STV 60 years old

Yes, Scotsport on a Sunday afternoon. Orange balls in the snow.

Glen Michael, Palladin and Spiderman always split over the adverts.

I remember working at the big estate at Luss used to see the Take the high road cast getting bussed in.
Grow up with Scotsport and Glen Michael Cavalcade.
Now i watch ITV London instead of snp tv.

Saw that fanny Euan Cameron on Sauchiehall Street getting people to sing happy birthday to STV

What's Your Problem? - a consumer programme with John Toy (I think).

He was a grade A fud.No way could he meet her sexual demands

They both done a programme, some kind of Scottish home show years ago. They chapped my pals door and tried to get in to look at their house, it was a topper.
His mother was in hospital and his dad was on charge with 5 boys to look after so the house was a tip. They were shouting through the letter box to get in and his dad was shouting for them to get themselves hunted. We slagged his dad for years for not shagging Viv.

Seem to remember Viv used to do the AA traffic report before she became newsreader, Mary Marquis loyal;)

Sunday dinner and Scotsport

Gerry McNees "exclusives" on a Friday night-scotsport extra(?)

I always remember between programmes there was a guy sitting on a chair telling you what was on next.
Also the Scottish crimewatch with a copper , a Reggie Kray lookalike with white hair :)

Taggart and Glen Micheals Cavalcade and Arthur's sports jacket on Scotsport and Sir Tom Weir how could I forget him...

I'll always remember Scotland Today on 1st April 1982. Scottish bid to host The World Cup. Brazilians to be based at Clydebank.

Some great memories for this auld yin - Arthur Montford, Glen Michael, Bill Tennent, Larry Marshall, Mark McManus, John Toye, Dr John Grierson (This Wonderful World), etc.

Some great memories for this auld yin - Arthur Montford, Glen Michael, Bill Tennent, Larry Marshall, Mark McManus, John Toye, Dr John Grierson (This Wonderful World), etc.
John Toye was a legend.There was a competition in the early 80s for kids.You had to draw a Christmas scene,so being 9 years old and double wide my dad drew it for me and I won.Toye read my name out on TV.Cant remember my prize but thankfully it wasn't the BBC or I would have ended up getting fingered

Anyone remember Steve Hamilton the continuity announcer nearly choking to death one night whilst trying to tell us what pish was on next

Back