Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave them Defoe & got pelters, U can tell them about Ballotelli!

Defoe is true as well!

Its not really fair of you to take the piss. Folk wont be able to distinguish truth and piss taking and end up foaming at the mouth when we dont sign superstars.

It Defoe is possible.

Check who he's following on twitter.
giphy.gif

im not disputing that but hes 35. It's another player going for his last paycheck imo.
Yes he is 35 but he is still fit and fast, i agree its not ideal to keep going for older players but he would deffo score goals in the spl and score a lot of them.

We do need to start going for younger hungry players aswell so i do get where you are coming from but i honestly believe he would score a lot for us.

I can see this thread descending into the usual 'core' group sharing in jokes and wind-ups. While the rest f us want to see the genuine rumours and info. It's not even June yet and the lunatics have taken over the asylum

The Lewis footage is good. A left back though I think, not a winger...?

My apologies, I must say, from his defensive duties and even going forward, this boy looks an exciting talent and in my mind, if you're good enough, you're old enough. Look at that young boy, Harry Cochrane, there would have to be a reason Rangers would be linked to someone that exciting, plus Gerrard highly rated him. It's how a boy like that would cope playing in front of 50,000. Nonetheless, exciting times ahead.

The funny thing being that Miller scored 21 goals when he was 35, and is far poorer than Defoe...

FWIW i dont want a team full of OAPs but chances are we will have a few old heads in the team to balance out youth.

What planet do some folk live on man? Jermaine Defoe would bang goals in up here when he’s 75 ffs!
He’d run amok up here, 35 or not. The issue might just be his absolutely astronomical wage demands.
However, if it was to somehow happen, let’s not kid ourselves on that it’s somehow a poor signing.

Hope we don't put a clause in Defoe's contract to play when fit like we did with Russell Martin. It can clearly have a very negative effect on the team if he's ever out of form.

Defoe I’d be delighted about but I can’t see him taking a wage cut of at least £70k a week to come to us

TBF its become quite common for high profile players that age to be faced with the following choice

1) Take a massive wage cut but still play competitive football
2) Go on a jaunt somewhere abroad, raking in the money with little effort

My apologies, I must say, from his defensive duties and even going forward, this boy looks an exciting talent and in my mind, if you're good enough, you're old enough. Look at that young boy, Harry Cochrane, there would have to be a reason Rangers would be linked to someone that exciting, plus Gerrard highly rated him. It's how a boy like that would cope playing in front of 50,000. Nonetheless, exciting times ahead.
I’m sure at the very least he’s a better option than Hodson.

Already apologised to the mrs about the amount of time I'm going to be on this thread when we go to Lanzarote in 3 weeks

I do love these threads and don't quite understand people getting annoyed at it as they don't believe the names mentioned.

Defoe though? Come on???? Surely not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back