Subway Loyal

In my experience it's usually the type who constantly moan at the players and spend their 70 minutes telling people how little they know about football, so I'm not that bothered when they bugger off to hit the motorway or subway early. Gives me 20 minutes of peace from their verbal diarrhea.

I remember around 2000 there was a guy in the Copland Front who used to stand up and shout "IS THERE A FUCKING FIRE DOWN THERE, WHATS WAE THE EXODUS?"

The buses need to be told to do one when it comes to their ridiculous departure times. It's pathetic.

Last week against st Johnstone I left at full time, walked to the Albion and was out on the m8 within 5. Passed a supporters bus around Cumbernauld and couldn’t help but think that bus must have left before the game was over to be quicker than me.

This thread suggests season tickets should go up by a fair whack - they are obviously cheap enough for some people to buy on a whim - to dip in and out of games.

From my early days I’ve always stayed to the end. Thankfully. nearly all the guys, a mix of auld yins and mid -30’s always stay to the end. I’m in the Main Stand. However, I’ve noticed some of the 18-25 year olds a bit down from me tend to leave around 80th minute. Over the years there’s been some great goals scored after 90 minutes. Why miss out?

I stay till the end or leave at 88 if we are 3 or more up and have something to get back for. Its a bit weird how empty the stadium is at the end but people pay their money, its their choice. Moaning at them is pointless.

It also varies depending on the game. Hibs/sheep last season, celtic always, the europa games people stay til the end. Must be horses for courses for some.

Either way, when it comes down to it, who really cares.

I can understand boosting in stoppage time if we look comfortable enough tbh.

The 75-80 minute exodus is grim though. Does it happen at any other stadium?

I can understand boosting in stoppage time if we look comfortable enough tbh.

The 75-80 minute exodus is grim though. Does it happen at any other stadium?

Not to the same extent. The annoying thing
For me is that it is completely pre planned regardless of how the game is going. Bang on 70 a huge amount leave then again on 75 and 80. Also I can’t believe how many people leave at half time. When I look out the toilet window in club72 at half-time the walkway down to the subway/ louden is packed with people walking away. All so they can grab an extra pint.

People have lives outside football. It’s fine if u stay in Glasgow but not everyone who goes to games lives within a 5 mile radius. If i wait till the end it can make the difference of at least 2 hours.

I’ve been to hospitality numerous times. Ibrox is clear of all traffic well within an hour after the final whistle. You can get a taxi to pick you up from the front door. Staying an hour later only gets me in half an hour later than if I‘m in my normal seat.

The traffic is at its worst immediately after the final whistle with cars/buses trying to fight through thousands of fans walking on and crossing roads. When the roads are clear of pedestrians the traffic flows quicker.

The only folk that leave early in my row in CD6 do so to get their RSC bus.

If I remember rightly, three Rangers' managers in succession (Warburton, Caixhina and Gerrard) all mentioned the issue and said the player's found it demoralising. I'm not convinced about Gerrard but I think he mentioned it early on.

I really dislike the idea of telling people what to do when they have spent their money on a ticket but I do find it really hard to understand why you would spend the money on a season ticket, maybe get an average of two hours of football at Ibrox per week across the whole season, and miss 30 minutes of it to go to the pub or avoid a bit of traffic.

Could you not go to the pub or sit in the car a bit earlier in the other 166 hours?

That extra pint or getting home in time for Strictly is clearly move important to them than supporting their team.
When you break it down, that’s just it.

It’s actually become habitual - I think people now do it as they think it’s what needs to happen.

Wonder if anyone ever leaves then asks themselves “why did I leave early today?”

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:

It's very much a Scottish thing (particularly us and them).
It certainly doesn't happen in any English ground I've visited, or seen on TV.

Thousands upon thousands of supporters leaving early, despite their team winning, is as weird as it gets.

I can get that a few may need to leave early, for work, maybe a family issue, but certainly not 30k or more.

It’s actually become habitual - I think people now do it as they think it’s what needs to happen.

Wonder if anyone ever leaves then asks themselves “why did I leave early today?”

There is a father and son (in his 20s so not a child) sit behind me. Their discussions from half time are centred around when they are going to leave. Almost every week it is “right we’ll go at 85 minutes”. Depending on how the game is going it’s still generally around 75-80 mins they are off.

