Subway Loyal

Do you think the same people would ever leave a cinema before the credits or a gig before the encore?

Maybe they would, but it's definitely something that most of notice and question. If other clubs of a similar size can be shown to have a similar number of fans leaving, then it's fair enough. If it looks like our fans leave earlier, and in more numbers, then that's worth pondering why.
This.

Each to their own, indeed, but leaving early is a phenomenon far more prominent at Ibrox than at grounds with comparable attendances.

I still cringe at the memory of having the piss taken out of our claimed 'loyalty' years ago by drinkers in a pub in England who were watching a game at Ibrox and were thoroughly unimpressed by the exodus. The only reason I could offer was that, perhaps, a higher percentage of our support than in others travelled from afar and had transport connections to make that would get them home at a decent hour.

Our support is fantastic in so many respects. Staying the 90 minutes at Ibrox is not one of them.

Last edited:
People have lives outside football. Its fine if u stay in Glasgow but not everyone who goes to games lives within a 5 mile radius. If i wait till the end it can make the difference of at least 2 hours.
I’ve never, ever been stuck in the footprint of the stadium for 2 hours.

Do Rangers fans have a bigger % of workers in the support? I doubt it. Yet here we are. It’s a bigger problem at Ibrox than anywhere else in my experience.

People have lives outside football. Its fine if u stay in Glasgow but not everyone who goes to games lives within a 5 mile radius. If i wait till the end it can make the difference of at least 2 hours.
That excuse doesn’t wash when everyone can manage the full game against the bheasts. It is what it is, folk can’t be arsed against certain opposition and can’t wait to get away.

"at least 2 hours" ??!

I find that difficult to believe in all honesty.

This debate always ends up the same on here.
1.The people who find it bizarre at one extreme or are completely enraged by it vs
2.The people who think it is the paying customers right or it just doesn’t bother them.

I am in category 1 at the bizarre end.
Mostly because I wonder sometimes why some people bother.
The guy next to me is often late and most often away by the 70 min.
He probably effectively pays 25% more for the football he watches than I do.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
Nonsense.

Dont get why folk get angry about this. U pay ur money the club gets it, leave when u want. People come from all parts of the UK, it can save u a good few hours leaving a few minutes early.
It’s nothing to do with money it’s about supporting the team.

Would you be happy if the team chucked it with 25 mins to go and the game in the balance?

Everyone that leaves early on days like today don’t seem to have an issue on old firm days or European nights.

This debate always ends up the same on here.
1.The people who find it bizarre at one extreme or are completely enraged by it vs
2.The people who think it is the paying customers right or it just doesn’t bother them.

I am in category 1 at the bizarre end.
Mostly because I wonder sometimes why some people bother.
The guy next to me is often late and most often away by the 70 min.
He probably effectively pays 25% more for the football he watches than I do.
You missed 3. Folk who leave early and are angry people have an opinion about what they do.

Guy in front of me left at half time. Many left at 75 mins . I find it bizarre but it’s up to the individual I suppose
Yep it's not just our club and it's not just a new thing it has been happening in all stadiums as long as I can remember,I hear people going on about this and I was following my team when we were down on our knees in the lower divisions half of the ones going on about fans leaving early stayed away then so give us peace.

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
Well said, to me the football seems an inconvenience to some. Some people in our row only see about 50 minutes each game. What is the point in coming.

It's been with us since Ibrox was rebuilt as a modern stadium - probably even longer, but just wasn't so obvious when we had standing crowds.

Does sees to be getting worse as each season passes, though.

Infuriates me if my view or peace is spoiled having to stand up for them but maybe they think about a different WATP.

We Are Travel Pessimists. Mustn't be 3 minutes late onto the M8. That'd never do Farquhar. Seventy Five, time to drive.

The fact we have such a high percentage of season ticket holders doesn’t help.

Clubs in England are full of day trippers out for a special day out. A lot of people going to our games take it for granted that they can come every other week.

Its pathetic. Every excuse under the sun followed by a claim to follow follow.

It’s nothing to do with money it’s about supporting the team.

Would you be happy if the team chucked it with 25 mins to go and the game in the balance?

Everyone that leaves early on days like today don’t seem to have an issue on old firm days or European nights.

Glory hunters.

Agree!
I had similar post chopped for some reason!

The fact we have such a high percentage of season ticket holders doesn’t help.

Clubs in England are full of day trippers out for a special day out. A lot of people going to our games take it for granted that they can come every other week.
I've said it before.

The whole ST culture at Ibrox has really had a negative impact on the matchday vibe and atmosphere.

It has created such a sterile environment.

Having such a high % of ST holders sitting in the same seats week in week out, getting too "comfy" is not conducive to a healthy atmosphere.

I've said it before.

The whole ST culture at Ibrox has really had a negative impact on the matchday vibe and atmosphere.

It has created such a sterile environment.

Having such a high % of ST holders sitting in the same seats week in week out, getting too "comfy" is not conducive to a healthy atmosphere.

Agreed. Time for rover tickets to make a comeback. You get a ticket for a stand such as CF, CR, BF, BR, GF, GR etc but you can move around within that section.

We need safe standing too as an absolute priority.

Agreed. Time for rover tickets to make a comeback. You get a ticket for a stand such as CF, CR, BF, BR, GF, GR etc but you can move around within that section.

We need safe standing too as an absolute priority.
I'd absolutely love that mate.

Don't care about folk wanting/needing to leave early for whatever reason. It's up to them and it doesn't affect me whether you are there or not.

What does annoy me and affect me is constantly having to stand to let folk past who want to leave early. I'm not the biggest lad in the world so your view is getting blocked and you can't see shit.

I do sometimes think to myself that I am lucky that the people constantly grazing up against to get by are not smelly bastards. Imagine having to go through that every game at the paedodome? I'd be spewing left right and centre

CF starts emptying around 70mins and its the same ones every time.Funny how none of them leave early when the filth come to Ibrox.Am delighted they miss goals.

Today I stayed til the end. I got home in 55 mins, I can do it in about 20 mins if I leave at 80 mins parking along at Copland hotel. It’s Saturday night people have plans etc after football childcare I suppose maybe?

Hardly a big drama. Never got why it bothers people that much, I pretty much attend every game rarely stay til the whistle.

You don't think it has a negative affect on the players? Certainly can't help. Must be pretty demoralising watching your own fans leave 20 minutes early in tight games. If it can have any impact on the outcome of our matches, even the smallest of percentages, I care and so should you.
If I’m honest I doubt the players notice mate, their focus is on the game also in no way I’m I defending it. Personally I don’t understand it, guys next to me used to think I left all the time until I told them I went over and sat beside my mate at HT if the seat beside was empty lol

Back