Subway Loyal

The subway loyal are a totally embarrassing part of the support if you could actually call them supporters at all. I wish they would just stay away from Ibrox completely rather than turning up for 75 minutes.

the queue for the subway isn’t dramatically bigger after 90. It doesn’t take that long , before you know it you’re in the subway heading home having just watched a full game of football rather than their bizarre version of a game of football over 75 minutes. As I said just stay away or go and watch rugby the perfect sport for them as it’s played over 80 minutes or even better hockey which is 70 minutes.

Rangers have plenty of spectators but not necessarily fans. Ibrox is the worst major ground in the UK for early leavers. Embarrassing.

‘We are the people’? It’s actually bravado and arguably nonsense in this context, I’m sad to say.
Spot on I cringe when players especially newer ones turn round to applaud the fans only to met with a few stragglers and rows of empty sears, up there with HT booing for me

Don’t understand it myself, even the 5 minutes before half time to beat the queue for a pie or a piss. Folk near me are out their seats 2/3 times throughout the game not including half time

Cantwell and Raskin must have looked round and wonderd what the fcuk was happening.

99% of the stadium sat in silence during the game and then only around 10,000 left at the final whistle.

Must be thinking that the whole Rangers fans/atmosphere thing is a myth - which it largely is for home games.
While the games playing you think players are looking around thinking what’s happening where’s everyone going?

Hahaha

It must have an effect on the players, busting a gut only to look up at half empty stands,I find by staying to the end and walking back to the car the majority of the traffic is away and its not too much of a hassle getting home...it used to be the 80 min loyal now you see "fans" leaving at 75 mins to beat the rush......

So it's dire for a long time. They still go back. Leave the ground before the match finishes because it's dire again.
Have you thought this through?
Now filed under "embarrassing excuses".
They can fuckin leave whenever they want. They paid their money. Its as black and white as that.

It must have an effect on the players, busting a gut only to look up at half empty stands,I find by staying to the end and walking back to the car the majority of the traffic is away and its not too much of a hassle getting home...it used to be the 80 min loyal now you see "fans" leaving at 75 mins to beat the rush......
Same mate, my boy and his pal got out the stadium just after 5pm last night, walked back to the car, dropped his pal off and we were home for bang on 6pm, we live in NL.

I don't get it, especially on a Saturday at 3pm, I can understand if it's midweek though, guy next to me leaves at 60 minutes most weeks to go the louden, what's the point? Waste of a ticket.

It's been that way when we were playing some belting football as well.

It's truly baffling to me. Is there another team in Britain that empties out the stadium as heavily as we do? Genuinely? I know every game has fans leaving early, but on the sheer scale of us? I think it's just been passed down over time and it's just kept going and going. Only explanation. I know ones on here and elsewhere can say they have work or have to get back home etc which is fine, there's always those instances, but literally 80% of the stadium? EVERY match bar an OF or European game? Nah.
I don't know or care tbh.

I stayed until the end as usual and was thinking about heading before the Ross County equaliser because the game was fuckin shite. I imagine many others had the same thought.

But it isn't just someone at the back of the CD. It's half the CD.
If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the "away day" cheerleaders who will trot out the "the team need our support" in justifying giving other clubs (who hate us and did their utmost to destroy us us) millions per season.
Maybe the team should focus on the game at away grounds and save you a fortune.
The real problem, I suspect, is supporting Rangers on their day out is something of a side issue.
Ibrox half empty at full time is embarrassing. The reasons people trot out to justify their desertion is equally embarrassing.
A cheerleader!? :D

I champion supporters going to follow their team whereas others have some idea in their heads that supporters shouldn't and Scottish football will die etc. which is utter nonsense.

I also champion that supporters can leave Ibrox whenever they want or (as much as it's not for me) stay long after the final whistle and act like a cheerleader....:p

Question - if someone maybe in the front row leaves early along with the mass exodus, do you all think it would be acceptable to maybe take their seat? Hardly coming back to reclaim it are they

Always stay to the final whistle. Do not understand the exodus at all.
Was speaking to many on the ferry to Belfast night that went to the louden at half time. One even went to the Louden after 25 mins.
What is the point in putting yourself through the travel to go and sit in the pub. Could just stay home and go to a local.
You’ll always get a certain element of that with the ‘once a season casuals’ who I suspect half the time are just looking an excuse for a drinking session. I know a boy who went to Ibrox for the first time and was refused entry to the game for being too far gone. Lucky he wasn’t lifted entirely.

It’s embarrassing. I don’t care what anyone thinks.

As for ‘the game is crap so I left’ - embarrassing and makes folks sound utterly entitled. Don’t like what I’ve just said? Bad luck you’re having.

