Out
Foderingham - Free
Halliday - Free
Flanagan - Free
Docherty- get a decent Fee or swap for Kamberi
Ojo - Return from loan
Barker - Money back if possible
Jones - get a decent fee if possible
Kamara - Get a fee £6-10m, (a couple of bad games doesn’t mean he’s a 50k player)

In
McCrorie - Return from loan(Back up to mcgregor and more game time)
Ross McCrorie?
Hagi - £4m
Kamberi - Swap for Docherty
Replacement defensive mid for Kamara
Rb/Lb
Davis long term Replacement

Point is wholesale changes aren’t needed again, we have a spine to the team, it’s now about a “couple” of quality players. None of this 10 out 10 in.
Perspective about ages Katic 23yr old, Morelos 23, Aribo 23, Edmundson 22, Kent 23, Hagi 21, these players are at the beginning of their careers

Last edited:
I wouldn't get rid of Kamara. There's a decent player in there and he won't be on huge wages.
I understand what you say but any fee in region of £6-10m id take, needs to be the model, buy low sell high. Point most folk are missing that lot have had no competition for 6yrs, became finically sustainable, we need to start bringing in fees.

Out
Foderingham - Free
Halliday - Free
Flanagan - Free
Ojo - Return from loan
Kamara - Get a fee £6-10m, (a couple of bad games doesn’t mean he’s a 50k player)

In
Ross McCrorie?
Hagi - £4m
Rb/Lb

Point is wholesale changes aren’t needed again, we have a spine to the team, it’s now about a “couple” of quality players. None of this 10 out 10 in.

We need at least one centre back, depending on Helanders form in a run of games that might be two.

Centre of the pitch we need 2.

That’s before anyone of quality goes out. You’ll also need a left back as cover, a right back as cover. There will be a lot of turnover in the summer. Again.

I wouldn't get rid of Kamara. There's a decent player in there and he won't be on huge wages.
Good player. Prone to an error or three. Out of the squad, he is the most disposable in my opinion. Should try move him on to a Sheffield United or the likes. Reinvest the money in the squad.

We will need 6 maybe 7 players of significant quality to go straight into that team changes need to be made then you have many of the poor fringe players either out of contract or going back to there parent clubs.

The summer recruitment will be massive and possibly one or two key players will have to go subsidise our dealings to seriously improve the squad.

Also we should be looking at decent out of contact players immediately.

We will need at the bare minimum.

A left back - back up to Barišić.
Better calibre of centre back.
CM.
Right sided attacker.
ST.

That's five without signing Hagi, Kamberi or losing any one; potentially Morelos, Kamara etc along with the dross that will leave.

We'll probably see a number of ins and outs again. Hopefully more players will be moved on because even some of the first team regulars aren't good enough.

Two seasons on the trot the majority of this squad have let us down.

We need a physically capable spine, centre half needs looked at and I think we could use a strong powerhouse midfielder who breaks the play and wins the balls.

That’s what this league needs for me.
Katic and Goldson have been colossal up until the past month, I don’t think either are bad players and have proved that in Europe and pre January

Out
Foderingham - Free
Halliday - Free
Flanagan - Free
Ojo - Return from loan

In
Ross McCrorie?
Hagi - £4m
Rb/Lb

Perspective about ages Katic 23yr old, Morelos 23, Aribo 23, Edmundson 22, Kent 23, Hagi 21, these players are at the beginning of their careers

There is no way Morelos is going to be here next season.
And I’m 50/50 with Tav.

We will need at the bare minimum.

A left back - back up to Barišić.
Better calibre of centre back.
CM.
Right sided attacker.
ST.

That's five without signing Hagi, Kamberi or losing any one; potentially Morelos, Kamara etc along with the dross that will leave.

We'll probably see a number of ins and outs again. Hopefully more players will be moved on because even some of the first team regulars aren't good enough.

Two seasons on the trot the majority of this squad have let us down.
We seem to be forgetting Helander is due back, he is a quality CB

I reckon next season we need to sort are defence out and need 2 experience CH defenders as fed up with the changes when one of our CH makes a mistake as need 2 solid defenders who we can play everyweek instead of chopping and changing everyweek

There is no way Morelos is going to be here next season.
And I’m 50/50 with Tav.

