Summer ins and outs

I think a lot will hinge on CL qualification and offers for our best players, if they come in. Slavia (scum) are an indicator of the level of team we will need to get past to qualify so it isn't a given but, if we could, it would put us in a great place.

We know our best players are being scouted regularly and we will deal with offers if they come in but every player has a price.

Ultimately I don't think we need to change much. We have decent strength in every position although, we have seen with injuries to Aribo, Arfield and Jack, the one area we could do with more depth is in the middle. We simply cannot put the same burden of games on Davis again next season.
Hekuran Kryeziu of Zurich. This guy will do us a turn without Jack.

We need some top quality by the start of season 22/23.
Not convinced with roofe and itten, theyve had a year and now need to produce.
Balogun, davis, mcgregor and defoe are all away season 22/23, thats a lot of expierence.
Yeah Roofe just hasn’t been consistent enough for me, for the money we’ve spent, and in the games he didn’t score in he often didn’t do much at all. Itten I like attitude-wise but just doesn’t get into good scoring positions enough.

Yeah Roofe just hasn’t been consistent enough for me, for the money we’ve spent, and in the games he didn’t score in he often didn’t do much at all. Itten I like attitude-wise but just doesn’t get into good scoring positions enough.
Roofe has had a couple of bad sendings offs as well.
Ittens a slight upgrade on Kamberi imo.

Don't disagree with any of that mate and whilst some will turn their noses up, Gilmour is a good shout.

Another who I really like, is David McGoldrick of Sheffield Utd. I know many will tell me 'we won't progress signing Sheffield Utd players' but he is a standout for them any time I've seen them. Reminds me a lot of Kamara in the way he moves and his close control but he probably is a bit more forward thinking so chips in with goals.

If we want 'high profile' it will likely be loans, otherwise it's about finding value and taking a punt on guys. Only sticking point with him is id expect the fee and wage demands to be a lot higher than that of Jack or Kamara for example. Obviously makes it more risky.
jesus christ

Edmundson, Katic (Loan), Mayo, Barjonas, Zungu, Barker, Jones, Middleton, Hastie, Stewart, Defoe, McCrorie and Murphy permanently away.

13 out

Plenty of wages freed up there.

Bring in 4 quality players at the minimum.

2 dynamic central midfielders preferably a box to box and a creative playmaker.

A right sided Kent.

And a pacey striker.

That'll do me.
Wright, Aribo and Hagi can play on the right

Midfield and cover for left-back are areas that I think need addressed. Bassey doesn't look ready to be a regular starter in the event that Borna becomes unavailable.

We need some top quality by the start of season 22/23.
Not convinced with roofe and itten, theyve had a year and now need to produce.
Balogun, davis, mcgregor and defoe are all away season 22/23, thats a lot of expierence.
Itten is a project and roofe is a number 9 playing, a wide roll. He said himself he’s better through the middle.

Don't disagree with any of that mate and whilst some will turn their noses up, Gilmour is a good shout.

Another who I really like, is David McGoldrick of Sheffield Utd. I know many will tell me 'we won't progress signing Sheffield Utd players' but he is a standout for them any time I've seen them. Reminds me a lot of Kamara in the way he moves and his close control but he probably is a bit more forward thinking so chips in with goals.

If we want 'high profile' it will likely be loans, otherwise it's about finding value and taking a punt on guys. Only sticking point with him is id expect the fee and wage demands to be a lot higher than that of Jack or Kamara for example. Obviously makes it more risky.
Is he not a Rep of Ireland player , do we really need to go down that road once the filth see we are interested they would swoop just to make headlines can you imagine the media up here with that , its a no thanks .

Someone like Stuart Dallas would be a decent signing, he’s not on big wages and he’s more than decent in several positions.
He most certainly would be a more than decent signing. However, Stuart Dallas has started every one of Leeds EPL matches this season, and been on the pitch for the full 90 minutes in virtually all of them. He’s a key member of their team. 7 goals and 2 assists. Although 30 he has 2 years on his contract and would cost much, much more than we’d pay for someone at that age.

Mainstay of my Fantasy Footie team for most of the season.:)

Last edited:
I’d stick with goldson and helander, understand the need for more pace but we have conceded 12 goals domestically and I think 15 in European competitions, Helander is a Swedish internationalist that we picked up for 3.5 million.. where else are we picking up someone with his ability never mind throwing bags of pace into the equation, your talking 10/15 million.

we’ve got to look to constantly improve. I think that is now from acquiring one or two high quality players, not 6 or 7 low cost ones.

very much depends on who goes out, what money we bring in and our budget.

we’ve got to look to constantly improve. I think that is now from acquiring one or two high quality players, not 6 or 7 low cost ones.

very much depends on who goes out, what money we bring in and our budget.
Simpson looks to have pace. Too early to judge if he has the other attributes at the right levels though.

This is our chance to be bold in the window and kick on (like the Tims should have been doing previous to now). I want to see decent money spent on a CB and a centre midfielder to really bolster those areas and then potentially, if the right deal was available, an attacking player. I’d like to see us recruiting genuine quality in the CB and CM positions though.

Re the talk re Itten and Simpson. It’s far too early to start writing them off. From what little I’ve seen of them Itten hasn’t had much of an impact compared to Wright or Patterson. Simpson has had no real opportunity and clearly needs a run of games to get up to speed as he looks good on the ball but on first impression a bit uncertain and not physical enough. The jury is out until they get a run of games and prove what they can do. It’ll be at least the end of next season before we can judge how good they are.