Question - if someone maybe in the front row leaves early along with the mass exodus, do you all think it would be acceptable to maybe take their seat? Hardly coming back to reclaim it are they
When I had my own ST seat near the back in CR5, I used to have to make my way closer to the front as it got into injury time as I couldn’t get caught after that for getting to the bus. With a very rare exception I could always get a seat on the aisle right at the bottom of the staircase so as soon as the whistle went it was out.

This has been going on at most home games since I first started attending in 1968.
I remember I used to make my way round from the Shed (later Centenary Stand) to the West Terrace with about 5 minutes to go, to allow a quick getaway down the stairs at the final whistle (Old Firm games excepted of course, we went the other way on those days). Many used to do the same, but I can only recall smallish numbers heading out of the ground early. The occasional bad defeat, like Gornik for example, was an exception.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
Its an utter joke mate.

Staying to the end isn't super staunch, making a thread about how you stayed while other people left is.
It is a talking point, mate.
There is absolutely no point in denying that.

Nearly everything we discuss on this planet is “none of our business”.

It’s extremely naïve to think it shouldn’t be discussed, particularly since we are one of the worst supports in the UK for it, if not the worst.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:

2hrs to anywhere in Scotland? Lol. It takes me over 2hrs by public transport just to get home 50miles to Edinburgh.

Seems to me that increasing ticket prices would help with this - if people prefer the pub it would soon help them make their mind up.

A tenner a skull for every home game would be another 6-7M in the transfer kitty after VAT.
So your suggestion for preventing an exodus around the 75+ minute mark is to increase the ST price to the tune of around £200?

:))

It is a talking point, mate.
There is absolutely no point in denying that.

Nearly everything we discuss on this planet is “none of our business”.

It’s extremely naïve to think it shouldn’t be discussed, particularly since we are one of the worst supports in the UK for it, if not the worst.
People exercising their right to leave early for a multitude of reasons isn't much of a talking especially after about a couple of hundred identical threads over the years. Do you have anything to confirm that we are the worst in the UK for leaving early?

People exercising their right to leave early for a multitude of reasons isn't much of a talking especially after about a couple of hundred identical threads over the years. Do you have anything to confirm that we are the worst in the UK for leaving early?
Do you think other clubs have the same numbers leaving early?

55 was won playing in an empty stadium

Do you think the number of fans still inside the stadium in our game is unusually lower (proportionately as well) than equivalent clubs in other European leagues/further down the division?
I'm not sure, tbh. I imagine that most clubs will have a number of supporters who will leave a match before the final whistle for a variety of reasons.

A cheerleader!? :D

I champion supporters going to follow their team whereas others have some idea in their heads that supporters shouldn't and Scottish football will die etc. which is utter nonsense.

I also champion that supporters can leave Ibrox whenever they want or (as much as it's not for me) stay long after the final whistle and act like a cheerleader....:p
I champion supporters that support the club. This will include backing the team whether the straits be broad or narrow for the full duration of the game. I don't consider leaving the stadium whenever you want (why would you want to leave?) before the end of the game to be supporting the team. Being a supporter requires you to have a shared commitment with the team. For many who attend Ibrox that commitment simply isn't there. Followers? maybe, supporters? never. To shrug your shoulders and say "I can leave whenever i want" only confirms that they do not identify with the collective.

sure Inverness bus will disagree

I'm not sure, tbh. I imagine that most clubs will have a number of supporters who will leave a match before the final whistle for a variety of reasons.
It's hard to be sure on anything like this but do you think that more people would stay if their buses didn't have sharp cut off times to leave, people could drink or buy beer in the stadium?

10 mygers points for attending, deduction of 5 mygers points for early leavers with biometric scanners at the exit should sort it.

Ok Batman, Elgin in 2 hours? Tell me how.

It's hard to be sure on anything like this but do you think that more people would stay if their buses didn't have sharp cut off times to leave, people could drink or buy beer in the stadium?
Yes and yes. However RSCs and drinking are only some of the factors folk leave early. Loads will leave due to commitments outwith football or that they are bored stiff watching a lot of our games.

I champion supporters that support the club. This will include backing the team whether the straits be broad or narrow for the full duration of the game. I don't consider leaving the stadium whenever you want (why would you want to leave?) before the end of the game to be supporting the team. Being a supporter requires you to have a shared commitment with the team. For many who attend Ibrox that commitment simply isn't there. Followers? maybe, supporters? never. To shrug your shoulders and say "I can leave whenever i want" only confirms that they do not identify with the collective.
Not it doesn't, it means supporters who pay their hard earned can make a choice game to game. Where do you hold your season ticket at Ibrox? As next Sunday I'll watch out for the fracas as you stop and berate any early leavers.

Proportionally I'd say every big side was the same.

It's really not though. I went to a run of the mill Arsenal game against Brentford last season and when I left at 85 minutes the stairwells/concourses/outside were completely dead bar a few folk. Leave at that time at Ibrox and you'd be forgiven for thinking the game was done.

Back