Subway Loyal

The football at Ibrox has been dire for a long time now. Can't criticise anyone for not staying until the end with the quality on show.

I left the game yesterday80mins reason being my goal was to go to the game following emergency abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago and I did not want to be jostled and pushed in the subway first time ever leaving early in x amount of years, I was delighted to achieve y goal, please don't put every one in a category as their could be extenuating circumstances
You left at the peak of the usual rush for the exits. So running the greatest risk of being jostled and pushed etc. If you had stayed until the final whistle, even a few mins afterwards to applaud the players off the pitch, then casually made your way to the exits, you may have found the crowds outside were already begining thin down.

Always stay to the final whistle. Do not understand the exodus at all.
Was speaking to many on the ferry to Belfast night that went to the louden at half time. One even went to the Louden after 25 mins.
What is the point in putting yourself through the travel to go and sit in the pub. Could just stay home and go to a local.

for everyone that supports the right for someone to leave early, what if every single person in the ground did so on 75 mins, leaving a completely empty stadium?

would that still be ok or would it be utterly mortifying?

like everything else these days, it’s just people being selfish and a belief that there’s no wider consequences to their personal behaviour

You left at the peak of the usual rush for the exits. So running the greatest risk of being jostled and pushed etc. If you had stayed until the final whistle, even a few mins afterwards to applaud the players off the pitch, then casually made your way to the exits, you may have found the crowds outside were already begining thin

Yesterday was possibly the worst I have experienced getting away from Ibrox, accident on the M77 which gridlocked the place, just about made the 8.30pm.boat home.

for everyone that supports the right for someone to leave early, what if every single person in the ground did so on 75 mins, leaving a completely empty stadium?

would that still be ok or would it be utterly mortifying?

like everything else these days, it’s just people being selfish and a belief that there’s no wider consequences to their personal behaviour

There’s relatively recent evidence to suggest we’d win the league if the stadium was empty. :))

You left at the peak of the usual rush for the exits. So running the greatest risk of being jostled and pushed etc. If you had stayed until the final whistle, even a few mins afterwards to applaud the players off the pitch, then casually made your way to the exits, you may have found the crowds outside were already begining thin down.
That’s just not true, at 80 there are people leaving but it you stay until the end you are gridlocked on the stairways jostling to get out.

Why do people lie to suit their narrative?

The football at Ibrox has been dire for a long time now. Can't criticise anyone for not staying until the end with the quality on show.
It's been that way when we were playing some belting football as well.

It's truly baffling to me. Is there another team in Britain that empties out the stadium as heavily as we do? Genuinely? I know every game has fans leaving early, but on the sheer scale of us? I think it's just been passed down over time and it's just kept going and going. Only explanation. I know ones on here and elsewhere can say they have work or have to get back home etc which is fine, there's always those instances, but literally 80% of the stadium? EVERY match bar an OF or European game? Nah.

With the amount of people on this thread purporting to religiously stay to the final whistle and beyond, I cannot see how there would be an empty stadium.
Maybe the part timers are finding it difficult to justify why they leave early. To avoid the rush they say. But they are the rush.

They are just displacing a normal 90min+ mass exit with a 75min+ mass exit.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
I would like the Club to carry out a survey about people's leaving times and the reason for not staying to the end of the game.Threads like this always degenerate in to a slagging match.Me and my pals always stay to the end but we live in the Glasgow area and usually head to the pub.I get it if people are traveling distances and have to get away sharp to get train and bus connections but it seems like far too many leave for everyone to be trying to catch a bus in time.There must be a range of reasons for doing this.Surely not everyone is trying to beat "the rush".

Ofcourse, everyone is entitled to leave when they want. It common practice for the majority to leave early. It looks terrible and I'm sure the players are aware of it.

Preferably, it would be better if those tickets went to folk who actually want to stay and support the team for the full game.

That’s just not true, at 80 there are people leaving but it you stay until the end you are gridlocked on the stairways jostling to get out.

unless, as was suggested by the poster, you stay in your seat until the gridlock is dispersed

45000 at k.o. 5000 with 10 minutes to go not great in anybody’s books.
Yesterday wasn’t as bad as it has been in the past. Its still pathetic the amount leaving early, but I thought yesterday that the Stands weren’t as empty as usual.

Im sure I remember Gerrard calling the fans out on it, nothing changed and don’t expect it to.
As much as we all love Rangers, 2 games a season against Ross County at Ibrox is on nobody’s ‘can’t wait for that game’ list

Cantwell and Raskin must have looked round and wonderd what the fcuk was happening.

99% of the stadium sat in silence during the game and then only around 10,000 left at the final whistle.

Must be thinking that the whole Rangers fans/atmosphere thing is a myth - which it largely is for home games.

unless, as was suggested by the poster, you stay in your seat until the gridlock is dispersed
He said 80 minutes was the busiest time to leave and suggested the final whistle was better, clearly isn’t true.

