Subway Loyal

There's a gaggle of Fifers who sit about 4 abreast on the same row as us.

They always leave at HT to go to the pub before their bus drive home.

Sometimes, depending on how we are playing, they go to the pub even earlier.

Instead of making everyone leaving after full time scan, why not make those leaving before the 90th scan?
This talk is bordering on madness people have been leaving grounds early for years come to think when we were kicked down the divisions where were the staunch fans then I was sitting freezing my haw maws aff in mid week games then with 30 thousand at the games if we were lucky,it's a load load of guff,people can leave when they want whether it's right or wrong.

No doubt most of those that buggered off with 20 minutes to play probably recieved a cup final ticket

A awful lot of folk defending it are the same ones that “go everywhere”

So many use Rangers/football as an excuse to get on the bevy and a day out, they're not actually arsed about the football.

It certainly seems that way. Some of the excuses are pathetic.

I‘ve seen folk defending leaving early saying it’s been too sunny, too cold, I was hungry, my bus made me do it. Grown adults allegedly too.

A awful lot of folk defending it are the same ones that “go everywhere”

It certainly seems that way. Some of the excuses are pathetic.

I‘ve seen folk defending leaving early saying it’s been too sunny, too cold, I was hungry, my bus made me do it. Grown adults allegedly too.
Grown adults don’t need any excuse - they do whatever they like - that’s how life works!

Last edited:
i think the traffic certainly plays a part, but for me the amount of punters in the boozers as we walk along along the PRW after the match would suggest that a good percentage of folk leaving before the final whistle just want into the pub,

How many pubs are we talking about mate along PRW towards town from the stadium - 15?

I've never been in these pubs after a match so - on average - how many are in each pub - 100?

If those numbers are accurate then that is 1500 out of 30000 who have left early - that's what 5%?

My pub numbers may be way out so please correct me if am wrong.

I think traffic congestion and subway queues are by far the biggest factor. It is something that needs addressed.

Mind you if 1500 people can't go a couple of hours without a drink then they have a problem.

I think that is part of the problem.I walk down Paisley Road West after the game and traffic is pretty much at a standstill.I would like to see the Club aquire some plots of land for parking around 15 minute walk to the North,South,East and West of the Stadium.I am sure most people could manage that supplemented with shuttle buses for people with mobility issues.Add on a new railway station and with the subway already there I think this would help with the congestion.

A railway line has been talked about for years, certainly on here, wasn't it ruled out though either due to safety or not being economically viable?

As for acquiring plots of land - not sure what land could be used 15 mins walk in every direction from the stadium. I was thinking about some sort of agreement with Asda using their carpark but it is tough getting out of there at the best of times never mind match day. The other option is the Quay / Hot World buffet place.

There is possibly some unused land in Bellahouston Park or turning right from the Broomloan/Govan corner but other than that there are not many options.

We have supporters travelling on planes, ferries and long road journeys to get to Ibrox. A home game is a whole day out, perhaps even more.

Yet a lot of fans with G postcodes or in the surrounding areas cannot stay for 90 mins because it'll mean they're 15-20 mins later getting home on a Saturday evening.

Clearly whatever they have planned on a Saturday night is more important than supporting their team.

In all the times I have been to Ibrox I have probably only still been there for the full time whistle about 10% of the games.

I have no idea what happens at the girodome on 70 minutes but the extent of rush to the exits appears to be a very Rangers phenomenon.

We really need some 70 minute escapees to come on here and explain to the rest of us why they do it.
Watch sportscene the next time the rattlers are at home and you’ll see how empty it is before the end of the game - people who think this a Rangers thing are kidding themselves.

Not read any of the thread, but club should think of innovative ways of post match entertainment or even basic post match interviews from on the pitch (separate exclusive ones not for the TV) up on the big screen as an example

Watch sportscene the next time the rattlers are at home and you’ll see how empty it is before the end of the game - people who think this a Rangers thing are kidding themselves.
Never watch that lot on Sportscene but if true it is a very Glasgow phenomenon and more worrying that many of our lot have similar early dart traits to them.

Never watch that lot on Sportscene but if true it is a very Glasgow phenomenon and more worrying that many of our lot have similar early dart traits to them.
It’s not a Glasgow phenomenon either it happens all over Scotland - I’ve been down to Man City a few times with my son also happens there.

It’s a football thing.

How many pubs are we talking about mate along PRW towards town from the stadium - 15?

I've never been in these pubs after a match so - on average - how many are in each pub - 100?

If those numbers are accurate then that is 1500 out of 30000 who have left early - that's what 5%?

My pub numbers may be way out so please correct me if am wrong.

I think traffic congestion and subway queues are by far the biggest factor. It is something that needs addressed.

Mind you if 1500 people can't go a couple of hours without a drink then they have a problem.

A railway line has been talked about for years, certainly on here, wasn't it ruled out though either due to safety or not being economically viable?

