4hv409.jpg

e0k0g6.jpg

2nb7w2a.jpg

17stms.jpg

znjvic.jpg

97k4ux.jpg

i1h3c4.jpg

11jx3m9.jpg

Great read I met big Davie a few times he answered the door of Ibrox when we wanted a tour of the stadium in 1982 , he worked behind the bar at Fergies ( paisley road toll ) early 70,s & I was sitting behind his wife & brother the day that wee prick Bertie Auld went over the top & broke his leg 1967 I think, we beat them that day right enough, Orjan Persson scored what a goal, but big Davie pure gentleman later on in life he was a rep for a whisky/ drinks company & always had a few stories to tell, very underrated
Lovely man

Great read I met big Davie a few times he answered the door of Ibrox when we wanted a tour of the stadium in 1982 , he worked behind the bar at Fergies ( paisley road toll ) early 70,s & I was sitting behind his wife & brother the day that wee prick Bertie Auld went over the top & broke his leg 1967 I think, we beat them that day right enough, Orjan Persson scored what a goal, but big Davie pure gentleman later on in life he was a rep for a whisky/ drinks company & always had a few stories to tell, very underrated
Lovely man
Yes, a fine tribute to a good man and good player. Always thought that Davie Provan was an excellent defensive player. At the time Davie Provan was capped, there was an abundance of good players available for selection to the Scottish team. He demonstrated his love for our club by certainly fitting the description of someone who played for the jersey.

Another great read, and today's History lesson taken care of courtesy of a FF poster again. Nice tribute to Billy Bingham as well! When he says the 1963 Scottish cup final was the first Old Firm cup final for almost 30 years, does he mean in any of the cups? It had been the first OF Scottish Cup final since the 20s (hard to believe), but there had been more recent League Cup OF finals.

Yes, a fine tribute to a good man and good player. Always thought that Davie Provan was an excellent defensive player. At the time Davie Provan was capped, there was an abundance of good players available for selection to the Scottish team. He demonstrated his love for our club by certainly fitting the description of someone who played for the jersey.

Sat up in the Main Stand very close to me for years. Like Dave Smith, he was a true Rangers fan.

He played for the club he loved.

Back