Succesful season

Do you consider this a successful season

• Yes

Votes: 1,076 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 253 19.0%

• Total voters
Yes. Maybe a bit generous because we ended up with 1 out of 4 that ended up being available but the European progression itself as well as the cup makes it a good season for me.

Champions league group stages, top of the league and the league Cup come New Year and we'll be set for a great one next season.

Trophy wise, finishing with only one out of the 4 on offer wouldn’t be classed as successful in any other season, but in terms of sheer progress and the ride we’ve been on this season, I’d say it was a total success.

The memories made, the iconic moments those players gave us and, of course, a whiskers breadth from winning a European trophy ensured that regardless of actual trophy success, this season will live long in the memory.

The players will grow stronger and far more determined to taste success as a result of this season. We will also get to see how our management team goes with a summer window and some financial backing from the board. If we want success next year, I’m pretty sure this group will deliver that success.

They can downplay it all they like, the media are pathetic. This season has been outstanding, the recognition we will get in Europe for reaching the final will see us in good stead going forward. We are in a very good place and the haters know it.

I'm 50,and went through the mid 80s/90s when we won everything (domestically),2000s had some of the best wins ever and Manchester.
Then.......
I always said that if we ever won 55,I'd be happy to call it a day.it was hard to get there and boy was I fuckin happy.But you get greedy.
And this season,this team has rekindled my feeling and desire I had in the 90s.
And for that,I thank them
WATP.

Difficult one. If you'd offered me knowledge that we'd lose league but get to a european final and take it to penalties, I'd have bitten your hand off. Scottish Cup after all these years is also a sweetener.

Given season ending injuries and gerrard leaving mid season, I think domestically it has to be judged a "success" - but it's a low bar that has to be raised next season for sure.

Had we won the Europa League it would have been one of the greatest seasons ever.

Willing to suggest that a penalty miss doesn't turn it from being a hugely successful season to an unsuccessful one.

Genuinely the best I've ever felt as a Rangers fan going on that European run. Some of the highs were unbelievable. That away trip in Seville was superb and we were on the cusp of it but I still think it's been a very good season.

I think a lot of people forget that Gerrard left out of the blue and caused upheaval at the club. That we then went on and reached a European final is amazing.

Had we won the Europa League it would have been one of the greatest seasons ever.

Willing to suggest that a penalty miss doesn't turn it from being a hugely successful season to an unsuccessful one.

Fine margins. Kent's miss in the 118th minute, Ramsey hitting a poor pen, Kostic's pen takes the smallest of bobbles and just goes over McGregor's hand. Genuinely think if we had VAR we'd have won the league comfortably.

Yes, small margins in the league and Europa, will always be tinged with heartbreak but it’s undeniably a successful season, especially financially

Reactions: VGM
Successful, no.
One of the most memorable of my life, yes.

A Scottish cup win in isolation wouldn’t be regarded as a successful season normally so I opted for no. The European final was obviously an incredible achievement but ultimately no trophy for it

Next season we need the league

Genuinely the best I've ever felt as a Rangers fan going on that European run. Some of the highs were unbelievable. That away trip in Seville was superb and we were on the cusp of it but I still think it's been a very good season.

I think a lot of people forget that Gerrard left out of the blue and caused upheaval at the club. That we then went on and reached a European final is amazing.

Fine margins. Kent's miss in the 118th minute, Ramsey hitting a poor pen, Kostic's pen takes the smallest of bobbles and just goes over McGregor's hand. Genuinely think if we had VAR we'd have won the league comfortably.
Fantastic post.

Of course it has! Incredible achievement for the team to make that Europa final, after 10 years of grafting our way back from the bottom tier of Scottish football.

In the last 12 months that squad has lifted a league title, a Scottish cup and was a bawhair away from lifting a European trophy. Remarkable.

From a financial point of view and excitement wise it's been fantastic.

However still think had we pushed the boat out a bit more in January it could have been a truly exceptional season.

Domestically obviously we would’ve liked to win the league, but 89 points is actually decent considering we lost our manager half way into the season, it could actually win the league in many seasons past. Unfortunately the scum (aided by at least 8 points of terrible referee decisons) pipped us to it by a few points, but then again they had week after week of rest after being humiliated in Europe whereas we’ve been playing 3 times a week for months now and the team gave us a journey in Europe we will all remember forever.

In the grand scheme of things I’ve voted yes for successful, but we absolutely need to aim to be ruthless in the league next season, and I think with a full preseason under Gio and a decent transfer window, we will be.

We were cheated out of the league, that's for sure

The SC was a great win, but the way we lost the EL still hurts. We beat two better German teams than them

Winning today feels great. This team deserved something, especially thinking back to 08.
Add that we got the cup final hoodoo out the way, something that was starting to niggle with me.
We have a platform to build on and our coaches have a preseason to get everything into place for the push for all 4 again.

Haha...phuck off ya nugget.
The Europa final not count?
No we lost that, as good as that was and I enjoyed every moment of it, if you think that celtic team that won that league was anything special then fair enough, a dont think it was and a think the European run and the Scottish Cup let this team walk away with a round of applause rather than a torrent of abuse. In my opinion we should have won the league and we didn't

No we lost that, as good as that was and I enjoyed every moment of it, if you think that celtic team that won that league was anything special then fair enough, a dont think it was and a think the European run and the Scottish Cup let this team walk away with a round of applause rather than a torrent of abuse. In my opinion we should have won the league and we didn't
Where did I say celtic were special? You are making stuff up now.
A torrent of abuse? Aye that's how to support your team. Sadly too many entitled people.like you in our support.

So you think winning the Scottish Cup is a good season? Should have been more, a think the celtic team is bang average and its a major disappointment we never won the league, the question was if this was a successful season and and I'm disappointed we only won the scottish Cup, sorry if that's not you opinion but I'm disappointed that's all we have to show this season, and do you know something a hope the players feel the same way

Even if we lost today it would have been a very good season.
A would say good season, very good na, look am not slating this team especially after 55 but let's not kid ourselves that season has been been a massive success, we are only walking away with a Scottish cup and if I am being honest a think that celtic team are bang average

Considering the change of manager, I think it has been a good season. We should have won the league, but I’m confident Gio will rectify that next season. We could have won the Europa League as well. Still gutted about Wednesday, but proud of the team! The future’s bright…

I’m in the middle, it’s not good, it’s not that bad. I just don’t feel comfortable calling a Scottish cup a successful season for Rangers, especially in light of the way we blew the league and the nick of the side we lost it to. Europe was incredible though and I’m happy for the boys today.

Back