As for acquiring plots of land - not sure what land could be used 15 mins walk in every direction from the stadium. I was thinking about some sort of agreement with Asda using their carpark but it is tough getting out of there at the best of times never mind match day. The other option is the Quay / Hot World buffet place.

There is possibly some unused land in Bellahouston Park or turning right from the Broomloan/Govan corner but other than that there are not many options.
There used to be a railway station at Ibrox which closed in 1967.If Glasgow CC are serious about reducing emissions they should get behind its reopening.I thought about Bellahouston Park as well.The Science Centre closes at 5pm so that might be an option for midweek games.I walk to Cessnock after most games and often the queue is small.I get in to town for 10.30 after midweek games.

There used to be a railway station at Ibrox which closed in 1967.If Glasgow CC are serious about reducing emissions they should get behind its reopening.I thought about Bellahouston Park as well.The Science Centre closes at 5pm so that might be an option for midweek games.I walk to Cessnock after most games and often the queue is small.I get in to town for 10.30 after midweek games.

Midweek games are a bugger - I've seen myself getting home at 11 from a 7:45 kick off and I stay at the Rangers end of Hampden.

Home for about 6:30 recently on Saturdays.

Both times above are if I park at the Ibrahim Masjid place.

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.851...13.175224&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192

If I park down at the Toll I can save up to 30-40 mins.

Train would be brilliant but Glasgow CC doing anything that makes life easier around Ibrox is unlikely.

Midweek games are a bugger - I've seen myself getting home at 11 from a 7:45 kick off and I stay at the Rangers end of Hampden.

Home for about 6:30 recently on Saturdays.

Both times above are if I park at the Ibrahim Masjid place.

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8510089,-4.2990704,3a,75y,322.88h,84.3t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sM6UWpKwv6C2CCEHIosoDeg!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=M6UWpKwv6C2CCEHIosoDeg&cb_client=search.revgeo_and_fetch.gps&w=96&h=64&yaw=13.175224&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192

If I park down at the Toll I can save up to 30-40 mins.

Train would be brilliant but Glasgow CC doing anything that makes life easier around Ibrox is unlikely.
Back in the day I lived in Croftfoot.I would walk down to the Toll and jump on the 66 which went up to Mount Florida.then get on another bus from there.Would also get the 34 from Mosspark Boulevard.I stay on the other side of the city now and on the rare occasion I take the car I park at Kelvinbridge and jump the subway.its a lot less stressful and quicker than parking near the Stadium imo.

it’s every fans right to leave whenever they want which I accept, many are trying to get out to beat traffic to get home, catch ferries etc and are all legitimate reasons. I think most fans will agree that it does kill the atmosphere near I g the end of the matches. Some folks leave that early mind you I often think it must feel like a bit of a waste of a game. I have to say when I see folks streaming out I’m always hoping for some late action and goals and the glee I feel knowing these folks have missed it gives me way more joy than it should LOL.

Would having more to do around Ibrox after the match encourage folks to mill about longer? Would that help stagger the traffic a bit perhaps. My boy is a rugby fan and I often go to Murrayfield with him when scotland are playing and I think they get it right the way they do it. They will often have entertainment after the game and of course there are vans selling alcohol and food. They shop tent is also open. I’m a disabled fan and I park right at Murrayfield so have to fight through traffic from the off but it feels a far easier journey out from the stadium and that’s despite Ibrox’s proximity to the motorway. I’d imagine the public transport would be similar in the sense that Murrayfield has trams and Ibrox has subway so not sure if fans on foot get away any quicker.

Yep, they are every bit as bad as us.

Don't see it anywhere else in Britain though, to near the same extent.
Happens here,happens at Man City as I said earlier been down there a few times,Anfield was empty long before the final whistle when we played them down there.

It happens everywhere.

Apart from the obvious the thing that annoys me is them going down the stairs as they block my view towards the Copland goalmouth which as you know 99.9% of games we are shooting towards.

Happens here,happens at Man City as I said earlier been down there a few times,Anfield was empty long before the final whistle when we played them down there.

It happens everywhere.

It 100% doesn't happen everywhere mate.

Cannot comment on Man City, but I've been to Elland Rd, Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, New Meadow, Turf Moor and Brunton Park over the past couple of seasons and you'll be lucky if even 10% of the stadium has left before full time.

I also notice on Match of the Day, when the full time whistle goes in matches, the vast majority of the support are still in their seats.

On Saturday at Ibrox, you'd be lucky if there was even 15k left in the stadium at full time.
The piggery is often the same.

It 100% doesn't happen everywhere mate.

Cannot comment on Man City, but I've been to Elland Rd, Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, New Meadow, Turf Moor and Brunton Park over the past couple of seasons and you'll be lucky if even 10% of the stadium has left before full time.

I also notice on Match of the Day, when the full time whistle goes in matches, the vast majority of the support are still in their seats.

On Saturday at Ibrox, you'd be lucky if there was even 15k left in the stadium at full time.
The piggery is often the same.