Is he not a Rep of Ireland player , do we really need to go down that road once the filth see we are interested they would swoop just to make headlines can you imagine the media up here with that , its a no thanks .

Yeah, a mistake on my part mate. Said a few posts later i made an arse of it. I didn't even know he was a centre forward, never mind the age of him :)

ROI player doesn't bother me mind you but, as said it doesn't matter anyway. Just a guy I liked the look of in, admittedly, limited times i had seen him.

The rumoured interest in Lundstrom dropped off?

List of contracts that are ending.

I hope so. I've watched him a fair bit since our rumoured interest and he has been terrible. On current form he would get anywhere near our midfield.

Dallas would be a cracking player to get on board really clocks up a decent amount of goals/assists every year and has played rb before too so his defensive side to the game will be upto a good standard which would be helpful in Europe as well as some games here ie Celtic, Hibs etc? What’s his value ?

Some of the people on here need to stop playing fifa and football manager then thinking we will sign xyz. 2 will come in and will most likely be British based due to brexit or have 80% forgot about that

Some of the people on here need to stop playing fifa and football manager then thinking we will sign xyz. 2 will come in and will most likely be British based due to brexit or have 80% forgot about that
Would take a wee guess we will sign one or two not of these shores given where our scouting has predominantly been this season

Is Stuart Dallas really a realistic target? Is he out of contract or something?

He's a mainstay in a Leeds team who are doing well, only going to improve, and playing in the EPL. Would he want to leave?

Is Stuart Dallas really a realistic target? Is he out of contract or something?

He's a mainstay in a Leeds team who are doing well, only going to improve, and playing in the EPL. Would he want to leave?
Unless we tug at the heartstrings a lot for him being a supporter then it’s totally unrealistic

I think a lot will hinge on CL qualification and offers for our best players, if they come in. Slavia (scum) are an indicator of the level of team we will need to get past to qualify so it isn't a given but, if we could, it would put us in a great place.

We know our best players are being scouted regularly and we will deal with offers if they come in but every player has a price.

Ultimately I don't think we need to change much. We have decent strength in every position although, we have seen with injuries to Aribo, Arfield and Jack, the one area we could do with more depth is in the middle. We simply cannot put the same burden of games on Davis again next season.
I'd agree,we don't need wholesale changes but two or three match winners that can turn games for us in order to get to the next level in Europe and I think that will be the Gaffer's aim, and as you say midfield needs addressed,what with Davis and Arfield the ages they are and a question mark over Jack. Hopefully we can keep all of our best players and add to what we have. Maybe the prospect of playing in the CL will lure 2/3 classier players we need.

Gauld and Sakala both free. Simon Deli free too but probably ruined his chances.
FWIW, putting aside what happened against Slavia, I think Simon Deli would be a fantastic signing. If the rumours about the interest in Helander are true, we need to have a top level replacement in mind if he were to go. (Not that I want Helander to go btw)

Fucking hell, from reading this you'd think our entire first team was ready to be sold.

And people having a pop at itten and Simpson? They're projects and squad players right now.

They'll step up.

I have full faith in Gerrard and Wilson to deliver.
I worry about Simpson. He just doesn't look like a Rangers cb to me. He's pacy and has decent technique on the ball but not physical, doesn't tackle and is prone to concentration lapses. He's a budget version of Ajer and I don't think those issues are likely to be corrected at his age.

Itten needs to play with his head up. Whenever he plays he seems to be doing okay but nobody around him ever looks like they're combining with him. Looking at the Saints game I think it's because every time he gets on the ball he's looking down at it. To play in our system he's got to be more aware of movement (and defenders) around him. Some of that is rustiness I think so I'm not writing him off because he's got all the tools you'd want - power, pace, technique, and a really good attitude but the sum so far is less than the parts.

I noticed that dejan ljubicic had a failed medical just over a year ago at Chicago Fire that killed a deal for his transfer . An ACL problem. He has played a lot this season so not sure how it was resolved but he is certainly a player who has talents won’t ever forget that goal he scored to knock us out in Vienna .

I worry about Simpson. He just doesn't look like a Rangers cb to me. He's pacy and has decent technique on the ball but not physical, doesn't tackle and is prone to concentration lapses. He's a budget version of Ajer and I don't think those issues are likely to be corrected at his age.

Itten needs to play with his head up. Whenever he plays he seems to be doing okay but nobody around him ever looks like they're combining with him. Looking at the Saints game I think it's because every time he gets on the ball he's looking down at it. To play in our system he's got to be more aware of movement (and defenders) around him. Some of that is rustiness I think so I'm not writing him off because he's got all the tools you'd want - power, pace, technique, and a really good attitude but the sum so far is less than the parts.
I think it’s too early to say re Simpson , way to early probably mate . He is certainly on the slim side of CDs right now but I can imagine him being beefed up and that bit more body strength can be vital in football . Some more attitude is a requirement too which I think is one of your points .

itten I feel does link up well it’s one of his skill sets but I do agree the sum of the parts isn’t what we need just yet .

will have to trust the coaches with these two and see what becomes of them imo .

Jakub Jankto.

Midfield for me is the key area to look at this summer. We were previously linked with Jakub Jankto. I can’t claim to have seen anything other than You Tube reels, but from what I’ve read about him and seen on you tube, I think he would be a quality addition to the midfield.

Transfermarket have him valued at £9m, so whether or not we have the finances to get him is another question, but if we want to move to the next level, this is probably the sort of player we need to be looking at. We paid £7m for Kent, so depending on any outgoings and depending on champions league group stage qualification, then perhaps £9m for a quality addition is not completely out of the question.

Back