Who's seriously paying the money we want for Morelos?

No one IMO so he either stays or we take a much lower fee. Which is what we will do.

For all the talk and bluster of £20m, £30m,£40m, where have these bids been?

Who's seriously paying the money we want for Morelos?

No one IMO so he either stays or we take a much lower fee. Which is what we will do.

For all the talk and bluster of £20m, £30m,£40m, where have these bids been?

Ah never said how much he will go for but he will go in my opinion.
Probabbly best all round

Overall we have a talented squad of players that a tactically sound manager would have a lot closer to the mentally challengeds.

A clear out in the dug out is what's required for me.

Two Centre Half’s are needed & unless Gerrard lifts the Scottish Cup we will need a new Manager & back room staff ASAP.

I hope that Shagger has another year left in him. I would sell Tav and Goldson, Stevie Davis is getting past his sell by date so, get rid along with Halliday. Keep Kamara unless some one offers us 4-6 million for him. I would also keep Kamberi and Aribo and am ambivalent about Arfield. Alfie will go for around 10M I think.

We desperately need a defensive right back , one new young center back and a destroyer in midfield to protect Hagi and Aribo. I would like to replace Alfie with Kamberi and Defoe/Mebude.

Dead easy this manager stuff.

Finnish International who has been linked with Arsenal, Juventus, Brighton, AVilla, Leeds, Sheffield United. A couple of dodgy performances doesn’t mean he’s lost it

Linked via press which if they said it was night I’d have to look out my window to check. Nobody has bid for him & if they do, it’ll be much, much less than £6m.

It’s more than a couple of dodgy performances, his last performance of note was 29th December, that’s 2 months ago.

Finnish International who has been linked with Arsenal, Juventus, Brighton, AVilla, Leeds, Sheffield United. A couple of dodgy performances doesn’t mean he’s lost it

Anyone watching him recently will certainly be put of hes looked every bit as good as a 50k player

Out
Foderingham - Free
Halliday - Free
Flanagan - Free
Ojo - Return from loan

In
Ross McCrorie?
Hagi - £4m
Rb/Lb

RB backup (?)
LB backup (Douglas)
1 or 2 CB
2 CM (ballwinner and attacker)
ST (Comp for Morelos to make him raise his game)
A few winners would be ideal and actual quality.
Maybe some Scottish players added to squad.

Looking at it for next season:
GK: McGregor, Firth.
RB: Tavernier, Polster.
LB: Barisic.
CB: Helander, Goldson, Katic, Edmundson.
CM: Davis, Jack, Kamara, McCrorie, Hagi, Arfield, Aribo.
W: Kent, Jones, Barker, Stewart, Murphy.
ST: Morelos, Defoe, Kamberi, Stewart.

We will need 6 maybe 7 players of significant quality to go straight into that team changes need to be made then you have many of the poor fringe players either out of contract or going back to there parent clubs.

The summer recruitment will be massive and possibly one or two key players will have to go subsidise our dealings to seriously improve the squad.

Also we should be looking at decent out of contact players immediately.
We don’t need 6 or 7 starters, we probably need 4. Also at least 70% of the players we bring in need to be winners

This is how I'd like to see the squad shape up next season.

McGregor
Mcrorie
Firth

Tav
Patterson

Barisic
New LB

Goldson
Helander
Katic
Edmunson

New CM
Jack
Davis
Aribo
Arfield
Docherty
Mcrorie (I think Ross can be useful in certain games that are more physical)

New winger x 2
Kent
Hagi
Stewart

New CF x 2
Defoe
Kamberi (if he continues his form)

Outs..

Morelos- sell
Kamara - sell

Wes - free
Halliday - free
Flannigan - free
Polster - loan/ sell
Ojo - back to Liverpool
Barker - Sell/ loan out.
Jones- sell

Is these links from the same corrupt media we all rant on about?

Were these clubs really interested or was most of it all to unsettle players which if so has worked a treat

This is how I'd like to see the squad shape up next season.

