Subway Loyal

I’m a season ticket holder for the B team stay to the end whenever I go,staunch aren’t we.

Still couldn’t care less what others do.

I hear the guys a couple of rows behind me every other week “thank fcuk that insufferable pr!ck has left early”, “we can now enjoy the rest of the game without his incessant whining”

Out of curiosity, Where is it you sit ?

Actually, they don't need to explain themselves to you or anyone else where does this entitlement come from here that some fans think they are better than others? All of these supporters that leave early has paid their money, they can leave when they want to

Only you are suggesting as sense of entitlement. Like others on here I would be interested to know why people leave way before the end.

Only you are suggesting as sense of entitlement. Like others on here I would be interested to know why people leave way before the end.
So you ask them to come on and explain themselves is not an entitlement,
you are probably right, it's just an embarrassment on your part
Nothing to do with you or anyone else if I want to leave in 80,75, or 45 minutes
In fact it's nothing to do with anyone if I decide not to go

Yes - imagine not taking a 810 mile round trip last Saturday just to watch tossers leave at half time. I'm definitely not that staunch.

Perhaps that's where the frustration is - I would love to be able to go back to attending regularly - some don't realise what a gift it is to be able to live locally to your team.

I had to make do with Cambridge Utd - (where 99% of the fans stay until the end).
Imagine being in another stadium in another country supporting another time and not going to a stadium (Ibrox) to support a team (Rangers) and then repeatedly criticise others who do?

Mind you on occasion when you do attend Ibrox and are more preoccupied with when other fans come and go as opposed to the match then what is the point?

Last edited:
I was at the B Team game last night, a small % of fans left before the final whistle. Nothing in comparison to what happens at Ibrox.

It appears these grown adults don’t actually go to see the outcome of the game, they just go to games out of habit.

PS we scored in the last minute of injury time to win 2-1 last night, stuff like that makes sitting to the cold bitter end worth going for.
I didn't go last night but I do this at the other evening games there because of the train times

To beat the traffic if I have the car, if I leave at 83 minutes I can make it to my car for the full time whistle and GTF away onto the motorway.

If no car I like to walk to Cessnock underground station, again I leave 10 minutes before full time to avoid queues.

The 83rd minute is my leave time, that said if we are playing a big game that we are pushing for a goal then I will stay to full time.
Fair enough it's a shame you are missing at least 10 minutes every game.I don't know if this is helpful,I stay to the end every game walk down to Cessnock with 4 others and usually the queue is only at the stairs even if it goes back the worst wait I have is 10 minutes but usually more or less straight on.On the rare occasion I take the car I park at Kelvinbridge Park and ride.Its great and there is no traffic to deal with.i prefer the more stress free option of a couple of beers before and after the game the train or bus home.I am fairly lucky with reasonable transport links.

So you ask them to come on and explain themselves is not an entitlement,
you are probably right, it's just an embarrassment on your part
Nothing to do with you or anyone else if I want to leave in 80,75, or 45 minutes
In fact it's nothing to do with anyone if I decide not to go
As my father would say “stone the crows”, something has rattled your cage. This is a discussion about why people choose to leave early, NOT an insinuation that someone is less of a fan for doing so. Chill out.

As my father would say “stone the crows”, something has rattled your cage. This is a discussion about why people choose to leave early, NOT an insinuation that someone is less of a fan for doing so. Chill out.
A poster asked them to come on and explain themselves, why do you think anyone has a right to demand this? We all pay our money and can leave when we want without needing to explain ourselves to some random guy on FF, or do you disagree with that

Some people, I believe, only go to Ibrox out of a sense of loyalty. It’s in their DNA but it’s a chore that’s got to be dutifully completed rather than a joyous, pleasurable experience.

They turn up to do their bit then go home or go to the pub at their earliest convenience.

So many complained when Celtic used to get tickets and have a whole end on TV, yet nobody gives a shit how bad it looks when the support f88ks off en masse after 75 minutes.

So many complained when Celtic used to get tickets and have a whole end on TV, yet nobody gives a shit how bad it looks when the support f88ks off en masse after 75 minutes.

Nobody gives a shit??

I assume you haven't read this, or any of the other hundred threads on this subject mate?