English football and the strange phenomenon of early-leaving syndrome​

Amy Lawrence
Contributor image for: Amy Lawrence

Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp is not alone in being surprised by fans leaving early, when surely the whole point of going to watch sport is the possibility of unlikely late twists.

It’s as bad in England as anywhere mate.

English football and the strange phenomenon of early-leaving syndrome​

Amy Lawrence
Contributor image for: Amy Lawrence

Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp is not alone in being surprised by fans leaving early, when surely the whole point of going to watch sport is the possibility of unlikely late twists.

It’s as bad in England as anywhere mate.

Absolutely nothing like Ibrox and the piggery mate, but we can agree to disagree.

On this thread alone we have a poster from Canada and @cambridgeblue who was in another stadium supporting another team on Saturday berating matchgoing fans at Ibrox.

Mental! :))

Yes - imagine not taking a 810 mile round trip last Saturday just to watch tossers leave at half time. I'm definitely not that staunch.

Perhaps that's where the frustration is - I would love to be able to go back to attending regularly - some don't realise what a gift it is to be able to live locally to your team.

I had to make do with Cambridge Utd - (where 99% of the fans stay until the end).

Last edited:
Yes - imagine not taking a 810 mile round trip last Saturday just to watch tossers leave at half time. I'm definitely not that staunch.

Perhaps that's where the frustration is - I would love to be able to go back to attending regularly - some don't realise what a gift it is to be able to live locally to your team.

I had to make do with Cambridge Utd - (where 99% of the fans stay until the end).
Well done for about all 50 of them

I'm surprised that the club hasn't seen this as an additional revenue stream opportunity for those that leave early - the half time match ticket (for sale on Seatsub).
Would be a great way to introduce kids to the game, especially when younger and they don't have a good attention span...give them a 45 min taster! Watching Rangers, the 2nd half tends to be the more exciting.

I have no idea what happens at the girodome on 70 minutes but the extent of rush to the exits appears to be a very Rangers phenomenon.

We really need some 70 minute escapees to come on here and explain to the rest of us why they do it.
Actually, they don't need to explain themselves to you or anyone else where does this entitlement come from here that some fans think they are better than others? All of these supporters that leave early has paid their money, they can leave when they want to

I know people that leave at half time or just after so they can go to the pub. Never understood why but each to their own.

In all the times I have been to Ibrox I have probably only still been there for the full time whistle about 10% of the games.
Not having a go at you,I am more interested in the reason people leave early.Is it work,traffic,pub,transport home etc.I had a discussion with a poster on here who said he left early because there was "no benefit" to stay to the final whistle and "no benefit" to leave either.I couldn't get my head round that one.

Not having a go at you,I am more interested in the reason people leave early.Is it work,traffic,pub,transport home etc.I had a discussion with a poster on here who said he left early because there was "no benefit" to stay to the final whistle and "no benefit" to leave either.I couldn't get my head round that one.
To beat the traffic if I have the car, if I leave at 83 minutes I can make it to my car for the full time whistle and GTF away onto the motorway.

If no car I like to walk to Cessnock underground station, again I leave 10 minutes before full time to avoid queues.

The 83rd minute is my leave time, that said if we are playing a big game that we are pushing for a goal then I will stay to full time.

Grown adults don’t need any excuse - they do whatever they like - that’s how life works!

I was at the B Team game last night, a small % of fans left before the final whistle. Nothing in comparison to what happens at Ibrox.

It appears these grown adults don’t actually go to see the outcome of the game, they just go to games out of habit.

PS we scored in the last minute of injury time to win 2-1 last night, stuff like that makes sitting to the cold bitter end worth going for.

I was at the B Team game last night, a small % of fans left before the final whistle. Nothing in comparison to what happens at Ibrox.

It appears these grown adults don’t actually go to see the outcome of the game, they just go to games out of habit.

PS we scored in the last minute of injury time to win 2-1 last night, stuff like that makes sitting to the cold bitter end worth going for.
I’m a season ticket holder for the B team stay to the end whenever I go,staunch aren’t we.

Still couldn’t care less what others do.

I know a group who travel on an RSC Bus and stay in The Louden all day, it's a day out for them
Same, I know people do this too. I love a day out as much as anyone but if you’re going to the game and you can stay to FT then stay, the pints will still be there after the games over.

I understand if the bus is leaving sharp but it’s still no excuse to leave at half time.

Now that is mental haha
What's mental is they have been doing it for about twenty years, their wives all think they are at the game and none of them have an ST
A great bunch of lads
One of them was telling me that they said they were going to Liverpool away and went to Blackpool
Once a year they go Golfing in Spain or Portugal and none of them own Clubs
in their 40s and have been mates from School. that's what you call pals :D

I’ll never understand it outwith evening games (before I was on a bus I had to leave early or miss the actual last train)

But don’t understand why people leave at 70 minutes on a Saturday it’s embarassing

All so a lot can get a bevvy presumably
Gotta get them grams in before everyone else

Back