Suddenly RB Leipzig Are A Good Side

Luckily for me, I don’t give a single f*** about anything any shettleston says. Their opinion on any topic has absolutely no relevance to any part of my life or existence. Which is nice. It’s a similar situation with any of the Scottish ‘press.’ Its a fantastic way to live your life.

We're playing sides who are a level above RBL.
Ajax are probably on similar level. Napoli and Liverpool I will accept. I just hope after prices we charge we have a real go next midweek. Point stands away from home we don't even have a go and look beat before we even start.

RB Leipzig are not a great side but they have some great attackers which is the last thing Celt!c want given their defensive frailties and tactical 1D approach.

It shows what can be done if you pressure that team and our inability to do it becomes all the more frustrating when you watch games like last night.

Ajax are probably on similar level. Napoli and Liverpool I will accept. I just hope after prices we charge we have a real go next midweek. Point stands away from home we don't even have a go and look beat before we even start.
Ajax was an absolute mess, no denying that. We've also lost 2 hugely influential players in Europe which I feel has had a big impact on us. The point is Gio has shown he can compete against sides in Europe at RBL's level.

They've sold a lot of that team. So you're not comparing like for like.

CACDB9-D2-B6-E2-4-DDB-BF3-F-363-B10463-DBF.jpg

Leipzig come 43rd Shaktar 27th

Luckily for me, I don’t give a single f*** about anything any shettleston says. Their opinion on any topic has absolutely no relevance to any part of my life or existence. Which is nice. It’s a similar situation with any of the Scottish ‘press.’ Its a fantastic way to live your life.
You can’t have a rational discussion about football with their fans.

CACDB9-D2-B6-E2-4-DDB-BF3-F-363-B10463-DBF.jpg

Leipzig come 43rd Shaktar 27th
The seeding for clubs like us and Ajax etc are pretty meaningless to actually telling you where a team currently is. When you have a big summer of sales the previous season results don't tell you where a team is. Leipzig and Ajax right now are a similar level of team imo. CL teams that depending on strength of group go into Europa or get 2nd spot. If they played each other it's a 50/50 tie imo.

The coverage of the CL campaigns for both clubs is laughable

Yip we’ve been dreadful, however they are in a group whereby 3 teams we’re probably competing with a real chance of qualification, actually having the benefit of playing one of their 3 away games at a neutral venue

They sit bottom with 1 point, have conceded only 2 goals less than us in a far inferior group, yet they are seen as “brave and plucky”

Amazing how people forget this, or belittle their impact on our team. They are the only two players anyone wanted to buy from that team, that means something.
That and with the money we have spent it’s only really Colak who has made any real impact so far. With the money brought in although losing those two would impact us we should have been able to make our starting XI stronger overall but we haven’t.

Amazing how people forget this, or belittle their impact on our team. They are the only two players anyone wanted to buy from that team, that means something.
You see it all the time in football when a team has a good season and ends up selling their best players. It’s just the nature of football.

The coverage of the CL campaigns for both clubs is laughable

Yip we’ve been dreadful, however they are in a group whereby 3 teams we’re probably competing with a real chance of qualification, actually having the benefit of playing one of their 3 away games at a neutral venue

They sit bottom with 1 point, have conceded only 2 goals less than us in a far inferior group, yet they are seen as “brave and plucky”
Mate come on be fair. They hit the post v Real Madrid. The biggest achievement from a Scottish team in Europe in decades. :rolleyes:

You expected us to have a go away from home to last year's runners up and finalists 3 times in the last 5 years? Would you rather we were on the receiving end of a Bournemouth result just so we could say we had a go? What are you expecting when we go to Napoli given they've scudded Liverpool 4-1 take the game too them as well?

We could have predicted that. I don't actually think they are as good a team as they were when we played them but they are still a good team and certainly better than Celtic. Celtic fans are just so predictable though.

Loved the comment from the tims about RB having unlimited resources. Hilarious.

You expected us to have a go away from home to last year's runners up and finalists 3 times in the last 5 years? Would you rather we were on the receiving end of a Bournemouth result just so we could say we had a go? What are you expecting when we go to Napoli given they've scudded Liverpool 4-1 take the game too them as well?
The form Liverpool are in this season. How vulnerable their defence is. I would've liked us to have more of a go. Yes.

We could have predicted that. I don't actually think they are as good a team as they were when we played them but they are still a good team and certainly better than Celtic. Celtic fans are just so predictable though.

RC had a German journalist on just before our tie last season & he said that RBL were the form team in Germany at the time, including Bayern Munich.

They conveniently forget they have outspent the whole of Scottish football.

RB Leipzig were a far better team last season, were they not in the top 2/3 form teams across the top five leagues when we played them?

They’d beat us this season though because of our new submissive approach in Europe.

