STV report at 19:30 about football

Why has the Scottish Cup not been cancelled, Ian?

What is happening about the Pyramid Play-off under the SFA auspices Ian (y'know, the one under the 4-way agreement that yer pal is supposed to supply Club No. 42 for) - it doesn't seem to have been cancelled?

Wait a minute.
I thought awarding the Bheggars the title was going to be the saviour of Scottish football?:rolleyes:

This will be the start of the pressure on the Scottish government to get football restarted ASAP, in line with Peter’s wishes. They will threaten that clubs will go the wall and Scottish football will be no more, although they will say it is not a threat, more a ’consequence of actions’.

Hopefully it is Raman and he goes off script and asks some serious questions, or at least get a couple of wee digs in.

This will be the start of the pressure on the Scottish government to get football restarted ASAP, in line with Peter’s wishes. They will threaten that clubs will go the wall and Scottish football will be no more, although they will say it is not be a threat, more a ’consequence of actions’.

Hopefully it is Raman and he goes off script and asks some serious questions, or at least get a couple of wee digs in.

Thing is, they can't instruct Clubs to play the remaining fixtures now. Clubs have lost that income.

Why has the Scottish Cup not been cancelled, Ian?

What is happening about the Pyramid Play-off under the SFA auspices Ian (y'know, the one under the 4-way agreement that yer pal is supposed to supply Club No. 42 for) - it doesn't seem to have been cancelled?
The Scottish cup has been quite sinister for me,It should have been the first thing that was cancelled, Maxwell and Doncaster sent a joint letter to UEFA saying that the season couldn't be continued, yet Maxwell despite saying the league can't continue is still adamant the Scottish cup will still be played to a finish, quite clearly irony is completely lost on Maxwell.

So we will have two Scottish cup competitions in the same season, one that hasn't be completed and the other that hasn't started.

You know what gets me in this saga.

A couple of negative items and Gordon Smith packed in as SFA head

A complete and utter drop in the ocean compared to Doncaster
I posted similar on another thread. The placeman has been there since 2009. Must've taken over £3m in 'reward'!!

Amazing the number of pundits of football officials calling this an "existential threat".

Either we've got really clever people involved in football, or they all heard someone say it and have copied it to sound intelligent.

Thing is, they can't instruct Clubs to play the remaining fixtures now. Clubs have lost that income.
No, what I meant by restart was restarting football, not the old season. They are hoping to start the 20/21 season near enough on time, not play 19/20 fixtures. That option is gone now due to the SPFL resolution.

Every diddy team in Scotland goes bust, Scottish football literally ceases to be a thing and Rangers join the English league system.

85a368b5b00fbc2e9f3e3c50d64b01af.jpg

it's not the virus we need to fear, it's people like you
When Rangers first called for an independent inquiry the response was it was too expensive for the clubs to foot the bill. When Rangers offered to foot the bill it was the excuse of too much of Doncaster's time would be taken up. As Hearts hint at legal action it's back to too expensive. It seems the SPFL only have 2 excuses.

Back