Summer Transfer Thread

Anyone know if we've completely given up on Jake Cooper at the den ?

I know they valued him at way above our offer last season - & I've no idea what length of contract he's still on - but of course he now has one year less left - however long it is

I haven't heard of anyone else interested either
He signed a new long term deal in December, talking close to if not £10m now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46567224

Defender Jake Cooper has signed a new "long-term" contract with Championship side Millwall.
The 23-year-old, who joined from Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee in July 2017, has been ever-present in the league this season.
He played 38 Championship games last term, helping Millwall finish in eighth place, and won the club's young player of the season award.
The length of Cooper's new contract has not been revealed.

He signed a new long term deal in December, talking close to if not £10m now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46567224

Defender Jake Cooper has signed a new "long-term" contract with Championship side Millwall.
The 23-year-old, who joined from Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee in July 2017, has been ever-present in the league this season.
He played 38 Championship games last term, helping Millwall finish in eighth place, and won the club's young player of the season award.
The length of Cooper's new contract has not been revealed.
Thanks mate -
That's a pity
Well out of our reach now
& I'm sure he'd have been a good addition for us

I’m hoping Aribo is announced by the weekend. He has options of course but the Marcus Gayle interview suggested he was seriously considering us.
I'm stalking him on social media in case there is a clue...! Gayle spoke very highly of us and it sounds like he has been a positive influence in Aribos career, that coupled with European football, Gerrard and the change to go down in history as part of a revolution...

I'm stalking him on social media in case there is a clue...! Gayle spoke very highly of us and it sounds like he has been a positive influence in Aribos career, that coupled with European football, Gerrard and the change to go down in history as part of a revolution...
Apparently we have made him a long term deal and on a very competitive wage.

Anyone know if we've completely given up on Jake Cooper at the den ?

I know they valued him at way above our offer last season - & I've no idea what length of contract he's still on - but of course he now has one year less left - however long it is

I haven't heard of anyone else interested either
Signed an extension according to a Lions fan I met on holiday and is adamant they won’t be selling for less than five million if at all.
Take of that what you will,he was six foot four with the biggest Millwall tattoo I’ve ever seen on his back so I wasn’t arguing with him.

Apparently we have made him a long term deal and on a very competitive wage.
Sounds like we really want him then, which is positive.

As you said, in Stevie we trust.

I think you’ll have more chance than me of convincing him Scarlett :D:D
Look at Defoe, legend in the game but what has he actually won? Yes it's a lucrative career at the top level but fighting relegation, or just mid-table mediocrity isn't what kids dream of. Having fans sing your name, lifting a cup, medals round your neck, European nights, being part of something special.... everyone wants to score the winning goal in the final, right? You don't get that opportunity at every club. But you'll get all of that and more with us if you commit yourself. Plus our facilities, our coaching team and the guidance of our manager.

Look at Goldson after a year, do you think he's pleased he came to us...? ;)

Sounds like we really want him then, which is positive.

As you said, in Stevie we trust.

Look at Defoe, legend in the game but what has he actually won? Yes it's a lucrative career at the top level but fighting relegation, or just mid-table mediocrity isn't what kids dream of. Having fans sing your name, lifting a cup, medals round your neck, European nights, being part of something special.... everyone wants to score the winning goal in the final, right? You don't get that opportunity at every club. But you'll get all of that and more with us if you commit yourself. Plus our facilities, our coaching team and the guidance of our manager.

Look at Goldson after a year, do you think he's pleased he came to us...? ;)
Great post Scarlett.

As you at it seems like Defoe & Goldson are loving it. If they are happy, and of course Steven Gerrard is committed to the club, why would Aribo ignore that ?

It’s a very special club. And I’m not biased :cool:

There are a lot of similarities between him and Mr Grumpy who appeared for a few weeks of Mayhem and then vanished.
It's been chaos last few weeks with some bonkers stuff.

BakuBear was another, kept saying his journo mate GranitXB was telling him stuff, got banned, then became PrideOfGovanLoyal, and says he hears from his mate. Totally ignores when folk rip the pish about GranitXB.

Bonkers. But why I love FF.

Great post Scarlett.

As you at it seems like Defoe & Goldson are loving it. If they are happy, and of course Steven Gerrard is committed to the club, why would Aribo ignore that ?

It’s a very special club. And I’m not biased :cool:
Seems Aribo is pally with Kamara too, and given Kamaras recent comments I think he'd be another positive voice in the conversation.

I'm up the weekend of the Blackburn game, he better be signed, settled in and given a run out then!

Signed an extension according to a Lions fan I met on holiday and is adamant they won’t be selling for less than five million if at all.
Take of that what you will,he was six foot four with the biggest Millwall tattoo I’ve ever seen on his back so I wasn’t arguing with him.
If it was £5mill then it would actually seem like a decent investment. Proven effective left sided defender with time for further development and a tendency to score goals. £5mill for that is way better value than £3mill for Turnbull and £5mill wouldn’t be outwith our budget, especially if Morelos goes.

Unfortunately I suspect that the fee would be far higher given the responses last year and the prolonged contract

Recoba

Official Ticketer
It's been chaos last few weeks with some bonkers stuff.

BakuBear was another, kept saying his journo mate GranitXB was telling him stuff, got banned, then became PrideOfGovanLoyal, and says he hears from his mate. Totally ignores when folk rip the pish about GranitXB.

Bonkers. But why I love FF.
Ha ha yes you have got to love it but when we are all impatient and waiting for a signing it gets harder to take some people.

Last edited:
If it was £5mill then it would actually seem like a decent investment. Proven effective left sided defender with time for further development and a tendency to score goals. £5mill for that is way better value than £3mill for Turnbull and £5mill wouldn’t be outwith our budget, especially if Morelos goes.

Unfortunately I suspect that the fee would be far higher given the responses last year and the prolonged contract
Yip I think five million would probably be the starting point the way the guy was talking and plenty of English clubs with deeper pockets will probably bid.Cooper was the difference between them staying in the championship and getting relegated,said the guy I spoke to.

Fwiw I’m not sure us paying five million on a single player is the best idea unless it’s a very special attacking talent where the risk might be worth the reward.
If Morelos goes and we signed someone like Prevljak fair enough but otherwise it’s a lot of eggs in one basket.

If we tie up Aribo, Ojo & Kalas I’d be starting to feel pretty good, albeit we don’t know if there’s any substance to the Kalas one.
Kalas looks like he could be an excellent signing, would like it if he was in our sights.

We need 2 CD's in, I'm hoping we spend some money on a decent, big tough bassa with experience and then another guy like Katic last year who we can take time to develop (Edmundson?)

Ojo could be excellent if he can adapt to our game - looks a big strong lad so that's a good start.

Plus Hastie, Jones and Stewart who will all do their bit over the season.

Kalas looks like he could be an excellent signing, would like it if he was in our sights.

We need 2 CD's in, I'm hoping we spend some money on a decent, big tough bassa with experience and then another guy like Katic last year who we can take time to develop (Edmundson?)

Ojo could be excellent if he can adapt to our game - looks a big strong lad so that's a good start.

Plus Hastie, Jones and Stewart who will all do their bit over the season.
Agree on 2 CDs, although I’m thinking that we maybe cash in on Barisic ( 3-4m maybe ? ) and make one of them a Left CD / Left Back ? As you suggest Edmundson for say 700k sounds like it’s a decent risk to take for the long term.