Summer ins and outs

2 central midfielders is a must

1 to share the load with Davis (Gilmour loan would be ideal) & a starter for the Arfield role.

In terms of big outgoings, I wouldn't be averse to to selling Borna and replacing him with Puchacz from Lech and selling Hagi and bring in someone with a bit more power and pace.

That's Defoe's long term replacement I reckon if a deal does go through.

Balogun fully deserved another season he has played a big part at times and played way more than even I initially expected.
Not saying he doesn’t “deserve” it, just all things considered, I was little surprised we extended it. No room for sentimentality, and I felt we could upgrade with better than Balogun.

Not saying he doesn’t “deserve” it, just all things considered, I was little surprised we extended it. No room for sentimentality, and I felt we could upgrade with better than Balogun.
I think the deal we initially signed him on had a clause that if he played more than a set number of games he got the extension.

I don‘t have a problem with him staying. He served us well in the vast majority of games he played. Some have got a bit of a ‘downer’ on him after a few weak performances when played out of position at right-back. As a centre-back, he’s the best back-up to Helander we have. Much more reliable than either of Katic or Edmundson, for example.

He's 23 and a completely different style of striker

Didn’t realise he was 23, had it in my head he was younger than that.

Even though he is a different type of striker to Alfie, doesn’t mean the coaching staff don’t see him as Alfie’s replacement. (If Alfie is away)

Bags of pace with an eye for goal, seems to get into good goalscoring positions added bonus he can play in Kent's role apparently.

Could give us a different option especially in Europe on the counter attack.
I do wonder if we might play with more of a 'false nine'more often.
I'm not saying Sakala would fill that role,I haven't seen enough of him to know either way tbh but adding him to our attacking arsenal certainly does appeal from what I have seen and heard.

Depends who goes out. As it stands I’d say the first area to strengthen is midfield as we have an aging Davis, injury troubled Jack and Arfield also not getting younger.

Id not say Defoe, Jones or Stewart need replaced. We have Morelos, roofe, itten, Aribo, hagi, Kent, Wright.

Centre half is probably the next area to strengthen, even though I love Goldson and Helander, more pace would make us a better side.
Only if he was actually a better centre back as well.
Pace is an advantage but not top priority.

Kryeziu from Zurich. Back up for Jack.
I think I’d be looking for improvements on Ryan Jack to be honest.
I like Jack as a player but, too many injuries and midfield, right midfield in particular, is the area I reckon we need better players than we have.
Ditto at centre forward if Morelos goes.
I’d be looking for better than Roofe and Itten as replacements.

Itten is a project and roofe is a number 9 playing, a wide roll. He said himself he’s better through the middle.
How long do you give the project?
I won’t be writing him off but, other than against Motherwell, he hasn’t shown enough and if he’s doing better in training to earn the opportunity, that would be more of a concern.

Roofe has produced have you watched up this season?
Personally, I’m looking for more from a player with his cv.
He’ll get a break with his injury record perhaps holding him back a bit but, that can’t last forever.

Personally, I’m looking for more from a player with his cv.
He’ll get a break with his injury record perhaps holding him back a bit but, that can’t last forever.
He hasn't got up to top form since his injury but he's scored some massive goals for us this season.

Benfica at home
3-1 Motherwell game

are just two examples.

He hasn't got up to top form since his injury but he's scored some massive goals for us this season.

Benfica at home
3-1 Motherwell game

are just two examples.
All true.
If and when he gets to top form and contributing more, I’ll be extremely happy.

Love to keep the team together for another full season. CL qualification of course will be a big factor in that happening, and a big gamble if we fail to qualify and hope to offload a Barisic, Kamara or Helander to plug a financial gap before the window shuts.

This could be the first pre season where a bit of pressure is applied to Wilson via the board to actively look to move on a player we can get +£10m for.

I used to think Kamara would be the "easiest" to replace but I've kind of change my mind on that, he is crucial to our system, as is Barisic and Morelos. As much as I like Helander, I think we could replace him given good scouting and I think we have ample cover domestically for him.
I actually think what we have now is not enough to believe we can make the CL groups which is a primary aim alongside winning the spl title Hap.

I am taking my measure from the good grade teams we have met in the last couple of seasons , Slavia and Kaiserslautern and Benfica and Porto . Imo we could be technically equipped but short on athleticism and pace and power .

I think I’d be looking for improvements on Ryan Jack to be honest.
I like Jack as a player but, too many injuries and midfield, right midfield in particular, is the area I reckon we need better players than we have.
Ditto at centre forward if Morelos goes.
I’d be looking for better than Roofe and Itten as replacements.
Yes. Always look for improvement

One thing is certain I trust Gerrard and Wilson to deliver

Me too, it's exciting when you hear them talking about already having plans for future transfer windows and not just this one.

I reckon dealings are well under way across the board and have been for quite some time.

Me too, it's exciting when you hear them talking about already having plans for future transfer windows and not just this one.

I reckon dealings are well under way across the board and have been for quite some time.
I think you're correct, all signings will be close to be confirmed

Back