I’m always one of the last to leave.

The stairs and concourse are almost deserted.

I would probably save about 10 minutes if I fucked off a few minutes earlier.

I’ve never missed a goal in my entire adult life.
I think that outweighs any advantage of getting a pint 10 minutes earlier.

Back when I was married you had to drag me out the stadium screaming.

Cantwell and Raskin must have looked round and wonderd what the fcuk was happening.

99% of the stadium sat in silence during the game and then only around 10,000 left at the final whistle.

Must be thinking that the whole Rangers fans/atmosphere thing is a myth - which it largely is for home games.
A but like pretty much every home team up and down the country unless it’s a ‘big game’

If it bothers you that much you should something to people at the game instead of greeting on here like a blouse.

I’m always one of the last to leave.

The stairs and concourse are almost deserted.

I would probably save about 10 minutes if I fucked off a few minutes earlier.

I’ve never missed a goal in my entire adult life.
I think that outweighs any advantage of getting a pint 10 minutes earlier.

Back when I was married you had to drag me out the stadium screaming.
Good for you.

The fact remains that if you leave at the full time whistle the stairways are busy and you’re jostling for position (I know because I’m one of the ones doing it) and at 80 minutes you can walk straight out.

The opposite of the claim being made.

Yes, I’m sure that’s what they’re thinking.

They will have been. It won't have gone unnoticed. Probably have never experienced anything as extreme as that. 10,000 fans left at the end of a game from a crowd of 49,000. It's not normal.
50,000 moaning is still superior to anything at Carrow Road. I always refer back to Spartak Moscow fan footage, shit game, shit atmosphere yet for them in that wee corner it was bedlam hearing us sigh and groan and occasionally cheer a corner.
It’s not a great atmosphere but it’s not as bad as being made out. Nor will new players have it on their radar

UB front and centre is the only way of spreading the noise

Good for you.

The fact remains that if you leave at the full time whistle the stairways are busy and you’re jostling for position (I know because I’m one of the ones doing it) and at 80 minutes you can walk straight out.

The opposite of the claim being made.
I wasn’t disputing your claim.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
customers mate, nothing more, just customers

Don’t just spout random pish like that to reinforce a point. How the hell can you know what folk do during a game before leaving at whatever time they leave at.
Jesus what a load of bollocks.
Was going to say pretty much this. My travel, circumstances. Personally choices are mine. I sometimes stay to the end, sometimes leave early and to be honest it doesn’t bother me what others do, what does amuse me is why other people care what I do. And not to ruin the OP point, I do t use the subway or drink after the game!

No they never, ffs. :D :D

Folk greeting about others leaving is bad enough without numerous folk manufacturing scenarios in their mind as some kind of guilt trip.
Is that MoodyBlue’s current incarnation? That’s the weird shit he used to do.

Let’s also ignore the fact that Cantwell played at Ibrox last week, unless the poster thinks he’s been musing over it all week.

The players should focus on the game, not getting exasperated by someone in the back of the Club Deck leaving.
But it isn't just someone at the back of the CD. It's half the CD.
If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the "away day" cheerleaders who will trot out the "the team need our support" in justifying giving other clubs (who hate us and did their utmost to destroy us us) millions per season.
Maybe the team should focus on the game at away grounds and save you a fortune.
The real problem, I suspect, is supporting Rangers on their day out is something of a side issue.
Ibrox half empty at full time is embarrassing. The reasons people trot out to justify their desertion is equally embarrassing.

"at least 2 hours" ??!

I find that difficult to believe in all honesty.
Depends where he is travelling too, I get the two hours won’t be outside the ground but I drive back to Wales and it’s different bits of the journey that add on during that 6 hour drive and a kick up at the stadium adds to that.
Don’t drive back after every game BTW it’s a rare occasion for work reasons and I do leave 5/10 minutes early on those occasions.

Im sure I remember Gerrard calling the fans out on it, nothing changed and don’t expect it to.
As much as we all love Rangers, 2 games a season against Ross County at Ibrox is on nobody’s ‘can’t wait for that game’ list
It depends on your perspective. Almost every game for some of us is, and always has been, a “can’t wait”. I’ve done almost 50 years of it. Although recent disability means I now have to apply for an Access Pass before I can even get into the stadium again.

But staying for the 90 was almost never an issue, regardless of the opposition, even when my mobility was seriously deteriorating. Watching the Rangers for an entire game for some of us is not a chore. It’s a privilege.

Was going to say pretty much this. My travel, circumstances. Personally choices are mine. I sometimes stay to the end, sometimes leave early and to be honest it doesn’t bother me what others do, what does amuse me is why other people care what I do. And not to ruin the OP point, I do t use the subway or drink after the game!
I stay til the end I would say 99% of the time, but the traffic around Ibrox can be horrendous at times. Never had to get the subway myself thankfully or a supporters bus. Don’t drink either so I don’t understand the pub culture associated with football.
But each to their own

Back