Summer Business

Wes, Tav, John, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie, Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Candieas, Morelos are all going to be here next season.
If we pick up on contracts Murphy, Cummings and Martin and we have signed Docherty
That is 18 players plus Cardoso, Alves and Pena and Hardie.
If a few of the fringe players leave then picking up the likes of McLean when out of contract is a no brainer and increases our options in midfield.
We are also being linked with a couple of bosmans in England who will be options for the bench and squad.
To be honest I would like a new centre half also if we let Cardoso and Alves go and a creative midfielder and that’s about it.
Tav won't be here next season IMO. The rumour on the Heart and Hand podcast is that he's refusing to extend his contract and would favour a move back down south. I could possibly see Foderingham being sold if the right offer comes in, with Kelly and McCrorie moving up the goalkeeping pecking order.

Tav won't be here next season IMO. The rumour on the Heart and Hand podcast is that he's refusing to extend his contract and would favour a move back down south. I could possibly see Foderingham being sold if the right offer comes in, with Kelly and McCrorie moving up the goalkeeping pecking order.

I think Tav might go. If that happens I would bring Patterson back from Wales.
I think it will be young McCrorie moving up. However if Wes is sold I would want a new first team keeper.

We spent 8-10 million last summer. I'm expecting the same, especially since the retail deal is fixed and we'll have a new kit to get behind.

If we don't lose anyone then our first team looks pretty strong. Areas where we might be looking to upgrade could be defence where (pending Martin's showing) we don't really have a standout first choice and (depending on Docherty signing and how he plays if he does) attacking/box to box midfield where again we don't have a standout and Windass could be shoogly. We may need more back up for the strikers but Tyler Roberts would provide that. And back up/competition in the wing and wing back areas would be good. Otherwise we'll be one in and one out.

A good summer for me would be the rumoured Tyler Roberts and McLean plus completing Docherty if that's not done this window along with one 'big' first team signing. And then making sure that money from any departures is reinvested in credible alternatives.

I think we'll be in a good position come the summer.

All going well I'd expect to have Murphy, Cummings & Docherty on long term contracts. For a figure of around £2mil. Good business for 3 first team players, 2 of which have massive sell on potential. I'd also be looking to shift Holt, Halliday & Hodson to bring in Goss & Martin if they impress.

We'll then have the wages of Niko, Miller, Alves, Herrera & hopefully Pena freed up. That's the best part of 60/70k per week for 5 players who don't contribute regularly.

After that I think we need to prioritise on 2 positions. A centre half & a centre mid. Whatevers left of the budget should go on these 2 positions, both quality first team additions.

The board can be accused of a lot of things but they can't be accused of not investing money in the squad. With Mark Allen now running this side if things we should see a big improvement on the impact our signings make.

All going well I'd expect to have Murphy, Cummings & Docherty on long term contracts. For a figure of around £2mil. Good business for 3 first team players, 2 of which have massive sell on potential. I'd also be looking to shift Holt, Halliday & Hodson to bring in Goss & Martin if they impress.

We'll then have the wages of Niko, Miller, Alves, Herrera & hopefully Pena freed up. That's the best part of 60/70k per week for 5 players who don't contribute regularly.

After that I think we need to prioritise on 2 positions. A centre half & a centre mid. Whatevers left of the budget should go on these 2 positions, both quality first team additions.

The board can be accused of a lot of things but they can't be accused of not investing money in the squad. With Mark Allen now running this side if things we should see a big improvement on the impact our signings make.
If we shift the players you said there and bring in more quality like murphy and cummings to replace, absolutely no reason we cannot be seriously up there challenging

If we secure Murphy, Cummings, Martin & Docherty on permanent deals then I'd then concentrate on upgrading both full back positions. We could potentially have a very strong squad going into the 2018/19 season.

i still think we would need to clear out the deadwood

miller niko ect

replace them with some real quality players if the money is available and we wont be far away

We cant just "clear out the deadwood" miller is injured and niko is done no team is taking them whilst under contract

if we want them to go i would imagine we need to pay contracts in full

If we secure Murphy, Cummings, Martin & Docherty on permanent deals then I'd then concentrate on upgrading both full back positions. We could potentially have a very strong squad going into the 2018/19 season.

Yeah left back is a concern for me but I think to challenge we really need to have a dominant spine in the team.

We cant just "clear out the deadwood" miller is injured and niko is done no team is taking them whilst under contract

if we want them to go i would imagine we need to pay contracts in full

Both contracts expire in the summer.

Latest posts

Back