Subdued build up to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Many fans see reaching EL group as success. Very few actually believe we will reach knock out phase. For example last year's group was easier and we didn't qualify.
2. Our form isn't great.
3. Injury to Kent has scunnered a fair few folk.
4. Fernando passing has hit us hard.
5. League is way more important...no hiding from that simple truth.

I wonder if those same individuals will have forked out a small fortune for a 3 match package to watch said reserve team?

The players will be delighted with that as well. Work their arses off to get through the qualifiers only to sit on the sidelines for the biggest games of the season.

In the presser today SG again states:

"we need the support to get right behind the team"

He's having to say this time and time again. It has almost become a weekly thing. But the home support are largely ignoring his pleas. I feel his frustration !! :(

Raise the roof for the 90 ffs !!!!

I am buzzing for tomorrow night! Can't fkn wait!

I understand the importance of this league campaign and the drive to stop their 9IAR, but for the growth of our club, we should not be thinking about sacrificing anything in this Europa League run. A single win in the group stage is worth as much (financially) as winning the SPFL league title.

If we as a support can't get aroused for a major game like Feyenoord (or Porto for that matter) in the Europa League, i honestly do despair.

Personally can’t fucking wait for this, love all European games. This is our most winnable game imo, so not getting max points tomorrow adds a little doubt on qualifying. But %^*& it am confident we can we win 3-1

League is the priority

I dont know 1 bear who thinks otherwise, The Uefa is money making nothing more

The Europa is also about prestige and getting our club recognised again after all the shite we’ve been through.

I cringe when I hear the mhanks on the radio shouting that ‘it’s all about the ten’, sack that for an attitude, I’ve never ever seen Europe in that way, regardless of where we’ve been. That’s a tinpot attitude I’d hate to see us taking, yes I do think the pressure is off now but ffs we want to do well and it’s now about more than just money.

I've read folk wanting a reserve team out so the players are fresh for St Johnstone on Sunday.

3 points behind with 33 games to play and folk are panicking already.

I hope the players are more composed and a bit more confident than some of the fans.
To be fair even that this early stage we can’t afford to go anymore points behind the Tim’s. If they get a 6/7 point lead be to much a reckon to overturn. Because we won’t go in a winning streak of 15 odd matches when they potentially could

Fernando's passing puts things in perspective and in itself puts a huge dampener on tomorrow's game.

I don't think so.

I haven't got a ticket for tomorrow. But upon hearing of Fernando's passing it makes me want to be there, to make some noise, and to win, even more so than before.

Fernando's spirit will hopefully guide us tomorrow, as fans, and as a team, to a fighting Rangers performance, and hopefully one we will all enjoy.

A lot of nonsense here. Ibrox will be rocking tomorrow. Feel free to quote this if it's not.

I got pelters for saying that the Legia game would be awful. And I'll be honest, I wasn't necessarily proven wrong for 70 minutes. Place was like a bloody library most of the time outside of the very start, the flares and the end, which to be fair did make up for it to a certain extent but still unacceptably quiet. Folk in BF2 including myself trying to get an atmosphere going before just dying out.

In the presser today SG again states:

"we need the support to get right behind the team"

He's having to say this time and time again. It has almost become a weekly thing. But the home support are largely ignoring his pleas. I feel his frustration !! :(

Raise the roof for the 90 ffs !!!!

SG needs to have a word with Stewart Robertson. The atmosphere wont reach its full potential until he sorts out the way fans are distributed throughout the stadium. In the meantime we just have to make the best of what we've got.

Fernandos sad passing has put a slight dampener on how I feel.
But on the other hand,this season will be the first in 10 years since I gave up my season ticket that I'll have been to more than a couple of games at Ibrox.
I know it's the Europa,but this group could easily be a Champions League group.
I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up against 3 good teams.

I got pelters for saying that the Legia game would be awful. And I'll be honest, I wasn't necessarily proven wrong for 70 minutes. Place was like a bloody library most of the time outside of the very start, the flares and the end, which to be fair did make up for it to a certain extent but still unacceptably quiet. Folk in BF2 including myself trying to get an atmosphere going before just dying out.

We must've been at a different game then!? You made me genuinely doubt myself, so I went back and listened to the Heart and Hand post-match pod.

Edgar says: "I was Dynamo Kiev in 87, I was at Leeds in 92 and I was at Parma in 1999 but I have to say I am going to add that to the craziest, wildest nights category because Ibrox was rocking, and rocking in a way that was just perfect."

So it's clearly not just me...

Agreed. Early season optimism is gone.

Give yourself a shake man FFS.

It's low key because at our last major game at Ibrox we failed to turn up and lost to a poor Celtic team. However, aside from winning trophies and progressing in Europe, the bigger games at Ibrox are usually a season highlight and tomorrow night is one of those that can change the whole demeanour of the team and the fans.

I want us to win every game but getting to the europa league was vital and whatever happens in it is a bonus. 3points on Sunday is more important.

I've read folk wanting a reserve team out so the players are fresh for St Johnstone on Sunday.

3 points behind with 33 games to play and folk are panicking already.

I hope the players are more composed and a bit more confident than some of the fans.
I don't think they are panicking but league is our ONLY priority this season. This Europa League is in effect just a money spinner. St J game is more important than tomorrow.

Maybe because we got to this stage last year there is s feeling of having already reached this level. Excitement may rise as we get nearer the business end of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back