Summer Business

HoboUK

So far this has been a fantastic window , we have brought in 2 players that should excite the fans in Cumdog and Murphy , Goss looks to have a good left foot and will be useful and Martin should provide options at the back so we all have reason to be positive going into the 2nd half of the season.

How do we think our summer transfers are going to pan out though ? Lets assume Cummings and Murphy both meet expectations and we take up the agreed deals to sign them permanently, surely that will be a fair wedge out of our budget for personnel in the summer.... I guess what I am asking is should we consider these 2 as summer signings that we have got early ( and adjust our expectations in the summer accordingly) or should we also expect a fair amount of business to be done in the summer ?

If Martin, Cummings, Murphy are all a success and we sign Docherty and maybe even Jones or the boy from England then we might not need to do much business.
Probably sell a couple and pick up some decent bosmans and give them a good wage.

We need to be looking reduce our squad size in certain areas to free up wages and if possible get some working capital in the coffers.

The "Loan to Buy" players have chance to secure their future with the Rangers, who knows if they can handle the weight of the shirt and 50K bears on their back ?

IF Murty does get the gigg then we will have more chance of high Quality signing rather than a high volume if another manager arrives.

We are still working our way back to being a real challenger to the vermin, but we are getting there !

I'd imagine if our dealings in this window (and making the loans permanent) see us closing the gap, and looking like being able to challenge next season, we'd only be looking at adding a couple of quality players in the summer. All if's and but's until we see who is manager though.

i still think we would need to clear out the deadwood

miller niko ect

replace them with some real quality players if the money is available and we wont be far away

What's happening with Kenny McLean? It's went a bit quiet......

I'll be watching him very closely next week and comparing him to our midfielders to see if he offers anything better or different.

Hopefully, we can have a decent 2nd half of the season and if so then the summer should just be about bringing in 1 or 2 in key positions. We seem to have enough squad players now.

I think that it’s a loan and then a purchase when the season ticket money / share issue is in the coffers.

I’m expecting Bosmans in the summer.

So far this has been a fantastic window , we have brought in 2 players that should excite the fans in Cumdog and Murphy , Goss looks to have a good left foot and will be useful and Martin should provide options at the back so we all have reason to be positive going into the 2nd half of the season.

How do we think our summer transfers are going to pan out though ? Lets assume Cummings and Murphy both meet expectations and we take up the agreed deals to sign them permanently, surely that will be a fair wedge out of our budget for personnel in the summer.... I guess what I am asking is should we consider these 2 as summer signings that we have got early ( and adjust our expectations in the summer accordingly) or should we also expect a fair amount of business to be done in the summer ?
This is pretty much how I’m reading the situation.
I suppose alot may depend on who leaves , there’s still some deadwood to shift but also there is question marks over Tav and Windass for example

Lets see how the 2nd half of season goes.
If Loanees are all a success then that could be a lot off permanent deals.
I think we can be rest assured that there will be a few plans in place for transfer targets in case some find it tough going.
We are certainly looking better now after a turbulent 1st half and will be better prepared if things do not work out well.
Hopefully we have learnt from the Pedro experiment and from the Board to the D.O.F. they will have numerous different plans in place regarding summer window.

i still think we would need to clear out the deadwood

miller niko ect

replace them with some real quality players if the money is available and we wont be far away

We don’t have to clear them out. Both players’ contracts are up in the summer.

I think if all the players we loaned in work out then we get them in on permanent deals and in summer use what transfer budget we have on 1 or 2 real quality players

We need to offload plenty of the deadwood, guys like Forrester, MOH, Halliday and Herrera...

Replace them with 2-3 quality additions, plus Murphy and Cummings depending on how they do these next 4 months.

Did Forrester go on the trip to Florida?

For me in the summer we need to permanently sign Cummings and Murphy, assuming they bring what we’re hoping, which I think they will. Also assuming we get Docherty.

On top of that I think we need a couple of top quality signings and we can seriously go about winning the title.

Get Murphy and Cummings tied up in the Summer, that will cost around 2.5m for both, Docherty will cost somewhere between 6-800,000k whether we get him this window or in the Summer.

If Martin proves a decent CB then i'd be looking at tieing him up on 2 year deal. I'd bring in another striker as i fully expect Miller to leave. Niko will be gone also and i think Alves will go this Summer too.

Hopefully Hodson leaves,MOH,possibly Halliday and Holt,Hardie will never make it, Barjonas will probabaly go out on loan.

4-6 signings in the Summer will see us taking the title off they Bastards.

Get Murphy and Cummings tied up in the Summer, that will cost around 2.5m for both, Docherty will cost somewhere between 6-800,000k whether we get him this window or in the Summer.

