Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the scum wouldve said the same about Ian Wright all those years ago

I'd much rather go down the young and hungry route...Defoe only scored 4 last season so could be on the downwards slope now?

No doubt that he has been a good goalscorer and hopefully he could be more of a Rod Wallace than an Ian Wright ;)
Only 13 starts

scored 15 2 seasons in a row prior for Sunderland.

d74b2558f8.png

Any theories as to why there was no press conference today as there was with Arfield? And also no quotes from Gerrard either as we also saw with Arfield.
Not thinking anything dodgy, just interested as to why it's been handled differently.

Any theories as to why there was no press conference today as there was with Arfield? And also no quotes from Gerrard either as we also saw with Arfield.
Not thinking anything dodgy, just interested as to why it's been handled differently.

There has been quotes from Gerrard.

So bid for Goldson rejected and interest in Reece Burke according to papers down south.

Latest H&H podcast mentions our interest in a loan deal for Tosin Adarabioyo
'Yer Da' on here will be pleased to hear that mate,he's been suggesting going for that lad for sometime on here so kudos to him for calling that if true.

I bet the scum wouldve said the same about Ian Wright all those years ago

I'd much rather go down the young and hungry route...Defoe only scored 4 last season so could be on the downwards slope now?

No doubt that he has been a good goalscorer and hopefully he could be more of a Rod Wallace than an Ian Wright ;)

Rod Wallace not about 28/29 when he signed for us?

Gerrard quotes/comments are on official site now.

ALLAN McGREGOR today became Steven Gerrard’s second Rangers signing, with the new manager thrilled to have the goalkeeper on-board.

Gerrard, who will officially begin his managerial duties on June 1, adds McGregor to Scott Arfield, who signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues on Monday.

It’s a been a great start to the new boss’ business, and McGregor’s qualities made the decision to sign him a no-brainer for Gerrard.

He said: “I am delighted to confirm Allan as my second signing this summer as we continue preparations for next season.

“He is vastly experienced goalkeeper who we feel can add to the options available to us currently. He has won lots of silverware for this club, and has shone at the highest level in Europe.

“I have played against Allan a number of times in my own career and I know just how fierce a competitor he can be.

“He is a Rangers supporter who rose through the ranks here, so having someone with such a depth of feeling towards the club is another great asset to the squad

'Yer Da' on here will be pleased to hear that mate,he's been suggesting going for that lad for sometime on here so kudos to him for calling that if true.

He has indeed, got stick for suggesting it as well and people accused him of just pulling a name out his arse.

Can’t say I’d be too excited about Defoe to be honest.

35 year old, on huge wages & not played a lot of football last year to his deteriorating ability.

Id quite like to see him sign with us, he's another massive name and he would contribute something. Someone i would really like us to sign that has been touted on here is Lucas. What a player.

One day you are going to be excited about something, i can feel its close :)
I have to say I'm in the 'not sure' about Defoe as well mate,great player if he stays fit but I can't help but think a guy that relies on pace especially,is going to have a few muscle injuries up here in the winter months(a la Alves).
Hope I'm wrong and he does indeed come and bang in 30 goals en route to 55,but I can't see it sadly.

And then there's the 65k a week wages he's getting obviously :D

I have to say I'm in the 'not sure' about Defoe as well mate,great player if he stays fit but I can't help but think a guy that relies on pace especially,is going to have a few muscle injuries up here in the winter months(a la Alves).
Hope I'm wrong and he does indeed come and bang in 30 goals en route to 55,but I can't see it sadly.

And then there's the 65k a week wages he's getting obviously :D
Of course these things could happen but they might not, we wont be buying him and we wont be paying 60k a week, if its a 1 year loan then great. He is in excellent condition amd still has his pace.

Fries my braim that folk would turn their nose up on a years loan for Defoe.

He'd run a-fucking-mok up here, genuinely.
The entire forum, me included, were absolutely sure Barton would be the best midfielder in the country & Alves would skoosh it.

Its just not that easy when players are in their later years, decreasing in ability every year. Especially when pace plays a massive part in their game, like it does for Defoe.

The entire forum, me included, were absolutely sure Barton would be the best midfielder in the country & Alves would skoosh it.

Its just not that easy when players are in their later years, decreasing in ability every year. Especially when pace plays a massive part in their game, like it does for Defoe.
The proof will be in the pudding, all guesswork until he actually plays (if he signs)

If you look at him as a replacement for Miller it’s not a bad idea. As a first team regular, I’d rather Alfredo.

Nobody knows what would happen if Defoe were to sign, ( and I make no apologies for posting this goal as I love watching it ) but this is just a taste of what he can do, as he makes up ground on the defender with those aging legs:

Feed Defoe, and he will score.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back