McGregor
Mcrorie
Firth

Tav
Patterson

Barisic
New LB

Goldson
Helander
Katic
Edmunson

New CM
Jack
Davis
Aribo
Arfield
Docherty
Mcrorie (I think Ross can be useful in certain games that are more physical)

New winger x 2
Kent
Hagi
Stewart

New CF x 2
Defoe
Kamberi (if he continues his form)

Outs..

Morelos- sell
Kamara - sell

Wes - free
Halliday - free
Flannigan - free
Polster - loan/ sell
Ojo - back to Liverpool
Barker - Sell/ loan out.
Jones- sell

^ I think this is more likely.Barasic and Kamara depending on how they perform at the Euros,are most likely to attract bids outside of Alfie.
I do doubt whether SG will give the likes of Ross McCrorie and Docherty a chance again though which imho,is a mistake.

To win trophies you need a mix of types of player,just because their ball retention isn't as good as Davis or Jack at times doesn't mean they're not valuable assets in other ways.
In fact I'd suggest on a cold winters day in Perth where a fluid passing game isn't always a feasible option- Ross' tackling and physicality coupled with Docherty's running power from the middle of the park could have helped win us the game today.

First thing I would do is to tell Gerrard to appoint a new assistant manager who's had experience of Scottish football. I honestly don't know what Gary McAllister does any more apart from folding his arms offers nothing .

Katic and Goldson have been colossal up until the past month, I don’t think either are bad players and have proved that in Europe and pre January

My heart agrees with you, but my head tells me that they are too inconsistent.

They are good players, but seem to struggle sometimes with high balls and crosses.

We don’t need 6 or 7 starters, we probably need 4. Also at least 70% of the players we bring in need to be winners

We will if we want to actually win things. Already mediocrity is accepted within this squad and that can't be allowed to continue.

2 years this lot have failed us and even more dating back to the Warburton/Caixinha eras.

Enough is enough.

They are good players, but seem to struggle sometimes with high balls and crosses.

Personally would like to see a back 5 of Tav Goldson Katic Helander Barisic, with a midfield of Jack Arfield Aribo with Hagi In behind Kamberi and Alfie

We need at least one centre back, depending on Helanders form in a run of games that might be two.

Centre of the pitch we need 2.

That’s before anyone of quality goes out. You’ll also need a left back as cover, a right back as cover. There will be a lot of turnover in the summer. Again.
We need a defending right full back urgently.

We will if we want to actually win things. Already mediocrity is accepted within this squad and that can't be allowed to continue.

2 years this lot have failed us and even more dating back to the Warburton/Caixinha eras.

Enough is enough.
Thing is, if we keep ripping it up and starting again, where does that get us, it only sets us back, Man Utd are a perfect example

I'll get abuse for this but Morelos out, 2 quality Strikers in would improve the squad tremendously.

We need more options in central midfield, preferably players comfortable in possession and able to carry the ball.

We need another left footed centre back and left back cover.

We need 1 left winger and 2 on the right.

Majer in to compete with Hagi and Aribo as the 10

Key word being 'decent'. He is a decent player, but we need better than decent to win as consistently as we have to.

Even in his good games, he's always prone to one, or five, of those sloppy passes/lapses on the ball that gets us caught out in horrible positions. If the rumoured figures are true, I'd take the money for him in a heartbeat!

Out
Foderingham - Free
Halliday - Free
Flanagan - Free
Ojo - Return from loan

In
Ross McCrorie?
Hagi - £4m
Rb/Lb

Morelos will leave I’d imagine , Defoe needs replaced , Hagi isnt ours and can’t see us so splahing our again ( will depend how he finishes the season ) , Halliday gone , Flanagan out , Barker , ojo , Jones , Stewart , polster, all seem below the standard we require , it’s another rebuild job unfortunately.

I'm afraid Tav has to go in the summer, 4 seasons now of constant failings, Goldson and Morelos can go also and use whatever money we get for them on 3 quality players.

I'm afraid Tav has to go in the summer, 4 seasons now of constant failings, Goldson and Morelos can go also and use whatever money we get for them on 3 quality players.
Goldson isn’t the problem, when Liverpool had a bad spell a few years back in Klopps first season they persevered and look now, they bought a couple of top quality and didn’t make wholesale changes

Back