Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure at the very least he’s a better option than Hodson.

Look at Tierney for Celtic, I feel there's so many great young talent we can take advantage of down south who are not getting into the first team that we can exploit. I think he'd do well and you're spot on about that, he's a definite upgrade to Hodson.

Actually burst out laughing seeing cunts turning their nose up at Defoe, what planet do some ppl live on? Would score a barrowload without a doubt! And btw there is no Bournemouth player earning 100 grand a week.

Another planet, it's no different to some who turned their nose up at Fernando Torres, the same Torres who this season was still scoring goals in a top league. Honestly, if we get players of that ilk, you can guarantee there would be 20+ goals in there. Morelos will have quality around him finally. I would love to see these sort of players come in.

%^*& it...

I wouldn't want Defoe he likely would be on wages kicking the arse of 50k a week ...thats got admin all over it - some things are more important.

As an aside the deal to take him to Bournemouth was a 20 million package they aren't fucking that off after a year.

Yet still playing brilliant this season, have you watched him play this season ? i suggest you haven't aand are just jumping on the bandwagon because of his age.

He was brilliant at left back both legs v Middlesborough againt a very fast and powerful winger in Traore.

I have watched plenty of him. He was good against boro. He' 33 however. He's nowhere close to the same force he was going forward. I think we can get young full back who we can sell on who offers more. Hutton is a lazy lazy transfer target.

McGregor is different. 36 is fine for a keeper and a good goalie is hard to come by.

2ngzg5l.jpg

Right Rangers, Defoe next ;)

:eek::eek::eek: Going to need to feck this out mate I’ve got work to do and need to sleep at nights can’t be on here refreshing this forum all the time I lost a good few days sleep with the Gerrard express thread :)

What planet do some folk live on man? Jermaine Defoe would bang goals in up here when he’s 75 ffs!
He’d run amok up here, 35 or not. The issue might just be his absolutely astronomical wage demands.
However, if it was to somehow happen, let’s not kid ourselves on that it’s somehow a poor signing.
This guy is a predator in and around the box as you say even at 35 would bang in the goals.

%^*& it...

I wouldn't want Defoe he likely would be on wages kicking the arse of 50k a week ...thats got admin all over it - some things are more important.

As an aside the deal to take him to Bournemouth was a 20 million package they aren't fucking that off after a year.

Try double it and then some :D

I don't understand this need for every signing to be young and having sell on potential. We need a mixture of both, the younger signings will come. I'm not saying Defoe will happen but to turn our noses up at a proven goal scorer just because he isn't in his early 20's in insane. We couldn't afford a player that good at that age in this current market.

I have watched plenty of him. He was good against boro. He' 33 however. He's nowhere close to the same force he was going forward. I think we can get young full back who we can sell on who offers more. Hutton is a lazy lazy transfer target.

McGregor is different. 36 is fine for a keeper and a good goalie is hard to come by.
Hutton can defend better than he used to, we have no cover for left or right back and he can cover both positions.

Doesnt sound lazy to me m8

You don’t care about the ability just as long as he’s young ?
Yes you’re right I hope we sign a really shit young striker.
What the fucks the problem with having a couple of experienced players? Even at 35 Defoe is fast and sharp and would bag us at least 25 goals next season.

All that matters is winning the title, and if you’re arguing Defoe wouldn’t be a major asset you’re off your rocker.
And Kranjcar will stroll it and Barton will run the show and Alves will dominate and blah blah blah.

Defoe would score for fun up here...if fit the amount of chances we create he would score 25+ easy if he's willing to take a massive wage cut to right I'd sign him in a heart beat !

Last edited:
Hutton can defend better than he used to, we have no cover for left or right back and he can cover both positions.

Doesnt sound lazy to me m8

Fair enough but for me I think there has to be better and more innovative options. Mark Allan/stevie g must have more ideas than 33 year old ec players.

Fair enough but for me I think there has to be better and more innovative options. Mark Allan/stevie g must have more ideas than 33 year old ec players.
I agree we cant be signing lots of 30 plus players, i would like to pick out gems from europe, young hungry players we can develop and sell on, perhaps we will get a mix of both.

And Kranjcar will stroll it and Barton will run the show and Alves will dominate and blah blah blah.

How can people keep going with this same argument? Not every player is like them. Three players didn't play anywhere as good as they should have so let's just write every player off that's an older big name because that means every single one of them is rotten....

How can people keep going with this same argument? Not every player is like them. Three players didn't play anywhere as good as they should have so let's just write every player off that's an older big name because that means every single one of them is rotten....
We should absolutely right off older players yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back