Summer Transfer Thread

Opta

One of my suppliers is a big donnie fan and friendly with the chairman.

Apparently stevie g asked mccann about herbie kane(midfielder on loan from liverpool) and during same conversation mccann was told we were looking to send middleton out on loan.

Dont know if anymore to it at the moment.
I’m pretty sure Grant McCann said last summer that we tried to sign Herbie Kane on a permanent but Liverpool would only loan him out.

The team has a better balance with the midfield 3 doing the defensive work and allowing a forward 3 to stay high up the pitch.

That's why I think Aribo would be a great addition, given he's left footed and would offer a real balance to that midfield 3.
Agreed again. People keep talking about a ten but I don’t think that’s what we need. A genuine midfielder who is a leftie and who can score from outside the box would be ideal though.

BrownBrogues

The team has a better balance with the midfield 3 doing the defensive work and allowing a forward 3 to stay high up the pitch.

That's why I think Aribo would be a great addition, given he's left footed and would offer a real balance to that midfield 3.
Well Mate it would be good to have these options especially with 4 competitions to compete in, we won’t be caught light next season. Add Jones and Stewart in to the mixer, lost of creative options and goal threats.

_WATP_

Date: 10th June 2019 at 7:00pm

Sheyi Ojo has agreed the terms of a new five-year contract with Liverpool, Football Insider understands.

The Merseyside giants have moved to further tie down the winger, 21, even though he only signed his most recent extension in August of last year.

MSF

I’m pretty sure Grant McCann said last summer that we tried to sign Herbie Kane on a permanent but Liverpool would only loan him out.
Yeah it seems Gerrard is a massive fan. The McCann quotes kind of went under the radar last year.

Kane was in L1 TOTY I’m sure.

Sasa-

I'd rather Middleton or Hastie than Candeias.
Candeias offers something completely different to the rest of our wingers though so I think it would be more valuable having him as a squad player compared to those two.

Also, Hastie and Middleton spending the season on our bench will just be detrimental to their development. They have to be getting consistent game time so sending them out on loan will be the sensible option with the hope that they'll be good enough to break in properly in a year or 2.

If both players are to be loaned out I'd prefer them to go to SPL teams. It's something we dont do enough and I think Middleton would benefit from first team football in the league.

Hastie has played half a season and proved himself but a change of scenery wouldn't do him any harm either, but if we are loaning players we need to make it work in our favour on more fronts that just game time somewhere!

LD5

Candeias offers something completely different to the rest of our wingers though so I think it would be more valuable having him as a squad player compared to those two.

Also, Hastie and Middleton spending the season on our bench will just be detrimental to their development. They have to be getting consistent game time so sending them out on loan will be the sensible option with the hope that they'll be good enough to break in properly in a year or 2.
Candeias last year I agree, since christmas he has been absolutely woeful though.

Sasa-

Candeias last year I agree, since christmas he has been absolutely woeful though.
I agree his performance level has dropped a lot, which is why he shouldn't be a starter anymore. But having him on the bench for the workrate he brings would still be valuable for me.

Forza_Napoli

Middleton obviously rumoured to be going down south to Doncaster on loan.

I would like to see him playing at a better level down south or in the SPFL.

Regarding Hastie, it would be interesting to see him at a Hearts or Hibs perhaps.
Doncaster will be looking to go up this season making the play offs will be the minimum requirement for them this season. I reckon it's a good move playing in an attacking team that's under pressure to get results. People want to loan out players to spl teams but not hibs hearts or Aberdeen yet thats where players will develop the most. Scraping for points and St Mirren or a Dundee where they play hoof ball won't develop players

Opta

At the risk of sounding like the maniacs who read in to everything far too much...

He was Kents best pal in the squad. If anyone knows if theres a good chance, its him.
To be fair it could just be reading to much into that, the majority of the comments on that post before he posted was ‘announce kent’.

Jimmy Jazz

Love how much social media dictates the way so many think nowadays. Did Tav not tweet a picture the other week of himself and a blurry image of Kent in the background and everyone lost their shit?

I have a feeling if we get in Ojo and Kent, then we won't go in for Greg Stewart.

Even though by all accounts terms are agreed, surely if we wanted him badly enough, we'd have taken him on loan in January before offering him a contract? Only way I can see him coming if we get the Liverpool duo is if Hastie and Middleton are loaned out, and Grezda and Candeias move on.

Pepe Silvia

Wouldn’t read go much in to Hallidays comment, looks to me like it was more just tongue and cheek as it was a video about him but practically every comment under it was “announce Kent”

SuperGers07

I have a feeling if we get in Ojo and Kent, then we won't go in for Greg Stewart.

Even though by all accounts terms are agreed, surely if we wanted him badly enough, we'd have taken him on loan in January before offering him a contract? Only way I can see him coming if we get the Liverpool duo is if Hastie and Middleton are loaned out, and Grezda and Candeias move on.
Stewart has signed up.

Stewart deal was done weeks ago.

The Stewart deal is done

I think it will happen I think Middleton and Hastie going out confirms it for me, Ojo on one wing Kent on the other Candeias and Murphy back up
When you add in Jones to the mix.........Grezda is still hanging about aswell.

It makes sense to loan out the 2 young boys for their development. I would hope it would be to clubs in the Scottish premiership though to see how they get on.

It baffles me if we are considering playing arfield further back again. We have a genuine difference maker in arfield since we moved him forward. Surely we intend to continue with that?

Arfield will start the season in the same position he finished last season.

He's the best player in the country in that position by an absolute mile.

Another 2 goals for Canada yesterday.

Last edited: