Summer changes

Thing is, if we keep ripping it up and starting again, where does that get us, it only sets us back, Man Utd are a perfect example

We have more than enough to work with we just need a proper spine to this team. Proven leaders and winners with a strong mentality and quality.

That's what's required.

We have more than enough to work with we just need a proper spine to this team. Proven leaders and winners with a strong mentality and quality.

That's what's required.
It’s 2/3 top quality players that are needed imho. I would be all for losing Morelos for a fee in the region of £20m, Hagi £4m and another 2 of that sort of quality

Goldson isn’t the problem, when Liverpool had a bad spell a few years back in Klopps first season they persevered and look now, they bought a couple of top quality and didn’t make wholesale changes
We need to stop comparing with Liverpool although I do understand your point, the fact is they bought 2 world class players.

Of course 2 amazing players could transform the squad but its unlikely, the weak mentality of most of the team is a huge concern.

for me it's the end of the road for Tav, Morelos and I wouldn't care if Goldson went either.

Where’s the money coming from to buy any better quality replacements? we spent millions on Goldson and Katic, that’s without Ellander, plus wages, with no noticeable income from merchandise we simply won’t be able to go out and sign the standard of player we all want. We’ll be shopping in the free transfer and loan market this summer once again.

no one will give us 6 million for kamara if he cant get a game for us.

Some posters are in cloud cuckoo land if they think we can offload under performers for big money then buy better players. Ffs £6-10m to Sheffield Utd for Kamara! Sheffield Utd are 7th in the premiership and four points behind champions league qualification. Some nut jobs on here think you can polish a turd and pass it off as the real deal. I’m not just referring to Kamara, there’s many more.

Morelos for a decent fee in the summer, as previous poster said reinvest in 2 quality strikers. Bring in someone with physicality who can play in the middle and move away from the double 10s and go back to playing with wingers.

Genuinely thought that was going to happen last summer .. but we didn’t really get the difference makers I thought we might get

I have to say I’d love to get Vydra in the door as well as Hagi permanently ... we also need a Rock solid centre half with leadership qualities

£10m for Kamara... Jesus Christ

Yep, we’ll just punt him to Sheffield United who’ve just signed Sander Berge.

Personally would like to see a back 5 of Tav Goldson Katic Helander Barisic, with a midfield of Jack Arfield Aribo with Hagi In behind Kamberi and Alfie

I would like to see that too as it would mean we have 12 players on the pitch, doubt it will be allowed tho!

Look to when the scum stopped our 10. They went out and bought International players. Lambert, Burnley, Boyd, McNamara......and guys who were winners in Scandinavia like Brattback and Reiper.
We need to do something similar. The difficulty is that the market has changed massively since then. Established internations do no come cheap.
We will need massive investment. That could be a problem.
And those bastards have money which I am sure they will throw at trying for 10.

Look to when the scum stopped our 10. They went out and bought International players. Lambert, Burnley, Boyd, McNamara......and guys who were winners in Scandinavia like Brattback and Reiper.
We need to do something similar. The difficulty is that the market has changed massively since then. Established internations do no come cheap.
We will need massive investment. That could be a problem.
And those bastards have money which I am sure they will throw at trying for 10.
As hard as it is, we need to forget about them for the short term and focus on sustainability, throwing money at it is too much of a long term risk

I hope that Shagger has another year left in him. I would sell Tav and Goldson, Stevie Davis is getting past his sell by date so, get rid along with Halliday. Keep Kamara unless some one offers us 4-6 million for him. I would also keep Kamberi and Aribo and am ambivalent about Arfield. Alfie will go for around 10M I think.

We desperately need a defensive right back , one new young center back and a destroyer in midfield to protect Hagi and Aribo. I would like to replace Alfie with Kamberi and Defoe/Mebude.

Dead easy this manager stuff.
The thought of McGregor's skills declining fills me with dread. Granted, he is partial to the the odd gaff and brain fade but he is an absolute top drawer keeper.

We will need 6 maybe 7 players of significant quality to go straight into that team changes need to be made then you have many of the poor fringe players either out of contract or going back to there parent clubs.

The summer recruitment will be massive and possibly one or two key players will have to go subsidise our dealings to seriously improve the squad.

Also we should be looking at decent out of contact players immediately.
I agree with this, i was surprised at the signings in the summer. Out of the signings we made who came in that improved our starting 11? Obviously kent and Defoe but they were on loan 2nd half of last season. Some games we have been playing with the exact same players as last season, that for me is concerning. Only other player who has came in the summer that wasnt there last season and improved us is hellander

We will need 6 maybe 7 players of significant quality to go straight into that team changes need to be made then you have many of the poor fringe players either out of contract or going back to there parent clubs.

The summer recruitment will be massive and possibly one or two key players will have to go subsidise our dealings to seriously improve the squad.

