Suits for Home Games

Coops2016

I noticed again that the players are all arriving now with tracksuits etc on . I thought we were always for every home game the collar and tie ?

I noticed again that the players are all arriving now with tracksuits etc on . I thought we were always for every home game the collar and tie ?
Aren't we stricter with the manager wearing a collar and tie nowadays, seem to remember Gerrard saying something about this when he joined the club having preferred to wear the training kit?

must be a trip waking up 20 years later seeing gio on the touchline with the suit now. Haha.

On a serious note it looks great but not necessary now. All about comfort. Long as we wear it at finals and the manager wears it that’s all that matters

must be a trip waking up 20 years later seeing gio on the touchline with the suit now. Haha.

On a serious note it looks great but not necessary now. All about comfort. Long as we wear it at finals and the manager wears it that’s all that matters
Fair enough . Thread was not designed to have a go .

It was always a club rule to arrive at training and games in a suit/shirt/tie.
Ally talks about in his book, when the rules were relaxed or changed, I am unsure.
Another poster may be able to confirm.

It was always a club rule to arrive at training and games in a suit/shirt/tie.
Ally talks about in his book, when the rules were relaxed or changed, I am unsure.
Another poster may be able to confirm.
I’m sure it all changed when Advocaat was the manager.

Gerrard said it was in his contract that he had top wear a suit.
He gave an interview early saying that he would probably rather wear a tracksuit but was happy to go along with club tradition.

I’ve noticed at Villa he is still wearing the shirt and tie on the touchline so maybe he values that now?

I’m sure it depends on the magnitude of the fixture now.

But it’s great that it’s something that stuck with great managers like Sir Alex who adopted it in their own management careers.

Love how the brogues thing- an Advocaat innovation - has become this article of faith that’s as old as time. Invention of tradition right there.

Must admit I think the players should have suit on on Matchday. Its all about what you want the clubs standards to be on and off the field

Love how the brogues thing- an Advocaat innovation - has become this article of faith that’s as old as time. Invention of tradition right there.
Tims in my work fucking hate brown brogues. :))
Me? I love them and used to wear them every day to work, even working from home now I haven’t dropped my sartorial standards and can be found to be wearing a pair matched with shorts or joggers.
Standards must be maintained!

Pretentious bastards not wearing suits.
I was that flabbergasted at this my monocle fell out.

Apart from having to wear a suit to Ibrox ,the players weren't allowed beards or moustaches in sure

Did this wee rule get dropped when the magnificent one took over ?

Shows Bacuna doesn't have the right mentality IMO
A lot of our players have had hair cuts to get the bowler hat fitting on the napper. Doesn't look right perched on a birds nest :( although I'd let fashion off, he'd look great with that big smile. :)

Back