The form Liverpool are in this season. How vulnerable their defence is. I would've liked us to have more of a go. Yes.

We don't have a go away domestically at any team so it was never going to change going to Anfield the other night regardless of the form they are in at present. We aren't good enough to take a game to Liverpool either would have been a fun scoreline against their 4-2-4 if we did.

Strange, as we kept getting told by ra sellick fans last season, when we pumped them in the Europa Semi, that they were pish.

Now all of a sudden, they're a top European team?

They currently sit 11th in the Bundesliga and finished 4th last season.

I can't see this big improvement they're talking about.

Their results in Bundesliga this season are so up and down it’s unreal . But they play best on counter and that’s dangerous , but should fit tie at piggery to perfection .

They are noticeably weaker this season than last season, but they dealt with the filth comfortably. I chose to watch it as I was working from home yesterday and quite simply RBL did not break sweat and the passiest fitba team in world history were blowing out of their arse by the 70th minute. How the hell we lose to them is a mystery.

They are noticeably weaker this season than last season, but they dealt with the filth comfortably. I chose to watch it as I was working from home yesterday and quite simply RBL did not break sweat and the passiest fitba team in world history were blowing out of their arse by the 70th minute. How the hell we lose to them is a mystery.

I saw the second half & it was pretty much one way traffic.

2 goals disallowed, and I also thought they were very lucky not to lose a penalty for the Taylor handball too.

Once again, they were dead in the last half hour.

I saw the second half & it was pretty much one way traffic.

2 goals disallowed, and I also thought they were very lucky not to lose a penalty for the Taylor handball too.

Once again, they were dead in the last half hour.
RBL should have been 2-0 up inside 3 mins of the game. They were given a real doing and got off lightly in the end.

Celtics summer transfers business has been utter dogshite btw. Only one who is a regular is the centre half and that's due to injuries. Their superstar left back being kept out by Greg Taylor, the striker / winger looks pish, Mooy is clearly finished, the Danish guy looks like a clogger...

Not much criticism of that coming from those who like to slate our transfer dealings.

Their results in Bundesliga this season are so up and down it’s unreal . But they play best on counter and that’s dangerous , but should fit tie at piggery to perfection .

They’ve held their home form though, won 3 drawn 1 scoring 11 against 2. They’ll do better this season than last for me, expect them to be top 3 and go through in the CL by the skin of their teeth as I don’t think they’ll win next Tuesday. (5/6 area for anyone really confident).

Hope so. Got to fancy RBL will carve them open a good few times, but they did look very ropey at the back.

Sounded like that in the first half, which I missed mate.

With Postecoglou’s comments about them being too defensive in the second half, there could be a lot of goals next week.

They’ve held their home form though, won 3 drawn 1 scoring 11 against 2. They’ll do better this season than last for me, expect them to be top 3 and go through in the CL by the skin of their teeth as I don’t think they’ll win next Tuesday. (5/6 area for anyone really confident).

High scoring draw for me aswell mate , mentally challengeds will end group on 5 points .

The fat man has lost 7 of his 11 games in European tournaments proper, getting papped out of everything in sight at the first attempt

Don’t let them kid you that’s he’s some sort of managerial genius

I’m not a GvB out man by any stretch, but it really does highlight how our gameplans against them have been so wrong. Stop them opening the scoring early, and chances are they will crumble

What you don’t do is play like a bunch of cowards. You have to at least try and cause the opposition problems. They have full back who are great going forward but weak defensively. Any decent manager would have put Morelos or colak up against TAA and peppered him with diagonals

We're playing sides who are a level above RBL.
Whilst I understand that we are playing team another level up this season, e really do appear to have regressed. We reached the EL final, beating Dortmund and RB on the way, whilst playing an energetic, pressing and (counter) attacking style of play.

Not once did we go out there and give the opposition more respect than they deserved. We played with belief and energy. Can you honestly say the same of this campaign?

Yes, but we are performing to nowhere near the same standard in Europe. Closest we’ve been was Napoli at Ibrox. We’d struggle in the Europa League currently. There’s no energy and no pressing with a clear issue doing the basics such as passing.
Do you think the passing is bad because the players are unsure of positions? Just a thought that they are not following whatever tactics Gio is trying to implement.

Do you think the passing is bad because the players are unsure of positions? Just a thought that they are not following whatever tactics Gio is trying to implement.
I’ve no idea but we got a doing at Parkhead twice and beat at Ibrox with similar sort of “stand off” and low energy tactics last year during our Europa League run so it says to me it’s the management.

Gio was quite happy to set us up positively and we played some great football during that time. We played with high energy in the game we beat them in the Cup also, our pressing was also great against PSV too. I honestly don’t understand why it’s not there every game.

Back