I agree with this, i was surprised at the signings in the summer. Out of the signings we made who came in that improved our starting 11? Obviously kent and Defoe but they were on loan 2nd half of last season. Some games we have been playing with the exact same players as last season, that for me is concerning. Only other player who has came in the summer that wasnt there last season and improved us is hellander

Out Halliday Flanagan Jones Barker Foderingham Docherty and Murphy the last two I'd keep but reckon they are gonners
Katic and Morelos to leave for decent money
Bring in
X2 striker's
Deep midfield playmaker
Competitive left back
Competitive right back
A 6ft 5 plus centre half who is comfortable on the ball
A back up goalkeeper

Helander and that's pretty much it

Kent was already here and we effectively blew the budget and left it to the last minute to get him something that appears to have backfired imo.

As for Defoe as much I like him what's the point giving him another year when he clearly can't play upfront by himself.

Other glaring errors are the ludicrous signings of Barker, JJ, Stewart, Ojo, even that guy King who we sent back early to Leicester.

It's a shambles and that's why Mark Allen was quickly binned.

The DOF will need to work wonders in the summer to turn this squad around.

Last edited:
Actually fo

Kent was already here and we effectively blew the budget and left it to the last minute to get him something that appears to have backfired imo.

As for Defoe as much I like him what's the point giving him another year when he clearly can't play upfront by himself.

Other glaring errors are the ludicrous signings of Barker, JJ, Stewart, Ojo, even that guy King who we sent back early to Leicester.

Actually i forgot about aribo, so out of all the signings we made aribo and possibly helander have only made our starting 11 stronger

Aribo?

We will need at the bare minimum.

A left back - back up to Barišić.
Better calibre of centre back.
CM.
Right sided attacker.
ST.

That's five without signing Hagi, Kamberi or losing any one; potentially Morelos, Kamara etc along with the dross that will leave.

We'll probably see a number of ins and outs again. Hopefully more players will be moved on because even some of the first team regulars aren't good enough.

Two seasons on the trot the majority of this squad have let us down.
I’d be very surprised to see Borna here next season tbh

I know we've been poor but trying to sneak an extra man on the pitch might be taking it too far unless you're intentionally excluding a keeper

Personally would like to see a back 5 of Tav Goldson Katic Helander Barisic, with a midfield of Jack Arfield Aribo with Hagi In behind Kamberi and Alfie

We need to cut the limb off to survive.

Squad fodder like Ojo, Halliday, Barker, Holt, Fotheringham and Jones need to be replaced.

We then need to replace SG’s core players to generate funds

Tav 8 mill
Goldson 7m
Jack 4/5m
Kent need to get fee back or more if we can.
Morelos if we can get 20 mill or above then great.

There is no way a manager would be given all of this money. However to catch up and get players who are consistent to take part in a title run we need to spend about 25 mill.
We need a central core of the team (5 players) and all have to be winners.
It is then up to our DOF to find them and we can’t afford any failures.
We would also need to find a few good out of contract players and we are still failing to bring through youth like Celtic have been doing.

He has added something to our team but for all his talent we need to find his correct position and get more out of him on a consistent basis.

His last two games has seen a great contribution but that's came as a left wing back when going for broke.

I hope that Shagger has another year left in him. I would sell Tav and Goldson, Stevie Davis is getting past his sell by date so, get rid along with Halliday. Keep Kamara unless some one offers us 4-6 million for him. I would also keep Kamberi and Aribo and am ambivalent about Arfield. Alfie will go for around 10M I think.

We desperately need a defensive right back , one new young center back and a destroyer in midfield to protect Hagi and Aribo. I would like to replace Alfie with Kamberi and Defoe/Mebude.

Dead easy this manager stuff.
Thank %^*& you’re not the manager mate. Jesus Christ that’s mental. £10m for Morelos, replacing him with a 38 year old Jermaine Defoe.

This is how I'd like to see the squad shape up next season.

McGregor
Mcrorie
Firth

Tav
Patterson

Barisic
New LB

Goldson
Helander
Katic
Edmunson

New CM
Jack
Davis
Aribo
Arfield
Docherty
Mcrorie (I think Ross can be useful in certain games that are more physical)

New winger x 2
Kent
Hagi
Stewart

New CF x 2
Defoe
Kamberi (if he continues his form)

Outs..

Morelos- sell
Kamara - sell

Wes - free
Halliday - free
Flannigan - free
Polster - loan/ sell
Ojo - back to Liverpool
Barker - Sell/ loan out.
Jones- sell
Agree with this

Thank %^*& you’re not the manager mate. Jesus Christ that’s mental. £10m for Morelos, replacing him with a 38 year old Jermaine Defoe.

The way Alfie has been playing mate, I wouldn't pay much more than 10m. Hopefully he finds the form and attitude he had before Xmas then we can expect a lot more.

Back