If I remember rightly, three Rangers' managers in succession (Warburton, Caixhina and Gerrard) all mentioned the issue and said the player's found it demoralising. I'm not convinced about Gerrard but I think he mentioned it early on.

I really dislike the idea of telling people what to do when they have spent their money on a ticket but I do find it really hard to understand why you would spend the money on a season ticket, maybe get an average of two hours of football at Ibrox per week across the whole season, and miss 30 minutes of it to go to the pub or avoid a bit of traffic.

Could you not go to the pub or sit in the car a bit earlier in the other 166 hours?
Pity these tickets can’t go to fans who would stay the full 90.

I left at 80, is that ok

Not having a direct go at you OAH but since you have been honest enough to admit it, why did you leave early and did you have somewhere to be ?

Usual 'but why, but why?' posters with their weepy nonsense.

People leave early for a variety of reasons from the game being shite, want to go for a beer to other commitments. No matter what, others will disagree with their justification.

Ultinately though, it's got sweet FA to do with anyone else. So as opposed to letting your emotions get the better of you about it just focus on the game, you all say you do ;)

I reckon its well over 50% of the crowd are gone or heading for the exits by the 85th minute. It looks terrible to be honest. Not sure how they are all managing to beat the traffic. I doubt they actually are.

In past years when I was living/working far from Glasgow (eg Highlands/Borders) getting to Ibrox was a struggle at times and often needed elaborate planning. But that was all the more reason to stay for the full game.

I didn’t see the point of spending almost half a day travelling from the likes of Dornoch just to walk out before the game finished. And still don’t see the point when back living in Glasgow. Although loyalty does seem to be a purely part time gig for some regardless of where they travel from.

Who actually cares we should be scudding the diddie teams in the league at Ibrox anytime they come regardless of the mass exodus at 75 mins onwards Ibrox is like a library anyways unless it’s europe or Celtic folk need to get a grip I genuinely don’t think the players care so why do folk make such a big deal plus some folk have transport they need to catch after the game also and getting out that bit earlier does them the world a good

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We q home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
That's not true at all.

Got to admit I was very surprised to see hoardes of people leaving before the team had finished celebrating the 2nd goal.

I knew people left early but I never knew it was 15-20 mins.

It’s always the same of threads like this. There is no correct answer. People are entitled to do what they want.
I personally always stay til the end, as a child and now with my child.
I have also watched games at Leeds and in Dortmand when living there and these stadiums are always fully supported until the end. I have never understood why the great Glasgow Rangers support is for 70 minutes.

As previous people have mentioned, maybe a scheme where your MyGer points are only activated for the game if you tap your card on the way out. After all MyGers points are what drives our supporters now.

Spot on, it must be exasperating for our players to watch the stadium start to empty well before the end. Funny that they seem to not have the urgent need to get home early if it's a Europa League semi final. And yes, the opposing fans and players do love it. We don't have a support, we have a following.

i’d start selling tickets, special limited merch, mygers points etc at randomly selected games after FT on the concourses without any prior notice other than a message over the tannoy at 90 mins - would soon change behaviours

Maybe it’s time that rangers installed readers in the concourses and around the outside of the stadium that are activated at 90 mins. A simple tap of the season card and you gain a few mygers points. Something needs to be tried
Ok, so I lose out on MyGers points because I actually have to leave midweek games early sometimes to make a nightshift?

Nah.

There have been threads on Follow Follow about this as long as Follow Follow has been around, the term "Subway Loyal" has been around for as long. I cant see it ever changing at Ibrox or any other grounds.

Left leisurely at full time, 20 minutes in the queue for the subway, hardly the end of the world. If you leave 10 minutes early it usually takes the same amount of time anyway.
It would amaze the OP if he could see the amount of people who leave at half time. I go a walk from GR at half time and you can go outside. There are dozens walking towards the subway. I went down in August this season, a beautiful day, and there were hundreds leaving.

I left the game yesterday80mins reason being my goal was to go to the game following emergency abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago and I did not want to be jostled and pushed in the subway first time ever leaving early in x amount of years, I was delighted to achieve y goal, please don't put every one in a category as their could be extenuating circumstances

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
Ibrox is 10 minutes from the m77 and the m8 but it takes you best part of an hour to get onto them personally i think like most venues the infastructure is poor for getting in and out

Back