Summer Activity

StaunchEnclosure

Given we have had another overall of the squad last summer would it be right in saying that we are now looking to add the quality that can sustain a challange?

There have been many arguements about what we require but the general consensus is that we need quality and not quantity.

What I believe will aid our challange next season is the break up of a successful team. They'll either have Lennon or a new manager and many of their first team players will move on. It's difficult to bring in new players and remain consistent which is where I think they'll struggle.

I believe there will be a bigger turnover at Celtic than at Ibrox over the summer.

Two centre backs one starter and one prospect. Top quality striker . A top quality 10 are my priority. Then a right winger and fullback would be nice. If we can't get Kent I'd like us to try and sign that Trezeguet from Morocco I think we were looking at last summer.

4 genuine game changers of quality who will go into the 11 right away
Maybe 4 'squad fillers' so to speak (stewart and jones being two of of them)

All of our players out of contract will be released. All loans back, bar Kent
Maybe some sales, most likely Morelos. Can see Jack being sold if theres supposed interest from the EPL

4 genuine game changers of quality who will go into the 11 right away
Maybe 4 'squad fillers' so to speak (stewart and jones being two of of them)

All of our players out of contract will be released. All loans back, bar Kent
Maybe some sales, most likely Morelos. Can see Jack being sold if theres supposed interest from the EPL

What do you think about my other point with turnover at Celtic? Their January loans will go back and I'd be highly surprised it there wasnt interest in Forrest, McGregor etc.

What do you think about my other point with turnover at Celtic? Their January loans will go back and I'd be highly surprised it there wasnt interest in Forrest, McGregor etc.

all their loan ones will be gone
Boyata has agreed to join a Bundesliga side and wont play for them again
Sinclair will probably want out
Gordon will be away
Rodgers will come for McGregor and Tierney at least

Put it this way. If you are a player coming to Scotland, do you want to play for Brendan Rodgers Celtic or Neil Lennon's Celtic?

They will lose that appeal and we have to be ready

Who do we have out of contract in the summer? Wallace will be away, who else?

We will need 4 quality players next season. A CB ,left sided, a LB , a creative midfielder and a striker. If Tav,and Morelos leave ,top quality replacements for them will be required. Over and above that other players that are out on loan will go ,others retire and possibly get bids in for the likes of Fod. These players we should be looking to replace with Bowman's or our own youth squad . It is essential that the main money we spend is on 4 Quality players.

Sign the two centre half s out of contract s from Greece we were interested last season and England J Cooper
try and keep Kent another foward maybe 2 if Morelos leave s on top of jones and Stewart and Davis

Outs fods,anwick,Hodgson,Wallace,mcauley,
holt,Worral,Davis,Kent,hardie
Coulibaly,dodoo,herrera,
If they all go that leaves a first team sqaud of 24 contracted first team players Davis and Kent could come bk in and Jones from killie to come in so a lot of work to do moving players out like dodoo ECT who still have a year to run on thier deals, looks like we might have a big turnover of players out in the summer but can use the saved wages to bring better players in

Outs fods,anwick,Hodgson,Wallace,mcauley,
holt,Worral,Davis,Kent,hardie
Coulibaly,dodoo,herrera,
If they all go that leaves a first team sqaud of 24 contracted first team players Davis and Kent could come bk in and Jones from killie to come in so a lot of work to do moving players out like dodoo ECT who still have a year to run on thier deals, looks like we might have a big turnover of players out in the summer but can use the saved wages to bring better players in
Gaffer quoted yesterday or today and last week saying Davis will be here next season

I do think there are a few gems in the lower leagues of England, we need to snap them up before the championship teams do. Anyone who watches Pompey, is Jamal Lowe any good? Jonson Clarke-Harris has a crazy good record for Bristol Rovers as well

Ambitiously thinking
Ryan Kent 5-7 million
Jake Cooper 4-5 million
Steve Davis Free
Nick Powell Free
Axel Tuanzebe Free
Harry Wilson Loan
Marko Grujic Loan
Barry Douglas 3 million
Jordan Jones Free

Sell:
Barisic and Grezda for extra funds and get rid of all the deadwood out on loan

Bit of a shot in the dark but would Awer Mabil from midtjylland not be realistic option? 5 goals and 10 assists from the wing this season plus got a decent record for Australia since he’s came into the side

Ambitiously thinking
Ryan Kent 5-7 million
Jake Cooper 4-5 million
Steve Davis Free
Nick Powell Free
Axel Tuanzebe Free
Harry Wilson Loan
Marko Grujic Loan
Barry Douglas 3 million
Jordan Jones Free

Sell:
Barisic and Grezda for extra funds and get rid of all the deadwood out on loan
We are not paying 7 million for anyone, nor are we getting Wilson or Grujic on loan

Hastie and Jones really concern me. Neither are any better than our current bench warmers
It's young players for squad depth and future development it's saves money for our top targets and allows us to develop them and sell on long term signings imo Greg Stewart on the other hand although a good player would be a baffling signing

It’s impossible to say without knowing whether or not we cash in on Morelos, Tavernier. Or Kent returning for another loan period. The only certs at this stage will be McAuley, Hodson, Worrall leaving so we will need another 2 centre backs. One likely to be a starter, the other a work in progress that starts the season as 4th choice. Davis & Jones will sign and we should spend some serious cash on 2 midfielders.

Hastie and Jones really concern me. Neither are any better than our current bench warmers

I’m the opposite I think it’s two very exciting signings , Jones was a different gravy in last two NI games and hastie has scored some crackers and is motherwells main man at such a young age , both are definitely better than Middleton and grezda(so far) and will offer more goals and assists than candeais

If we are looking for an Alfie replacement come the summer, wouldn't hurt us to take a look at Andraž Šporar. Been banging them in for fun for Slovan Bratislava this season, 26 goals in 30 appearances. Big strong and physical striker. A Slovenian international. At 25 years of age he's just about to hit his peak physically.

Hastie has the potential to be a good player and he’s already scored more goals in half a season than the majority of our wide players have in the full season.

Please remember what we actually said about Welbeck on the Pod

Mental, insane speculation was my quote - It was raised to ask Chris & Andy if they thought a marquee signing like him was possible

:D

Not got to that part of the podcast yet mate haha Ok! Would be an interesting signing to be sure but is it worth the money? Do you know if we still have any interest in some of the middle Eastern and north African players we were lookig at?

Back