Subway stations

WalterSmith72

Looking for a hand here FF, getting the subway tonight into the town for a very rare occasion don't fancy waiting in that queue after the game, is there any stations that are a further walk but a less busy?

depends on what way you're going on the subway
if you're going via Partick, go to Cessnock (so you're on the stop before Ibrox as the train from Ibrox will likely be full)
if you're going the other way, go to Govan for the same reason

Cessnock is quiet. I'd probably just go to Govan though few mins extra walk but head Ibrox bound you'll get a seat and be straight on the train at Govan as well - no queues.

Cheers all for the help, think Ill jump to Cessnock or Kinnin park, only got the subway less than a handful of times over the years hate waiting in the big queue

By the time the subway reaches Govan it is stowed out and you will most likely not get on.

Whenever I've got the subway I've went to Cessnock, if the queue is too long then either head to Kinnng Park or go to one the pubs on PRW to let the queue die down.

Cheers all for the help, think Ill jump to Cessnock or Kinnin park, only got the subway less than a handful of times over the years hate waiting in the big queue
Your only possible issue with Cessnock is yes the station is quieter, however the train has filled up at Ibrox. Midweek games tend to be quieter though.

I started walking to Govan instead last season.

Glad I do now. I've never saw the appeal of walking to Cessnock...trying to squeeze into the carriage that's already rammed?

Now I walk to Govan and can get a seat. I've never experienced anything that some people are hinting above that Govan is somehow more "dangerous".

I started walking to Govan instead last season.

Glad I do now. I've never saw the appeal of walking to Cessnock...trying to squeeze into the carriage that's already rammed?

Now I walk to Govan and can get a seat. I've never experienced anything that some people are hinting above that Govan is somehow more "dangerous".

I do the same, gets me to Argyll Street about 10 minutes earlier than waiting in the queue at Ibrox.
Never seen any signs of any bother.
Any time the barriers are up I just walk to the Exhibition Centre train station or do the walk onto town.

We walk down to KP underground.takes about 10/15 mins.by that time the cars are half empty going into town. Never known a queue there unless there's been an incident at cessnock.

Latest posts

Back