A poster asked them to come on and explain themselves, why do you think anyone has a right to demand this? We all pay our money and can leave when we want without needing to explain ourselves to some random guy on FF, or do you disagree with that
This is not a demand, it's a request. Maybe someone, anyone, can provide a plausible explanation as to why they show up at all. It would appear that they have no interest in the outcome of the game. What exactly is the motivation of a supposed Rangers supporter who goes to the bother of travelling to Ibrox, securing a ticket for the match and then leaving the ground before the end of the game.
Do they have any investment in Rangers winning the match? Do they have any connection with their fellow Rangers supporters? It's possibly no more than an accident that they turn up. Maybe it's simply where their mates congregate to have a session. The actual match is no more than a side show. For all the fitba matters it could be Maryhill Juniors.
You're dead right when you insist that they can leave when they want. However, please spare us the nonsense that they have anything more than a casual interest in supporting Rangers.
Where are all the missing Rangers supporters?

In your pub?
On the motorway?
In the subway queue?

Wherever they are they are not supporting our team.

Nobody gives a shit??

I assume you haven't read this, or any of the other hundred threads on this subject mate?
Fair point - it was badly put. Try this:

Doubtless many of the people who complained about the yahoos getting prime position in our ground are the same ones who think nothing of f88king off halfway through the 2nd half.

Imagine being in another stadium in another country supporting another time and not going to a stadium (Ibrox) to support a team (Rangers) and then repeatedly criticise others who do?

Mind you on occasion when you do attend Ibrox and are more preoccupied with when other fans come and go as opposed to the match then what is the point?
Not understanding a mentality isn't "criticism" - I just happen to think its bizarre.

Not understanding a mentality isn't "criticism" - I just happen to think its bizarre.
You've been critical of Rangers supporters throughout the thread who left early on Saturday. Even going as far as to claim 90% have a problem with alcohol. (Post #42)

Last edited:
You've been critical of Rangers supporters throughout the thread who left early on Saturday.
Yes - I just can't fathom why they do it - its very strange.

Like eating half a steak, leaving half a pint or switching a tv show off half way through.

Then doing the exact same thing 2 weeks later - seems illogical.

If for no other reason than to lighten the mood. Can we all have a guess of what will be the amount of Rangers supporters in the ground at the final whistle on Sunday?
I'm starting with the assumption that the gate will be around 35k.
The further assumption is that we will win.
Less than 10k 6/1
10k to 15k 4/1
15k to 20k 6/4
20k to 25k 7/2
25k to 30k 8/1
30k + 25/1

There's absolutely no science here. The odds are merely based on experience.

Always been the same on here - those that don't actually go to games criticise the atmosphere, stadium and fans the most. "It's that bad I don't even mind I can't make many games, honest."

I have asked a couple of posters why they leave early not to have a dig but to find out the reason they do.one said he needs to leave early to beat the traffic,I don't think he wants to leave early but he doesent want caught up in traffic,fair enough.If this were the case for the majority leaving early maybe better parking arrangements could be looked into.There will always be an element who just want to leave early to go for a pint or whatever but for those who would like to stay but don't because of traffic,work or transport connections maybe looking into solutions which might help them stay to the end might be of benefit to them and the Club in general.

If for no other reason than to lighten the mood. Can we all have a guess of what will be the amount of Rangers supporters in the ground at the final whistle on Sunday?
I'm starting with the assumption that the gate will be around 35k.
The further assumption is that we will win.
Less than 10k 6/1
10k to 15k 4/1
15k to 20k 6/4
20k to 25k 7/2
25k to 30k 8/1
30k + 25/1

There's absolutely no science here. The odds are merely based on experience.
All my money on 10k to 15k !

The people who live furthest away seem to stay for 90 minutes, us NI bears have to catch a boat in Cairnryan at 7.30pm and there is no pressure to leave the game early to get back to bus and away. It's just weird to me that folk living in Glasgow and surrounding areas are in such a rush to leave a game ridiculously early
Are you saying no one from N.I leaves games early?

Bold statement!

Are you saying no one from N.I leaves games early?

Bold statement!
Not saying that at all, in my experience there is a handful of people on the bus already when I get there leaving at full time, vast majority arrive at the same time as me or slightly later. My point is there is no pressure from the buses to leave early despite the tight timescale to get to Cairnryan, so I don't understand people living in Glasgow urge to leave from the 70th minute onwards.

Not saying that at all, in my experience there is a handful of people on the bus already when I get there leaving at full time, vast majority arrive at the same time as me or slightly later. My point is there is no pressure from the buses to leave early despite the tight timescale to get to Cairnryan, so I don't understand people living in Glasgow urge to leave from the 70th minute onwards.
It makes no difference where you come from if you leave early or not - I know guys from N.I who have came over and left for the pub at ht.

