we have to go.

I don’t want him sold, I’m basically suggesting that the rest of Scottish football and it’s authorities are doing their utmost to devalue him.

Undoubtedly Alfie has a petulant streak in him, but the baldy mongo has a violent streak in him.
Which is worse and which gets punished most?

That won’t stop next season.
Like I said, the whole place is reeking.
We are at a crossroads with Morelos.

He has been a marked man in Scotland for most of the season , he is stupid at times and needs to control himself better but let's not forget how he has been refereed nor the media frenzy to demonise him .

If a good offer is tabled I would sell, I can only see more of what has happened this season happening next.

I'm sure he wouldn't want that himself and who knows where it would leave his value.

He has let the club and fans down too many times, sending off at parkhead was the final fck up for me,cash in now and use the money to get 3 or 4 players of good quality.

That’s probably the disappointing one for me; the rest I think a case can be made for daftness, harsh etc but he must have known they’d wind him up and he should not react. He hasn’t been helped by the refs booking him for diving though as his option to highlight being kicked by brown by falling down is remived

In terms of the post, I’d like him to stay as were stronger with him.

But if has dale financed 3 quality players it would be for the greater good

Though the europa cash could mean he stays til jan at least

For me the question is what have we been doing behind closed doors? I said at the start of the season we needed to send him to a sports psychologist, preferably the one that helped Suarez sort out his issues.

If we've been doing that and it hasn't worked then we need to accept we won't be able to change him and it probably is best to get rid.

If the club hasn't got professionals in to help then it's a disgrace, but we should try it before we sell. It's been the big games where he's let himself down and got sent off, so his value sadly won't be that high, as that's the games other clubs will have had scouts at.

He clearly just gets too wound up for big games and I'm convinced if he's willing to work with a sports psychologist he could sort it out.

I have no faith that we'll manage to sign a better player than Morelos to replace him. We were pretty lucky JJ spotted him.

What a lot of people seem to forget, is while he was in Finland his Yellow and Red card count was near non-existent.
So what in Alfie's psyche has changed him to become a liability since coming to Scotland?
He is being targeted by ALL of the media and haters who see his true worth and talent. Referees ref him, and the Team differently and is blatantly obvious .
They punish him at the first opportunity and let others who are committing similar offences off without even a word in their ears. The Sheep come to mind on that point!
Yes he reacts, most young fired up guys do when subjected to the constant fouling he does.
Defoe said in his interview that hes was the same when he was a young player and look how he turned out.
Lets keep with the lad and hopefully he will be with us next season and he gives us his best performance. The Club need to do more publicly to protect him and to call out the haters who are trying so hard to demonize the Lad.
Yes I agree his sending off's have hurt the team, but the stupid pass backs and schoolboy errors from others have hurt us more. and cost us points and games.

Quote me once where I’ve said his discipline is good?

Why can’t people understand he’s our best player and most valuable asset?
If he keeps getting booked and sent off then he becomes a liability, how many times do the fans forgive him before the penny drops.

It’s hardly appalling. Keep in mind he’s been wrongly sent off on at least 2 occasions and gets little to no protection from referees.

Let’s be objective instead of getting in bed with the daily rebel and the rest of the agenda driven idiots. Fact is you raced into put the boot into the player and made an arse of yourself.
Would anyone be surprised if he got sent again in a few weeks when we play celtic,his discipline is appalling, how many more times must it happen before people wake up.

Most of what uve said, i agree with.But i think the boy himself, feels that he's being victimised playing in Scotland.
And to a certain extent i think that also.So ive a strong feeling that we may have to try and get good money for the boy and move him on.
His attitude isn't going to change over a close season, so to benefit all parties, i think the boy should move to pastures new, and get a fresh start in another country.
He'll be missed badly, but you can bet that Stevie G.has already been looking at someone just as good, with a slightly better temprement, and can score goals into the bargain.
It's a big ask, but there's players out there waiting to be discovered im sure.imo.

It's only stupid if the money we get is wasted if the money we get is spent on the correct players it would be the smartest decision we have made in years

It would be stupid to sell him unless we get an offer we can,t refuse.who do you think we can get who will bang in 29 goals a season .We are where we are mainly because of him.

I understand what you are saying and I certainly wouldn't advocate selling him for a derisory figure. But the problem is that Alfie is never going to get the rub of the green in this corrupt SPFL and this will only make him more and more frustrated. The net result of which is Rangers FC will only lose, through any further cards which Alfie may accrue, by virtue of like this season limited availability.

Agree about the problem in trying to replace him but something will turn up as Alfie did (from Helsinki) and for now, and who knows, we have an apparently hungry JD.

He’ll be wanting to go. So we need to get as much as we can for him. Reinvest in the squad, hopefully get s more reliable front man. That will be harder than we think I suspect.

A lot will depend on the player here.
If he wants to go, we’d be best selling him so long as we aren’t overly compromising in the fed.

All these red cards and bookings this season and not one player was taken off injured but the press up here try to label him some sort of animal it's ridiculous. Sorry my friend I'd love him to stay to but can't see it happening

If I was getting sent off for fouling broon I'd make sure he was stretchered off.

Latest posts

Back