If Martin proves a decent CB then i'd be looking at tieing him up on 2 year deal. I'd bring in another striker as i fully expect Miller to leave. Niko will be gone also and i think Alves will go this Summer too.

Hopefully Hodson leaves,MOH,possibly Halliday and Holt,Hardie will never make it, Barjonas will probabaly go out on loan.

4-6 signings in the Summer will see us taking the title off they Bastards.

I think 4-6 signings might be a little optimistic. A lot of the players we need to get rid of wont command a fee. I think @ID10 alluded to the fact we have 2 players tied up on bosmans. If we are going to make as many as 6 signings I'd imagine it'll be at the expense of Morelos , Windass or Tav providing they continue their good form.

I think 4-6 signings might be a little optimistic. A lot of the players we need to get rid of wont command a fee. I think @ID10 alluded to the fact we have 2 players tied up on bosmans. If we are going to make as many as 6 signings I'd imagine it'll be at the expense of Morelos , Windass or Tav providing they continue their good form.

If we sign Cummings,Martin and Murphy in the Summer plus the 2 bosmans whoever they are, that's 5 Summer signings and maybe Docherty if we don't get him this window would be 6, so what's optimistic about it ? there's 6 right there.

If we sign Cummings,Martin and Murphy in the Summer plus the 2 bosmans whoever they are, that's 5 Summer signings and maybe Docherty if we don't get him this window would be 6, so what's optimistic about it ? there's 6 right there.

I assumed you meant on top of Murphy , Martin and Cummings.

I don't think we're in a position where we need to sell before we can buy. The club is debt free and financially stable. Dave King has already said there is money available for the next manager. I wouldn't expect much of that to be spent this month as we currently only have a temporary manager. Mainly looking at the loan market makes perfect sense right now. The bulk of any transfer kitty will obviously be spent in the summer when the managerial situation becomes clear. The opportunity is there for Murty and he has between now and the summer to earn a long-term deal.

You would hope we are now at a stage where it would be a 2/3 additions in the summer in the 2 million plus range

A proper 10 at 3 million or a Davis like addition would be huge rather than having to add 5 or 6

I'll be watching him very closely next week and comparing him to our midfielders to see if he offers anything better or different.

crazy-eyes-steve-buscemi-mr-deeds.jpg

Mind and keep the other eye on the actual game :D

It'll be more about who we can get rid of. I'd say if we can offload Miller, Niko, Herrera, Alves, Dodoo, Hodson and Pena we will be in a great position to add another 2/3 players. All that said, we need the guys who have arrived this month to be a success.

Martin
New right back who’s better than Hodson

First choice centre mid
Docherty
Goss/McLean

First choice goal scoring right winger
First choice AM
Murphy
Back up left winger

Cummings
Roberts
New striker like McBurnie

Out:
Halliday
Hodson
Niko
MOH
Dalcio
Herrera
Miller
Forrester
Hardie

Might affect the budget

I don't see why it would effect the budget. The £11m share offer will be rejected even if he is forced to make that offer. I can understand why he's appealing though as it will cost around 400-500k for a share offer which will be rejected anyway.

I don't see why it would effect the budget. The £11m share offer will be rejected even if he is forced to make that offer. I can understand why he's appealing though as it will cost around 400-500k for a share offer which will be rejected anyway.
Let’s hope so

we should be tying down both morelos and windass

get another couple of seasons out them before moving them on

What we need is for this squad to settle and add one or two, we can’t keep starting from scratch.

I would keep Halliday, he can score goals when left to work at that end of the pitch

Wes, Tav, John, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie, Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Candieas, Morelos are all going to be here next season.
If we pick up on contracts Murphy, Cummings and Martin and we have signed Docherty
That is 18 players plus Cardoso, Alves and Pena and Hardie.
If a few of the fringe players leave then picking up the likes of McLean when out of contract is a no brainer and increases our options in midfield.
We are also being linked with a couple of bosmans in England who will be options for the bench and squad.
To be honest I would like a new centre half also if we let Cardoso and Alves go and a creative midfielder and that’s about it.

It all depends on how our new signings get on, if they all do well and Murty is still in charge then I think our summer business will be minimal, just a couple coming and going.

However if we don’t improve and Murty is replaced then it’s a major rebuild once more, but the beauty of our loans with options to buy means we won’t waste too much cash.

I personally think Murty will do well, as will most of our signings.

You would hope we are now at a stage where it would be a 2/3 additions in the summer in the 2 million plus range

A proper 10 at 3 million or a Davis like addition would be huge rather than having to add 5 or 6
A Davis like addition would be ideal but unfortunately guys of his quality are now way out of our price range unless the new scouting team can unearth a hidden gem, kind of like how we got Davis in the first place.

Back