Who cares it’s up to them,the same as guys who leave early that live in Glasgow.

It makes no difference where you come from if you leave early or not - I know guys from N.I who have came over and left for the pub at ht.

Who cares it’s up to them,the same as guys who leave early that live in Glasgow.
Each to their own but personally if I’m getting up at 5am and not getting back to easily 11pm and after - I want to see all of the game which is the primary reason for being there and hence why I’m putting myself to that expense and effort in the first place, factoring in the travel/ticket cost and time away from home . Drink must either have some serious hold over boys, or I don’t get it.

Each to their own but personally if I’m getting up at 5am and not getting back to easily 11pm and after - I want to see all of the game which is the primary reason for being there and hence why I’m putting myself to that expense and effort in the first place, factoring in the travel/ticket cost and time away from home . Drink must either have some serious hold over boys, or I don’t get it.
Each to their own - you said it.

Each to their own - you said it.
Indeed. Saying that - and this may make me about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with some - but seeing the antics of a minority who travel from NI it doesn’t surprise me that much. Some are clearly just for a day on the soup away from the wife type thing. The actual game isn’t a priority.

That's ridiculous. And sad.

Clearly not actual Rangers fans.
You're at it - In what way is having a carry on with your mates deemed 'sad'?

I leave at all different times depending on how I feel. I have also given away my ticket and stayed in the pub, home and away, on the odd occasion.

I've been a fan for over 40 years and have never felt like I should explain myself.

Would you want someone who backs the team positively for 85mins singing, cheering and general rallying on the team?

Or a crying bastard who groans at every miss-pass straight from the kick off. Only politely claps when there is a goal then straight back to '%^*& sake tav" and "Borna your pish". People on here be at the game dying to get back on FF with someone else to cry about.

Go to the game and enjoy yourself, back the boys and create a positive atmosphere for the lads. Ibrox can be a real toxic moan fest. Don't worry about anyone else.

If you buy a ticket you can come and go whenever you want for whatever reason you have that’s a given,Can we at least drop the myth Rangers fans are staunch and loyal some can’t get away quick enough.

I have sometimes left early to go to work. Would rather go and see most of the game than miss the whole game. I’ve also left early if I’ve had to be home in decent time for the kids as I get the bus and paisley road west can’t end up not moving for ages around the go urban hotel. The guy behind me is older & leaves early as it takes him longer to walk to his supporters bus than it used to and he always says he doesn’t want to keep others waiting. A guy in my row leaves early when he has his kids that night as he says his ex is a nightmare & if he is late she’d be a nightmare & like me he’d rather see most of the game than miss completely. There can be loads of different reasons & it’s not really up to others to decide if they are valid.

There's a gaggle of Fifers who sit about 4 abreast on the same row as us.

They always leave at HT to go to the pub before their bus drive home.

Sometimes, depending on how we are playing, they go to the pub even earlier.
At that point would it not make sense to just watch it in a pub in Fife?

Always been the same on here - those that don't actually go to games criticise the atmosphere, stadium and fans the most. "It's that bad I don't even mind I can't make many games, honest."
I have sometimes left early to go to work. Would rather go and see most of the game than miss the whole game. I’ve also left early if I’ve had to be home in decent time for the kids as I get the bus and paisley road west can’t end up not moving for ages around the go urban hotel. The guy behind me is older & leaves early as it takes him longer to walk to his supporters bus than it used to and he always says he doesn’t want to keep others waiting. A guy in my row leaves early when he has his kids that night as he says his ex is a nightmare & if he is late she’d be a nightmare & like me he’d rather see most of the game than miss completely. There can be loads of different reasons & it’s not really up to others to decide if they are valid.
On reading your post I couldn't help thinking of the interview with Strachan where he explained to the interviewer that he needed to get home because one of the cartons of yoghurt in his fridge had reached the "best by" date.
It's as you say, loads of different reasons.

There's a gaggle of Fifers who sit about 4 abreast on the same row as us.

They always leave at HT to go to the pub before their bus drive home.

Sometimes, depending on how we are playing, they go to the pub even earlier.
Did Always wonder what the collective term for a group of Fife rangers supporters at Ibrox was…A GAGGLE ..Brillant !!

Back