Subway Loyal

Aye just maybe 30,000 people have better things to do in that precious 15 minutes.

Weird that we easily have the biggest percentage of a football crowd anywhere in the UK that has urgent business in the last 15 minutes of a football match.
It doesn't even matter what day or time that happens to be either.
You get it at many crowds at games in the UK, it's not exclusive to Ibrox. If people want to leave early that's their personal choice and business, nothing to do with you,me or anyone else and tbh I don't see why people get wound up about it.

The early leaving at Ibrox is beyond farcical.

It's both pathetic and embarrassing in equal measure.

These people turn up, contribute absolutely nothing to the atmosphere, never lift the team and then start fucking off from 70 mins onwards. And, as we know, some from half time ffs !!

The state of stadium at full time us utterly embarrassing.

Our new players in particular must be absolutely bemused by it.

NO other home support in football leaves early like us.

I wish Beale would call it out.
Don’t just spout random pish like that to reinforce a point. How the hell can you know what folk do during a game before leaving at whatever time they leave at.
Jesus what a load of bollocks.

Don’t just spout random pish like that to reinforce a point. How the hell can you know what folk do during a game before leaving at whatever time they leave at.
Jesus what a load of bollocks.
If you go to Ibrox you know that for 95% of games the ONLY noise and support comes from a couple of the BF sections.

The rest of the stadium is generally silent throughout. That cannot be denied.

If you go to Ibrox you know that for 95% of games the ONLY noise and support comes from a couple of the BF sections.

So how is that linked to people leaving early?
The fact is Ibrox is a library bar 1 section. It has been for decades now.
But “these people” contribute just the same as 90% of the stadium.

Everyone chooses to do what they do and no amount of complaining on FF will change that. There’s a thread on it in the lounge. Who cares if fans piss off early from a game in shitty weather against shitty opposition in shitty circumstances. They’ve paid their money and have turned up which is more than a considerable amount. We have a tremendous support when the chips are down and are there when we are needed most. It’s just a fact of life that fans will leave for their own reasons when we’re playing against dross.

It's embarrassing IMO. Must have less than 10k in at the final whistle. You simply don't see it at any other grounds, watching match of the day just now, every stadium still packed at the final whistle.
Exactly.

Other clubs with big stadiums manage to stay pretty full until the final whistle.

We are unique when it comes to the percentage of the stadium left at the final whistle. By far the worst.

The early leaving excuses get worse every season.

I’ve said this before and made myself unpopular with a few: the only buses that have any real form of excuse for needing to get away ASAP are the NI buses needing to head for the boat. And with the boat times today, the pressure was off. I saw the final whistle and power walked from CF4 to Helen St and our bus pulled out after 5.15 with no fuss.

Still 30mins before getting home here. I hope the pints or whatever it is are worth it to anyone, it’s not my idea and nobody is put under any undue pressure on the buses I go on that have travel deadlines to make. Other bus convenors must have to be home before their dinner gets fed to the dog or they’re on a promise?
Now an 8.30pm boat? Was last week.

Folk leave early all the time.

Some left at half time

I prefer watching the game to its conclusion. Others prefer the pub.
The pub doesn't leave, it'll still be there when the final whistle blows

I stayed til full time.
Attended to a boy in CD4 who was a bit worse for wear until the proper first aid arrived.
Walked to Grapes.
Had a couple of drinks, got a couple of cans for the journey home.

Walked in my front door at 6.30.

I just don't get leaving early for a pint, we all still get one regardless of when we leave the stadium.

Laughable absolutely laughable
Do you think the same people would ever leave a cinema before the credits or a gig before the encore?

Maybe they would, but it's definitely something that most of notice and question. If other clubs of a similar size can be shown to have a similar number of fans leaving, then it's fair enough. If it looks like our fans leave earlier, and in more numbers, then that's worth pondering why.

Most of the support was on Stena today and that was 8:30. P&O was 8:00 and that was no bother today either, a near half hour stop in Girvan included.
The new time of 8.30 for the Stena is welcome. Although the wives of some clubs were asking where their men were due to not being in at the usual time :))

We can see out the game and forget about racing down the road for a 7.30 sailing. Big win.

Leaving early is for the YT, it’s almost a badge of honour how early you can leave and still get the bus back. Pub and pasty’s before 45.

The middle aged cunts who get parked up 3 hours before KO just to %^*& off early so they can tell their barren wives they beat the crowd can suck a limp dick,as limp as their own.

Everyone else who leaves early is sound. Think that covers all bases.

/thread

If someone can't go 90 minutes without a drink then that's a serious problem.
On the one hand I can completely understand why British attitudes towards alcohol sees people restrict access to it in certain events, but on the other I think that banning it encourages people to get more tanked up than they might if they were allowed access. People who go to the theatre or the rugby and can't last 90 minutes without a drink would also be indicative of a serious problem for some, but most see it as enhancing the experience.

You get it at many crowds at games in the UK, it's not exclusive to Ibrox. If people want to leave early that's their personal choice and business, nothing to do with you,me or anyone else and tbh I don't see why people get wound up about it.
Nobody's claiming it's exclusive to Ibrox, but there are none worse than Ibrox.

It's not a great look or something to be proud of.

The pub doesn't leave, it'll still be there when the final whistle blows

I stayed til full time.
Attended to a boy in CD4 who was a bit worse for wear until the proper first aid arrived.
Walked to Grapes.
Had a couple of drinks, got a couple of cans for the journey home.

Walked in my front door at 6.30.

I just don't get leaving early for a pint, we all still get one regardless of when we leave the stadium.
Irrelevant to me. I stay to the end and go home.

Plenty leave for a pint.

I don't

Nowt you or I can do about it.

The excuses and justifications for only around 10,000-15,000 max being left at the end of games at Ibrox are becoming more laughable and embarrassing by the week.

SOME will have genuine reasons, but not over 35,000 ffs. It simply doesn't happen elsewhere.
The worse support in Scotland for fleeing the stadium. Winlose or draw.

99 % to either get home earlier or to get a pint earlier. The club should call them out.

Do you think the same people would ever leave a cinema before the credits or a gig before the encore?

Maybe they would, but it's definitely something that most of notice and question. If other clubs of a similar size can be shown to have a similar number of fans leaving, then it's fair enough. If it looks like our fans leave earlier, and in more numbers, then that's worth pondering why.
Those that leave feel it's part of their pre match ritual.

See how quick they can get home rather than support the team for 90mins

It's humiliating tbh.

Not sure what was going on today but.
Stayed to the end as usual, GF4 was busier leaving than normal
Road home was mental.
Roadworks on PRW. But up and onto the 77 was carnage.
An hour and a half to get home last night.
Was happy to get to the club for a large hauf.

The only good atmospheres at Ibrox are when we have "big" game. Rest of the time it is shite to be brutally honest.

Rangers are supported well in numbers but atmosphere wise we are miles behind a lot of what people would class as smaller clubs in Europe.

The new time of 8.30 for the Stena is welcome. Although the wives of some clubs were asking where their men were due to not being in at the usual time :))

We can see out the game and forget about racing down the road for a 7.30 sailing. Big win.
Do you know if this 8:30 sailing time is being made permanent mate?

Not sure what was going on today but.
Stayed to the end as usual, GF4 was busier leaving than normal
Road home was mental.
Roadworks on PRW. But up and onto the 77 was carnage.
An hour and a half to get home last night.
Was happy to get to the club for a large hauf.
There’s people in our section that I seriously wonder why they bother shelling out the cash for a season ticket.

Everyone chooses to do what they do and no amount of complaining on FF will change that. There’s a thread on it in the lounge. Who cares if fans piss off early from a game in shitty weather against shitty opposition in shitty circumstances. They’ve paid their money and have turned up which is more than a considerable amount. We have a tremendous support when the chips are down and are there when we are needed most. It’s just a fact of life that fans will leave for their own reasons when we’re playing against dross.
There should be a facility whereby you scan your season ticket card at full time. Those that fuc off at 80 minutes should not be given any prominence in ticket allocation

The only good atmospheres at Ibrox are when we have "big" game. Rest of the time it is shite to be brutally honest.

Rangers are supported well in numbers but atmosphere wise we are miles behind a lot of what people would class as smaller clubs in Europe.
Big games are poor anaw compared to years gone by , suppose they’ll be good depending on what age people are

Dont get why folk get angry about this. U pay ur money the club gets it, leave when u want. People come from all parts of the UK, it can save u a good few hours leaving a few minutes early.

There should be a facility whereby you scan your season ticket card at full time. Those that fuc off at 80 minutes should not be given any prominence in ticket allocation

Nice idea in theory but would be carnage and a massive safety issue when put into practice. 45-50k queueing to leave the stadium at the same time? Not like when folks enter the stadium as everyone doesn't turn up at the same time.

Dont get why folk get angry about this. U pay ur money the club gets it, leave when u want. People come from all parts of the UK, it can save u a good few hours leaving a few minutes early.
Because people are forever shouting about “best fans in the world” but can’t spend 90 minutes once a week at Ibrox. I’ve been to football across the country, the UK and Europe and I’ve never seen it anywhere near as bad anywhere else than Ibrox. I’d love Beale to ask fans to stay with the team tbh.

Big games are poor anaw compared to years gone by , suppose they’ll be good depending on what age people are

Yes, I suppose it is all relative but Leipzig last season was the best atmosphere I've experienced.

Games against the mentally challengeds have been watered down and becoming tame. The allocation cut hasn't helped.

Just my opinion as a semi regular through the last 15 years

Agreed.

Raskin has just arrived from Liege.

I can tell you - and you probably know anyway - that their home atmosphere is generally better than Ibrox for most games. Wouldn't be difficult mind you !

Kudos to the guy getting up to leave and stand in front of me as Ross County had another dangerous set piece. He clearly wasn’t in a hurry though as he ambled past.

That said in my part of the CF, pretty much everyone was standing during injury time and no one left - it was like there had been a saturation point for leaving.

Agreed.

Raskin has just arrived from Liege.

I can tell you - and you probably know anyway - that their home atmosphere is generally better than Ibrox for most games. Wouldn't be difficult mind you !

GB have a thing with Ultras Inferno from Standard Liege, so yes their atmosphere is shite.

Because people are forever shouting about “best fans in the world” but can’t spend 90 minutes once a week at Ibrox. I’ve been to football across the country, the UK and Europe and I’ve never seen it anywhere near as bad anywhere else than Ibrox. I’d love Beale to ask fans to stay with the team tbh.
People have lives outside football. Its fine if u stay in Glasgow but not everyone who goes to games lives within a 5 mile radius. If i wait till the end it can make the difference of at least 2 hours.

Back